PC Seasons Issue

• 13 Replies

DParker

« on: July 20, 2015, 12:30:44 PM »
This question is for my stepfather who's playing the game on the PC.

He's playing Seasons, Amateur, he won a President's Cup, was playing another President's Cup, he was at a certain hole, when he went back, the game went to the first tee, he takes a shot, then the game just hangs where the balls lies and this happens after several attempts to re-try.  He can play other courses just fine.

Just for his peace of mind, can the developers confirm if there is a bug with the Seasons mode and if so, should people wait before investing too much time into it?

Cheagles

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 12:34:14 PM »
The PC version should be playing properly.  So he went back and played the same season over after completing it?  Would you be able to post the output_log after this issue occurs and we'll take a look?  It can be found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheGolfClub\golf_Data

A video of the issue would be helpful as well, if possible.

DParker

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 01:08:39 PM »
He abandoned the season and if it happens again I will post the log and a video.

What would happen would be that he'd take his tee shot, the ball would land, and then the screen would freeze on a screen showing where the ball landed.  Could not escape the game other than closing application through Windows. 

He said he won the President's Cup, selected continue, (he thinks he was playing for the President's Cup again), he played about 6 or 7 holes, exited the game and then he went back,  he didn't get an option to continue, but he was back at the first hole and after the tee shot it would screw up.

On the plus side, crash aside, it's his favourite game  :)

DParker

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 02:40:19 PM »
As an update for anyone with a similar problem, my step father abandoned, restarted and it works fine.

He believes he was replaying the President's Cup.  He said he was about to put and left the game and it crashed when he came back to continue.  So maybe it's best to finish a hole before you exit the game.

drlowdon

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 02:57:05 PM »
I have a problem seasons mode on PS4 - Its really boring......

DParker

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 10:33:40 AM »
Well as another update, my step father got past Club, Amateur and then got hung up in whatever comes after Amateur.

Will post the log but  for others prepared to invest time in the Seasons mode, be warned it may all jam up on you.

Sigh.

tarbat

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 11:47:31 AM »
Will post the log but  for others prepared to invest time in the Seasons mode, be warned it may all jam up on you.

What log?  If this is happening on the PC version as well, then that's a big clue to HB that this is NOT exclusively an XB1 problem as they have suggested to me.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:51:14 AM by tarbat »
XB1

DParker

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 01:13:37 PM »
The second post pointed to where I can find a log file.  It's not just an XBox issue. 

tarbat

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 01:26:55 PM »
The second post pointed to where I can find a log file.  It's not just an XBox issue.

Thanks.  Anyone know how to access this log file on the XB1?
XB1

Lout Of Order

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2015, 01:43:11 PM »

Thanks.  Anyone know how to access this log file on the XB1?
Can't be done I'm afraid.

DParker

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2015, 04:51:52 PM »
Okay here details of the second crash.

He was playing Seasons,  Pro Am Season, he was playing int the 5th event of 6, he was in mid round, he missed a putt, reviewed the putt, then reviewed it again and then the game crashed.  When he went back, his stats for the first 4 events are wiped and he can't replay them.  When he tries to play the 5th event again, he can hit a tee shot, then the game freezes.

The output log is too large to post.  When I try to post it I get a message saying the message exceeds the maximum allowed length (20000 characters).

If the developers want the log, message and I will email it.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2015, 07:36:12 PM »
You can e-mail it to me and I will forward to the dev team.  keithc@hb-studios.com

DParker

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 09:10:03 PM »
I sent the log to you Keith.

As a further update, he abandoned the game, and he was able to re-start the Pro-Am league without losing the games he had played in the previous modes (Club and Amateur).

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2015, 09:42:03 PM »
Got it thanks.  I sent it to the dev team.

space-cash