Multiple Pin Placements

• 24 Replies

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2015, 09:40:42 PM »
Just have pin sets so that ghost balls are saved to the specific pinset they played.  We basically simulate pinsets by publishing 4 different versions of the course as is.

Load up Magnolia, Pin Set 2 - you get a list of ghost balls that have played that pin set.  Ghost ball that played Pin Set 3 doesn't show up.  Just like a folder/tree directory.  Main folder is course, subfolders are pin sets - ghost balls get stored in the pin set folders.

Sounds easy - I'm sure it isn't but these guys have done amazing work, I'm sure they can figure it out ;)

Designer sets the pinsets prior to publishing (not random).

DDawg

• it's been quite a ride on this rock ...
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2015, 09:44:56 PM »
Been almost 15 years since I've last done any serious programming,  but on the surface it seems like it would be simple enough. It's all about time and money. 

LOL
My most recent course:
The CGC @ Peeblestone Bay

Misty Mountain Monastery
The Links @ Hylandia #2
El Dorado Hills 95762
Calaveras Willow Oak
San Simoleon

pingzing2

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2015, 09:29:05 AM »
Interesting topic this one

In other golf games current and going back few years, when choosing a course to play there is a pin placement selection, you choose  Easy, med, difficult, click on it then away you go.

I have made a few courses in the past  in the other golf games  and you can simply place 1 to 5  pins on the green  wherever you want them from easy to difficult, then when you goto play just select what you want
Courses

Maha Toka Golf Club
Tropic of Capricorn
Brookwater Pines
Springbrook Valley
Glenview Pines
Broken Hills GC
Chestnut Hollow
Autumn Valley Rise
Alpine Pass
pine forest creek

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 03:05:00 PM »
In case I'm not clear let me try and clarify.

1.   The designer publishes main course like always.

2.  Goes into published courses and find the one he just published.

3.  Change the pin placement and then instead of just publishing,  have HBS enable an option that enables this new pinned course as a sister course and only accessible by clicking on the MAIN course.

4.  The gamer clicks on Hoodoo Hills for example and gets taken to the typical screen showing the courses attributes but on the screen is given an option to select the other versions with the other pin placements.

5.  The secret here is making sure that the pinned courses are only accessible through the main course info screen.

+1 seems like this would work for all cases brought up here.  Now for the devs to include...hopefully it would be simple enough.  This makes it backwards compatible as best as possible I think....
StormGolf73 on PC and XB1

My Courses
TPC Four Seasons - Coming
Bay Hill Club & Lodge - RCR
Trump National Philadelphia - RCR
Southern Hills Country Club - RCR
Galveston Country Club - RCR
The DC Golf Club - Design Contest
The Wicklow Hollow Golf Club
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 11:43:53 PM »
In case I'm not clear let me try and clarify.

1.   The designer publishes main course like always.

2.  Goes into published courses and find the one he just published.

3.  Change the pin placement and then instead of just publishing,  have HBS enable an option that enables this new pinned course as a sister course and only accessible by clicking on the MAIN course.

4.  The gamer clicks on Hoodoo Hills for example and gets taken to the typical screen showing the courses attributes but on the screen is given an option to select the other versions with the other pin placements.

5.  The secret here is making sure that the pinned courses are only accessible through the main course info screen.

+1 seems like this would work for all cases brought up here.  Now for the devs to include...hopefully it would be simple enough.  This makes it backwards compatible as best as possible I think....

I'm glad you like the idea.  I know the Keith shared this with HB but we've gotten zero feedback on if it's possible or a viable option..  Here is hoping we get answers :)
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

Ckl - Sim user

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2015, 12:01:02 AM »
Love the idea of multiple pins under the one main course... A month later and still waiting on a response.

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2015, 01:25:05 AM »
I'm sure they're not interested in my idea or they would of said something.  Time will tell I guess.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2015, 04:10:12 PM »
I'll pile on....any word on this dev's?  Something possibly more than it's on the list...either a Nope, we not doing that...or It's scheduled for ____.  I think that's fair....ok maybe we'll accept it's on the list as well http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/Smileys/default/grin.gif

My Courses
The Wicklow Hollow Golf Club
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

HB_Owen

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2015, 10:57:37 AM »
Suggestions like these are great and we would love to continue to hear your ideas and input.

Adding something like this would be great, but there are lots of priorities that come before adding new features at this point. Know that your thoughts and ideas are heard and we are doing our best to address all your comments. 

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2015, 08:53:36 PM »
Thanks Owen.  Appreciate it!

My Courses