Ghostball Notification of Loss & Challenge Rematch Option With IM

• 2 Replies

Clc9090

« on: July 17, 2015, 11:29:40 AM »
Really enjoy TGC.

I request that when Player 1 beats one or more Ghostball scores (Players 2 - 4)  in a round of golf, that the Ghostball players 2 - 4 be notified in their message window of the loss and the players handicaps, with an option for a Ghostball rematch against Player 1.  So Player one beats Ghostball Players 2-4.  Players 2 - 4 receive a message thereafter stating that Player 1 (with X handicap) beat their score on [course] on [date] with a checkbox option for Rematch.  Player 2, for example can check the Rematch box for any of the Players on the same course for a rematch and then plays against their Ghostballs.  Whomever Player 2 beats in the Rematch receives notification for a Rematch. 

The window should be sortable by course, date, handicap & player ID, with at least secondary sorts allowed. . . and do a check before launching the rematch that all the rematch selections are for the same course.  This allows a sort by course & handicap so Player 2 can find all players with a similar handicap that beat his/her score in the past week for example.

It would probably be pretty easy using the above architecture to provide a similar notification of who Player 1 beat (without the rematch option).  Adds to the whole feedback and experience I think.

A little text message window would be nice to allow Player 1 at the end of the match to have the option to say something to each of the bested or triumphant Players (limit of 100 characters or the like).  This would allow some personalization to the whole Ghostball competition.

[Sup 1: If you did something like the Ghostball Rematch consider really opening up the number of slots that can be played for the rematch.  So I could play in one game against 10 Ghostballs on a rematch.  Why not . . . ]
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 12:36:39 PM by Clc9090 »

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 12:05:40 PM »
You do get notifications when a friend beats your score on a course.  This idea takes it to another level!  Thanks for the feedback.

Clc9090

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 12:29:52 PM »
A couple additional notes:

When I play with my family on TGC, we always add Ghostballs in empty slots for added competition.  The "Suggestion" option TGC has is very nice.  The whole Ghostball thing is a lot of fun.

If you did something like the Ghostball Rematch consider really opening up the number of slots that can be played for the rematch.  So I could play in one game against 10 Ghostballs on a rematch.  Why not . . .
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 12:38:38 PM by Clc9090 »

space-cash