Bug - Player not responding with mouse pull back. Can't take shot ?

• 23 Replies

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 02:51:55 PM »
I don't have any additional info with regards to how exactly they are updating.  As soon as I hear something, I will post here.

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 12:26:08 PM »
Hi. I've clocked up over 110 hours playing the Golf Club on a PC with a mouse - specifically with a Microsoft mouse or sometimes a wireless Logitech. Yesterday suddenly, the back swing action to hit the ball didn't happen when I pressed the left button and pulled the mouse back...as I had done thousands of times before. The cursor was still working on the screen and I could select items from the menu..I .just couldn't make the player make the shot???

I tried several things - starting a different course, restarting the whole game, rebooting the PC, going to launch options and resetting input, going to controllers within the game to make sure mouse controls, trying two different mice I had etc. At one point it started working again but after about 6 holes it stopped working again and I haven't been able to get it to work again??  I have even verified the cache through Steam a couple of times.

Can anyone offer any advice or has anyone else had this problem??
Truebritdk

I have had this happen a few times.  What I did to correct it simply was to ALT/TAB to another window. Let it come up then ALT/TAB back to the golf game and I was able to swing properly.

Lyndal

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 12:38:45 AM »
Has there been any updates on this issue?  I've reassigned controller, restarted, alt-tabbed to other windows, Alt-Entered to full screen mode, etc.  No luck. 

I do have a wheel/pedal controller hooked up if you think that might be interfering?  But it was certainly working just a few days ago.

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2015, 02:54:06 AM »
It looks like they sometimes forget that there are players using a Mouse when releasing a new update.

That's how much we're considerated... definitely wasted money for an unplayable game, for me. I'm waiting (without playing) for an "August Update" (if there'll be any) otherwise I'll post my review on Steam and, if there won't be a BIG improvement about that, it will be another very bad one. My patience is almost definitely over.

I don't believe the dev's are not considering those who use a mouse on updates and this game is certainly not a waste of money. Since day one, they have constantly been improving the game in every aspect for all platforms. Coding is not an easy task, so sometimes updates will cause issues, but if you post your issues here you will find quick responses from members and the staff.  I can say from past years experience and owner of many games,  this group of Developer's do more than most to act quickly on issues that come up.
 Every system/computer has so many components and variations sometimes things will glitch for some and not others, so finding the common denominator is the key to fixing the problem, not complaining and threatening to post a bad review.
 Just my take on this. I have had issues, and have had nothing but great feedback from the community, staff and dev's.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 02:57:51 AM by Inflames47 »

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2015, 09:08:09 AM »

I don't believe the dev's are not considering those who use a mouse on updates ....

Sorry, this is exactly the impression that i get. Mouse and keyboard have been a quick and dirty implementation as an image copy of a console from day 1 on. And that is exactly what it still is today.
Certainly some improvements have been made, but implementing a throttle-knob to the putter, inventing a dead-zone for mouse-movements, ignoring existing keys on the keyboard etc. is not realy a solution and migth be considered a camouflage action to hide the image copy of a console a bit better.
Maybe the original problem in this thread is exactly the dead-zone that kills away all Input of the mouse if ist moved slowly. Happens to me on short puts, chips and pitches sometimes, if i try to hit less then 100%. Toon moves back, but does not take any forward movement of the mouse anymore, unless i smash it forward.
Imho there is no way around accepting the fact that a keyboard is a keyboard and a mouse is a mouse. Thus leaving the game with currently 3 totaly different input devices. That are a) consoles, standalone or attached to a pc, b) mouse/keyboard on a pc obviously and c) the pro2tee simulator.
Hopefully these problems get solved now as finaly after over a year HB has commited to adjust the mouse/keyboard handling. I have not yet burried my hopes.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

Lyndal

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 06:38:43 PM »
I check every day to see i the game is working for me yet.  Today it was working!  for about 3 holes and then stopped responding to pull back again.  yay.

Lyndal

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2015, 07:36:48 PM »
I thought I saw where someone said you could install the 32 bit version and it would work?  I bought through Steam.  If this will work then I'd like to try it.  But I can't find on steam or HB Studios website where I can get the 32-bit version??  thanks.

Lyndal

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2015, 11:54:59 PM »
...and 32-bit version has same problem.  yay.

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2015, 03:02:56 AM »
I check every day to see i the game is working for me yet.  Today it was working!  for about 3 holes and then stopped responding to pull back again.  yay.
Right click on you game in you Steam Library (not from a desktop shortcut) Select properties, then the tab  BETA then select 32 bit..to change back to 64 bit you do same except opt out of the beta.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 12:40:07 PM by Inflames47 »

space-cash