2 small suggestions

• 2 Replies

Jambomakaveli

« on: July 23, 2015, 09:50:32 AM »
I have 2 small suggestions, that for me would improve these areas, not sure how others feel, but thought I'd put them down anyway......

1. On the on screen HUD, top left below the course you are playing, where it has gamertag, score and shot....

Regarding shot.... Shouldn't this be the shot your on? Not how many you have taken. The amount of times I look at that and miscalculate is unreal.

To be honest, if it's not going to be changed to the shot your currently on, why not get rid of it, as roughly 1 inch above that it tells you your current stroke. Maybe it's just me, but I'd always want to be told what my current shot is, not how many I have taken.

I.e. Watching golf on tv.... "Here is adam Scott going for a birdie 3"

Not "here is adam Scott who has played 2"

2. Really unsure why this hasn't been implemented already....

Seems such a small fix.... The aiming reticule is invisible against a lot of backdrops. Surely an option to change colour wouldn't be hard?

Hoping these can be taken on board, thanks.

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 10:11:59 AM »
I can agree with number 2.  I too have a hard time seeing it sometimes.  Maybe they could implement something like they did with the FLAG where a button would change the color of it temporarily.  I think for the most part it should be visible but not in your face.  The goal has always been more simulation than arcade.  I think a blinking yellow neon reticle would not fly with the developer goals of the game.  But agree a bit more contrast or a temporary color by choice of the player with a button would be perfect!

As for "laying 2"  I disagree.  It's not in the hole until it's in the hole.  The only score that is known is how many you've hit.  You can deduce what you'll make by adding one if you make the shot your on.  It's said both ways on TV.  Most officials you'll hear talk about how many you "lie"  again because that's all that is for sure.  A bit subjective maybe but I bet there are others that feel it is proper as it is now.
StormGolf73 on PC and XB1

My Courses
TPC Four Seasons - Coming
Bay Hill Club & Lodge - RCR
Trump National Philadelphia - RCR
Southern Hills Country Club - RCR
Galveston Country Club - RCR
The DC Golf Club - Design Contest
The Wicklow Hollow Golf Club
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

stonecomet

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 01:45:46 AM »
As for the aiming marker just turn it off and play...for that matter go ahead and turn of that ridiculous ball trail as well.  ;) Seriously play it as you like.  I don't use either so as long as I can turn them off then make it whatever color or brightness you want.  :)

space-cash