Random 95% shot power

• 19 Replies

pmcc13

« on: July 17, 2015, 11:51:32 AM »
Anyone available to comment on the subject issue?

I've always played with the right stick but something has went wrong since the update regarding swing power.
On around 30% of my swings the power is only getting 95%.
Seems purely random what shot its going to happen on.
Can't believe this has happened to the game on the release week of the 'other' golf game.
Hopefully someone commits to giving an answer on this problem too rather than just the left stick problems as this is a gamebreaker.

cheers
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 12:18:32 PM by pmcc13 »

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 11:58:45 AM »
The swing has been removed from the frame rate.  Previously, when you had a low frame rate the game was just giving you 100% expecting that was what you were aiming for even if your swing wasn't deserving of 100%.  When you had a higher frame rate, that same swing would result in the less than 100% swings.   Now, you are getting the true result of your swing based on the power and tempo of your swing.  100% is definitely attainable.

pmcc13

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 12:16:39 PM »
Thanks for getting back to me Keith.

But in all honesty the 95% shots seem really random.
This is on XB1. I have been playing TGC since march and this doesn't feel right.
So, what you are saying is after playing the game for this long, I now have to change the way I play it?
Sorry on the figures on the first post...im getting 70% of my shots 100% power.
30% of them are falling to 95% shot power but it seems purely random which swing it selects to be only 95%

this bits gonna sound cheeky, but its not intended to be...
you should get someone in house to play 2 or 3 rounds with an xb1 and see if they notice it any different.

If you pop over to TGCtours forum you can see im not the only one experiencing this.
http://tgctours.proboards.com/thread/3978/95-swings-update
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 12:23:36 PM by pmcc13 »

drivert

• GroupMember
  • XBOX GT is mariner175
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 12:48:57 PM »
I have found that with the new swing on xb1 if I dont make sure my golfer makes a complete swing to the top before I go forward I get 95%. So I can achieve 100% every time if I make sure I wait to see my swing to the top complete before going into the downswing

pmcc13

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 12:53:52 PM »
I feel I have done that.
I have always done the pause at the top of the backswing.
I have now tried to cut that pause down...make it longer etc....no difference.
Ill give it another wee go tonight. but ill tell you something for nothing its as frustrating as ****

looking through threads a lot of people are having the issue with the xb1
on here and TGC.tours forum
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 01:01:12 PM by pmcc13 »

leslie.sangster

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 01:37:11 PM »

I feel I have done that.
I have always done the pause at the top of the backswing.
I have now tried to cut that pause down...make it longer etc....no difference.
Ill give it another wee go tonight. but ill tell you something for nothing its as frustrating as ****

looking through threads a lot of people are having the issue with the xb1
on here and TGC.tours forum

From some of the posts I have seen before on this forum the same thing happend with PS4 after the update and I'm sure Keith replied that they found it was a server problem.

Sent from my iPad

tarbat

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 01:55:30 PM »
I have found that with the new swing on xb1 if I dont make sure my golfer makes a complete swing to the top before I go forward I get 95%. So I can achieve 100% every time if I make sure I wait to see my swing to the top complete before going into the downswing

Correct.  I can pause nearly 2 seconds at the top of the backswing and always get 100%.  It's way too easy to always get 100%.
XB1

Alfyg

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 04:57:13 PM »
This 95% $hit with the right stick is getting old...!!! I swear I'm tryin to be a good sport and "hang in there" with it, but my week in the league tourney is turning out to be crap... I can only hope that the 95% bug is corrected when/with the backwards left stick bug is passed on through MS... It cant come soon enough...
[/quote]

TigerFanBritt

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 06:12:50 PM »
95% is sucking the fun out for me as well. I'm getting it 12-15 times a round.

Birdorf

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2015, 06:25:58 PM »
I played this for the first time In ages yesterday and was getting 95% about 70% of the time. I'd never had this problem before, so I came on here, read about the update, then added a slightly longer pause to the top of my backswing and everything is now back to normal.

I'm not saying there's not a bug, but slightly adjusting my swing fixed the issue for me.

dystemper.cc

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2015, 02:03:04 AM »
Right stick user 95% sufferer. I always hit 100%, not anymore. There is no range it's 100 or it 95.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Alfyg

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 06:37:04 PM »
I'm finding it increasingly difficult to enjoy this game when the swing stick is all "F"'d up and the 95% swing glitch on top of that. However, if I don't play in the tourneys that I signed up for weeks ago I incur a DQ and will be suspended for a week.. SMDH !!
[/quote]

Alfyg

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2015, 06:40:02 PM »
And I'm trying my best to be patient....I'm turning the controller upside down and swinging the right stick with my left thumb. Anyone have any better or other ideas ? We can't do nothing about the 95% glitch ATM that happens on 60% of shots (including putts) What a mess !!
[/quote]

Slimpatg

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 01:41:41 AM »
I'm getting increasingly frustrated with this also. I just played a round in the rain for one of the tournaments on tgctours and got 6 95% shots which cost me atleast 6 shots cause I hit one in the water. I make the same swing every time. The first round I luckily only had 2 95%. It's not like I'm not good and I don't know what I'm talking about, I just won last weeks pga tournament. The 95% is completely random despite what you say about the frame rate. So now I can't even aim over water anymore because of not knowing when it's coming. I didn't even really need the dlc but I bought it just to support you guys cause I thought this was one of the best games I've ever played. This has almost ruined it for me and if there are no changes to it then I will sadly quit playing.

Slimpatg

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 04:27:21 AM »
I'm happy to report that I played 2 rounds after the update with no 95%. It didn't look like this issue was being addressed after reading some comments from you guys but it looks like it has. I had so much fun during those 2 rounds. Thanks for fixing it.

space-cash