Let's REALLY make TGC what it claims to be

• 21 Replies

phlyerphanatic31

« on: August 13, 2015, 06:31:09 PM »
With TGC being the most realistic golf game on ANY platform ever..why not make it what it claims to be. Scrap the generic generated golfers and lets allow us to "put ourselves" right into the game. It would add to what is already the most true to life golf game EVER produced.

Is this in the plans? Doable?

Stan Solo

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 07:59:01 PM »
With TGC being the most realistic golf game on ANY platform ever..why not make it what it claims to be. Scrap the generic generated golfers and lets allow us to "put ourselves" right into the game. It would add to what is already the most true to life golf game EVER produced.

Is this in the plans? Doable?

With that claim, you have played every golf game ever made.Unrealistic but possible.
Yes,remove the cartoon avatars and have something photorealistic,not sure how much data that will use up.

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 08:51:39 PM »
That was one thing I really enjoyed in the Tiger Woods PGA Tour series.  I could get my avatar to look almost exactly like me even without the photo submission option.
Also, we could really use pine needles, mulch and more buildings and plants.  I would have much rather had these things than cart paths..........
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 09:28:33 PM »
You mean that you see the same on the screen as if you would hold the club yourself? Like:
  • when starting the backswing, your clubhead moves out of view to the right (left)...
  • when doing the thruswing it comes back in, hits the ball and disapears to the left (right)...
  • when lofting/shaping shots you see the clubhead tilting/turning behind the ball at adress...
  • while putting and chipping you see your putter doing its pendulum movement from 0 -> right -> left....
  • moving your mouse/stick right for backswing, thru and left for the thruswing....
  • etc....
would be marvelous.  ;)
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 09:43:24 PM »
That was one thing I really enjoyed in the Tiger Woods PGA Tour series.  I could get my avatar to look almost exactly like me even without the photo submission option.
Also, we could really use pine needles, mulch and more buildings and plants.  I would have much rather had these things than cart paths..........

I showed the pine needles and mulch in yesterday's stream.

Williamhotel69

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 12:07:46 AM »
Yeah, and you also showed the new "Ghost Tree" feature. Apparently not new but it sure looked like one of those new bare tree models.
Courses created:
TGC 2019
Port - The Golf Club of Houston (RCR)
TGC2
The Golf Club of Houston (RCR)
TGC1
Mason Dixon Golf Course
Mistwood Golf Course (RCR)
Hillcrest Golf & CC (RCR)
The Walker Course Clemson SC / Tiger Tees (RCR)
The Golf Club of Houston (RCR)

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 12:02:23 PM »
AWESOME KEITH !!!!!!  I'll have to check that out.  CANT WAIT !!!!!
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

PBOTTE

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 03:04:48 PM »
A golf game without a computer opponent like the TW series should never be considered a true golf simulation. It is so anticlimactic to play a game already knowing the score of your opponent.

Also, this game desperately needs an ingame option to control the gamma and the brightness, among other things.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 03:37:56 PM by PBOTTE »

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 03:46:11 PM »
A golf game without a computer opponent like the TW series should never be considered a true golf simulation. It is so anticlimactic to play a game already knowing the score of your opponent.

Also, this game desperately needs an ingame option to control the gamma and the brightness, among other things.

Go into the Social settings and turn off "Show Rivals Scores".  You will then see "? ? ? ?" for their scores.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:06:43 PM by HB_KeithC »

Thrangar

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 03:59:39 PM »
Ok in the spirit of the OP's request lets get rid of the colored boxes that float with the ghost players and just let their ball be shown, maybe a mouse over if we really need to know whose ball is where.
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 04:49:34 PM »
op you lost me at realistic lol...TGC is fun but it's far from realistic...if you can pitch and flop as easy in real life as you can here then you would be world number 1

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 05:29:33 PM »
op you lost me at realistic lol...TGC is fun but it's far from realistic...if you can pitch and flop as easy in real life as you can here then you would be world number 1

I'm sure he's not worrying about losing you man,   he has his own opinions on what realism is.....      Dogz,  you believe that PG is the most realistic Golf Game which is fine
so why don't we encourage the OP to go play PG and give his HIS opinion on the realism factor with that particular game..  That might be fun,  would love to see if he bows to the alter..
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2015, 06:36:29 PM »
John there is no doubting PG's realism, i've played golf to a decent standard for 25 years and can safely judge without hesitation, sorry man but you cannot be a real life golfer, if you were you would know...simple!

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2015, 08:42:01 PM »
With TGC being the most realistic golf game on ANY platform ever..

You lost me there.....I can think of others more realistic. TGC does well for what it is trying to do, but a simulation it is not, IMO. And that is just the issue....what you think constitutes a "simulation" and what I think it constitutes are different. "Most realistic on ANY platform ever"? No. Good, but no.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2015, 09:29:52 PM »
What you guys fail to realize Is everyone has a different opinion on what realism is to them.... I know several golfers who have played perfect golf who don't think it's very realistic... in fact they like TGC better...  I don't fault you for saying that perfect golf is more realistic but you can't fault me for saying it's not ...  and if you do you really shouldnt.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

space-cash