Seasons AI scoring problem

• 5 Replies

Danimal1013

« on: July 16, 2015, 03:54:40 PM »
Hey all, I just wanted to start out by saying I'm a huge fan of this game and really enjoy what HB studios and the community has done with what I believe to be the best golf game ever made and one of the best sports simulations! This is my first post of many future ones on the forums!

However I have noticed some outlandish scoring by the AI in seasons mode. Seasons 1 and 2 were not too bad and I got through them the first time. Come the Pro-Am 3rd season scores were pretty crazy. Often times -10 under through 18 and -19 through 36 which seemed crazy for the 3rd season on hard courses. I was only able to win 2/14 events after 2 full seasons. After my 2nd season I ranked 6 overall and went to the Pro season, which is where the real issue was...

The first event is a 9 hole par 3 (i think?) course. The top 10 were all -31(!!!) through 9 holes which is mathematically impossible on a par 3 course and still realistically impossible on a normal Par 36. I was wondering if anybody else has experienced this. Not sure if this should be in the bug reporting forum or what but I figured most people read the general forum and I was curious if it was on other platforms as well.

Bought the DLC on PS4, all digital version. Let me know if you've seen this! Hope the devs see this post as well.

Cheagles

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 03:56:17 PM »
Yes there was an issue with the calculations for the first course in the Pro Season which caused the strange scoring.  It's fixed and we'll have an update out shortly for it.

Danimal1013

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 04:02:42 PM »
Awesome, thank you for the quick response. Keep up the good work!

tarbat

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 04:42:18 AM »
Yes there was an issue with the calculations for the first course in the Pro Season which caused the strange scoring.  It's fixed and we'll have an update out shortly for it.

How soon is "shortly"?  I bought the seasons update specifically to play in Seasons mode, and so far that's not been possible.  Do you expect the update out this weekend, or are we talking weeks/months away?
XB1

Cheagles

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 08:50:34 AM »
Hoping for next week.  Has to get through certification.

gavain2

• classical fanatic
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 03:20:35 PM »
playing in the seasons tourneys I didn't like the Gills? Course, all narrow fairways and postage stamp greens. That's not how to make a course have some difficult holes.
One hole has, on the second shot to the green, which is  a small lozenge shape, pin at the narrow end with, in front of it a bunker and a tree this side of the bunker.  I try in my learning to construst a course avoid narrow fairways, lots of red & yellow lines on the greens and I turn off the slpoe slider and make my own.

Just my take on the Season tourney and creation in general.

steinbeck

space-cash