Turn Order?

• 28 Replies

Dusty_Van

« on: July 31, 2015, 08:43:17 PM »
I play with ghost players now and then, just now and then. Looks like something's happened to turn order. In the past I'd enable turn order to play with ghosts and disable it to go back to just me. BTW I'm not talking ghost balls, I mean actual ghost players. Lately, like in the last several weeks now that's not the case. Seems like it starts out with ghosts playing but disabling turn order does not send them back to ghost balls. I have to go into "change rivals" and delete the other players to play alone. Is the something that came along with the last update or am I out to lunch? What gives here?
Tnx,
Dusty
The Age of Brass is ending, we are entering the Age of Irony.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 11:13:39 PM »
Which platform are you on?  So when you disable it, it still stays on turn based?

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 01:28:26 AM »
This is a bug on the ps4 as well.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

Dusty_Van

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 02:49:30 AM »
I'm on a PC. Been playing for a couple of years and this just started within the last few weeks so far as I can tell. Yes, the game starts in turn order. I've disabled but I still have ghost players. I have to go into change rivals and remove the ghost players to play alone. I like the ghost balls but you can guess the delays while the ghosts play through.
Dusty
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 02:55:05 AM by Dusty_Van »
The Age of Brass is ending, we are entering the Age of Irony.

tarbat

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 04:25:23 AM »
You can turn turn-order off (permanently) in the main game options, under SOCIAL options.
XB1

Henry Hatch

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 11:24:38 AM »
I'm on pc and I cannot change turn order using the in game pause menu. I have to exit the game and go to social settings. Going to settings in game does not work either. I must exit the game and come back.

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 11:37:28 AM »
I'm on pc and I cannot change turn order using the in game pause menu. I have to exit the game and go to social settings. Going to settings in game does not work either. I must exit the game and come back.

Yeah,   just so the devs know,  there is something very off with turn order on the ps4.   ddawg the other night,  I could see my opponent taking his shots but they couldn't see me even though they had turn order enabled.   Then miraculously after they disabled turn order it started working!!!  So go figure,  they turned it off and then it worked.. LOL..
It seems to me that there are some server issues that don't allow certain things at certain times.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 11:52:32 AM »
Just one more little detail in this area.

The honor to T'off on the next T.
a) I there is not starting list there shall be a drawing for the sequence of T-ing of. Not by hcp, nor age, nor ....
b) For the T-ing order on the next T only the actually played strokes are taken into account, no hcp, no penalties, no gimmis.

Both little details that are very often made wrong irl as well.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

Acrilix

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 03:24:40 PM »
When you start on the first hole, and enable turn order and tee off together, turn order then kicks in, but if you tie the hole you are all teeing off simultaneously again on the next tee. This goes on and on until someone actually wins the hole.
If nothing else, just please assign one player priority as soon as turn order is enabled.  ;)
My last 7 courses (newest first):
Binyon Peak
McGonagall Golf Club
Lovelace Bay
Swinburne Forest GC
Brackenridge Nine by Acrilix
Drayton Lakes
Chudleigh Golf Club

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 07:17:58 PM »
exactly my point a). This often causes problems in the game, that are gone after the first hole that is not tied.
b) is simply missimplemented. Example, 2 players and one of them has to give a stroke due to hcp (+ on the scorecard). The non + player has the honor and playes par, the + player plays his birdie -> the honor stays unchanged. Other example: none have to give or get strokes, both play par, but one of them was in the water hazard and got a penalty stroke. -> no change for the honor, tho the "water-golfer" should recieve the honor; he played 1 shot less.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

Ninja_Prime

• Ninja_Prime at Youtube
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 02:01:05 AM »
Only just noticed this issue too, I thought it was my home PC, but I play this game at work too and I get the same problem, turnbased is broken, after the new updates.
There is no  shame in defeat, there is only shame if you do not learn from it.

Acrilix

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2015, 04:41:20 AM »
Only just noticed this issue too, I thought it was my home PC, but I play this game at work too and I get the same problem, turnbased is broken, after the new updates.

It's always been broken.  ;)
My last 7 courses (newest first):
Binyon Peak
McGonagall Golf Club
Lovelace Bay
Swinburne Forest GC
Brackenridge Nine by Acrilix
Drayton Lakes
Chudleigh Golf Club

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2015, 11:27:42 AM »
Agreed,  it has indeed always been askew.  I really don't understand how they can not see the importance of a great multiplayer its baffling.    Two words (rocket league)

Ninja_Prime

• Ninja_Prime at Youtube
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2015, 04:24:21 PM »
I've never noticed this as an issue before, it always worked OK for me until now!
There is no  shame in defeat, there is only shame if you do not learn from it.

patcon

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2015, 08:57:55 PM »
At this time turn order is indeed broken.

space-cash