Turn Order?

• 28 Replies

DaveLzi7

• Just shot a 59, now it's off to the back 9
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2015, 06:17:42 PM »
I play TGC on the PC and PS4 and turn order seems to work fine on the PS4, disabled you just see the ghost balls, enabled you actually see the ghost players take their shots (which is how I prefer to play the game, more realistic). But on the PC, enabled or disabled, all you see is ghost balls. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2015, 07:37:11 PM »
turn order where you see the other golfers animation wasn't working for me the two times I tried it,  and trust me I know how it's suppose to work..  This tells me HB has some weird issues going on with their servers or something even crazier...   If it was my or my friends connection that would utterly surprise me..
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

HB_Owen

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2015, 09:50:23 AM »
I've tested turn order over the last few days and it's working well.

What part of turn order is not working for you guys?

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2015, 03:33:52 PM »
Well,   when I played on the ps4 last time,   I could see my opponent but he could never see me regardless of whether it was enabled or not.    It's like pulling teeth to get several guys synced up and watching each other....  Also,  everyone tees off at the same time and this is ridiculous because it doesn't sync up after the first hole most of the time..

Trust me,   it hardly ever works ...
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

DaveLzi7

• Just shot a 59, now it's off to the back 9
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2015, 11:03:40 PM »
On the PC version, whether turn order is disabled or enabled, all you see is the ghost players ball moving on screen, not the ghost player appearing  on screen taking his shot. It's like the enabled setting is not working.

wirenut48

• Retired Electrician IBEW Local 48
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2015, 04:05:11 AM »
I've tested turn order over the last few days and it's working well.

What part of turn order is not working for you guys?

For one the turn order toggle no longer works in the social settings tab and seems to mess up the in game toggle.

The other which I believe is the cause of most all the problems is that you aren't receiving data from other live players. It may work for ghost balls I wouldn't know as I only play this game with live friends. It can be a nightmare at times to get synced up even if you're both on the same hole. Like when trying to add them to the scorecard from "change rivals" and it will say no rivals found.

If you get out of sync or someone joins a game in progress the scorecard info won't update. Try removing and re adding them will show them still on the previous hole. Sometimes it will freeze with you just staring at a ball sitting on the ground mid round. Then you have the whole fiasco of trying to get synced again, somethings you never do.

It's really starting to take the fun out of playing this game with friends as a lot of the time is spent trying to get the game to work. I have played lots of rounds without trouble but lately it seems to be getting worse. Removing and adding a player use to be a decent workaround to get players synced, but now is a real struggle.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 04:19:17 AM by wirenut48 »
PSN/Steam Wirenut48

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

Acrilix

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2015, 04:13:52 AM »
On the PC version, whether turn order is disabled or enabled, all you see is the ghost players ball moving on screen, not the ghost player appearing  on screen taking his shot. It's like the enabled setting is not working.

We don't experience this on PC, but there is a bug if you start a second round with turn enabled on where this happens for us. You have to turn it off then on again to re-enable it. Round starts and friend invites also disappear from the message centre before the player can click on them. This also mostly occurs when starting a second round in turn enabled play - the first round is usually ok.

Balls occasionally fail to mark when on the green.
My last 7 courses (newest first):
Binyon Peak
McGonagall Golf Club
Lovelace Bay
Swinburne Forest GC
Brackenridge Nine by Acrilix
Drayton Lakes
Chudleigh Golf Club

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2015, 12:44:55 PM »
Sounds like the only real fix is a while new multiplayer system :)

Ninja_Prime

• Ninja_Prime at Youtube
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2015, 01:54:07 AM »
LOL I have turn based disabled, but it still works :P
There is no  shame in defeat, there is only shame if you do not learn from it.

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2015, 11:40:47 AM »
I really wish you guys over in Canada would quit testing in studio and saying it works.   Why don't get you get some boys from Texas such as myself with some boys from Cali such as Ddawg to do some real world testing?   This way,   you will know truly if it works.   Heck,   I can get other to test as well... 

pAter

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2015, 12:25:57 PM »
I really wish you guys over in Canada would quit testing in studio and saying it works.   Why don't get you get some boys from Texas such as myself with some boys from Cali such as Ddawg to do some real world testing?   This way,   you will know truly if it works.   Heck,   I can get other to test as well...

I play from Western Canada and my golfing buddy is in Wisconsin.   We have always had Turn order issues, pretty much a bit of everything that has been said in this thread.

We have a workaround that seems to work 99% of the time for us on PC.

Step by step...

• Player 1 picks a course and enters the course
  • Player 1 then adds a rival (Global Recent)
  • Player 1 then Enables turn order
  • Player 1 then invites Player 2 from Active Friends
  • Player 2 accepts invite, loads into game then enables Turn Order
  • Player 1 Drives the ball, then waits for both Ghost and Player 2 to drive
  • Player 1 waits until HIS second shot, then removes Ghost Rival

DO NOT remove the Ghost rival during a shot, anyones shot.  The game will freeze when the camera resets.

This is the ONLY way we have gotten the game to sync in order to play with each other. 

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2015, 12:28:03 PM »

I play from Western Canada and my golfing buddy is in Wisconsin.   We have always had Turn order issues, pretty much a bit of everything that has been said in this thread.

We have a workaround that seems to work 99% of the time for us on PC.

Step by step...

• Player 1 picks a course and enters the course
  • Player 1 then adds a rival (Global Recent)
  • Player 1 then Enables turn order
  • Player 1 then invites Player 2 from Active Friends
  • Player 2 accepts invite, loads into game then enables Turn Order
  • Player 1 Drives the ball, then waits for both Ghost and Player 2 to drive
  • Player 1 waits until HIS second shot, then removes Ghost Rival

DO NOT remove the Ghost rival during a shot, anyones shot.  The game will freeze when the camera resets.

This is the ONLY way we have gotten the game to sync in order to play with each other.

Thanks for posting that.   It's a sad set of affairs to have to jump through hoops like that to get it to work...   I would rather be a goat staring at a new gate :)

Ninja_Prime

• Ninja_Prime at Youtube
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2015, 05:00:09 PM »
To start with, when I started playing this game, I didn't even know you could see other players (ghosts) just their golf balls flying through the air. When I found out you could actually see other players, I left this enabled by default. I have tested it a few times and turned it off, but you can still see the other players rather than just their golf balls. Other times it works as it should, so this is an intermittent fault that works sometimes. I prefer to play with the ghost players on, and like to wait my turn, it's the closest thing to playing with AI..
I would like this fixed, rather than in its broken state. ;D 
There is no  shame in defeat, there is only shame if you do not learn from it.

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2015, 01:01:33 AM »
Say your prayers then :)

space-cash