Scarpacci: Completed & WIP

• 107 Replies

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2015, 06:29:47 PM »
Just have to comment on Thompson Island. Awesome course, Very realistic-feeling. Feels like a high budget semi-private club. Plays like a dream with aids off as well.

Well done, Sir.

Delayed thank you McBogga. 

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2015, 06:34:06 PM »
I played this a few days ago and meant to comment then.
This was the first course in a while that I really enjoyed playing. I've played a few of Scarpacci's courses and I feel he designs with a similar philosophy to myself - probably why I enjoy them so much!! ;D
I definitely need to play the rest soon as I think I've only played 3 or 4 so far, and I hope that there will be many more to come.  ;)

3 or 4 should be plenty. I dont want you to get Scarpacci sickness.  Sorry to hear you've moved on but it sounds like you've found something that you enjoy more so I can't say I blame you.  I've just invested so much into this game I would find it hard to move on.

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2015, 06:38:52 PM »
Excellent, I've had the itch for a new Scarpacci course!

The forums have been pretty slow, mostly because HB doesn't post any new info and and are generally absent aside from some weekly tour that HB_keith streams on twitch.

Scruffy moved on to Rory and caused me to lose some interest, really miss his streams.....but the game is certainly still alive & active.

Honestly, it will be a long while before I get anything released.  Just dipping my toes back in.  Been a lot of stopping and starting while I get used to the changes in the designer.

Scuffy was the man.  I know he wasn't everybody's favorite on the forums but he has always been super kind and helpful to me on his his stream.

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2015, 07:15:52 PM »
Laughed my ass off at this.......

"I honestly though I was going to be world famous for it.  I went back and played it recently and almost commit suicide.  You got to start somewhere I guess.

I've felt the same way looking back at my early creations.  It would just be so great if HB would let the creator of a course go back and delete it.  Also it would help if you were to decide to update an existing creation that you could actually just replace it instead of coming up with something to change the name like v2, updated, etc.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

rdh

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2015, 08:30:13 PM »
Now that was awesome to see this morning!  There are a ton of us here, and the simulator crowd is growing steadily.  As you know I've really loved your designs in the past and would be thrilled to see more from you scarpacci...plus ProTee versions!  Still hoping for that version of Thompson island with those 4 holes shortened that I mentioned.  Anyway, i'll look forward to anything you release.

The rdh edition of Thompson will happen.  I'll let you know when I get it published.

Sounds like a dream!  I really can't say enough about how much I like your layouts...super playable and highly realistic.  Exactly what I look for in courses for TGC.

Where have you been anyway??  Purposely staying away to build up demand for your return??

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2015, 09:34:49 PM »
Where have you been anyway??  Purposely staying away to build up demand for your return??

Ha.  I tried that once and when I came back nobody remembered me.  :P

Work has been crazy busy lately.  It's great but I'm hoping for a little bit of a break so I can have some down time.

rdh

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2015, 09:55:13 PM »
My master plan worked.  I've been trying to tank the business you worked at so you'd have more time to design courses.  It's all coming together...

rdh

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2015, 09:58:15 PM »
Just so you know...i'm playing scarpacci vineyard right now to warm up for the triumphant return...

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2015, 03:39:03 PM »
Took a while to get back into a groove but I'm starting to bang them out now.  1 thru 6 of my new Highlands course....

rdh

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2015, 03:57:43 PM »
Looks great and highly playable...should be another one well-suited to a simulator version.  Glad to see you back!

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2015, 05:26:00 PM »
Don't worry rdh, I'm being proactive this time with the ProTee layout.  ;D

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2015, 03:29:53 PM »
7,8 & 9 mostly complete.

rdh

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2015, 06:18:42 PM »
To quote ben stiller from meet the fockers...  "I'm a lookin, and I'm a likin'."

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2015, 07:00:21 AM »
My latest design, Scarpacci Bluff has just been released.  7400ish yards, par 71. Meant to play a little tougher than my last few but still shouldn't pose to much trouble for the average player. Plenty of scoring in low winds but can get a little tricky when it's blowing double digits. Beast mode tour set up and protee versions will likely be published Sunday night.

If anybody reads this then give her a play and let me know how your round went. Thanks!

rdh

« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2015, 09:57:56 AM »
Just played the first three holes and will finish later...beautiful so far!  Right in line with what I expect when I see your name on a course scarpacci.  :)

Any chance of whipping off that tweak to Thompson island along with the protee version of this one?  Looking forward to playing both!

space-cash