AMD Issues Have Peaked

• 40 Replies

Dusty Roads

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2015, 11:23:56 PM »
What Boom Boom said ....  ;)

Stained

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2015, 07:37:07 PM »
I agree with Boom Boom.
I play this game game from day 1 early acces and play every day. There where no problems in the beginning on my AMD Phenom II with a AMD HD6970, playing 64 bit on medium settings. After buying Intel I5 with AMD R9 280X i thought i could play on full settings, but no way, needed to switch back to 32 bit and medium settings, so wtf.....
Also look at the respons from HBS on Nvidia problems and AMD problems. The only respons on AMD problems is "we're working on this"......
How long will it take when we see at start "Nvidia only"

This is by far the best golf game there i played, so HBS do something about this AMD issue, there are more people using this card.

Pubknight

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2015, 10:26:27 AM »
The PS4 has an AMD CPU/GPU combo, and it runs the game reasonably well all things considered... given that the game is a bit of a performance hog even on the best of the best systems.

That alone would tend to point to drivers as the primary 'pc problem' culprit.

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2015, 10:41:06 AM »
The PS4 has an AMD CPU/GPU combo, and it runs the game reasonably well all things considered... given that the game is a bit of a performance hog even on the best of the best systems.

That alone would tend to point to drivers as the primary 'pc problem' culprit.

Exactly - if AMD is unwilling to work with HB to resolve the issue how exactly can HB solve the issue?

They can't. 

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

Dusty Roads

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2015, 01:45:14 PM »
Which Nvidia cards run this game on highest settings, flawlessly?

Pubknight

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2015, 01:58:53 PM »

I've got a Geforce GTX 970 that runs it pretty well.
1080p resolution, object detail 3-4.
Heaviest load courses, I'm 45fps.
Otherwise I'm capped out at my adaptive vsync 60fps.

I still get the feeling it should run better... but that comes down to programming and the engine.

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2015, 02:57:21 PM »

I've got a Geforce GTX 970 that runs it pretty well.
1080p resolution, object detail 3-4.
Heaviest load courses, I'm 45fps.
Otherwise I'm capped out at my adaptive vsync 60fps.

I still get the feeling it should run better... but that comes down to programming and the engine.

same here and same response

My rig is chugging on Scottsdale - not sure if I just need to reboot it or not amd am gonna try that.  Normally the 970 runs it like a top!
Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

jitter1127

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2015, 08:23:50 PM »
I have an AMD R9 270x and have had very little troubles.  I think the game has  frozen up once on me, and at one point I would have flickering textures (those went away).  I would highly recommend a full uninstall of the AMD drivers using DDU (display driver uninstaller) it will clear out a lot of things that the CCC or Crimson uninstaller leaves behind.  Just be sure to follow the directions and run it in safe mode after doing the uninstall with CCC or Crimson uninstaller.

Dusty Roads

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2015, 08:44:03 PM »
Crimson drivers have to many other problems for games I own or the grandkids play

jitter1127

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2015, 11:38:12 PM »
What games?  I play black ops iii,  cs:go,  elder scrolls online,  wildstar,  devilian,  dead rising iii, sims 4, witcher iii,  tgc,  perfect golf,  etc etc... I have not had any problems with Crimson drivers yet

Dusty Roads

« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2015, 08:00:37 AM »
Jitter I have the R9 380 and Fallout 4 and Ass Creed Syndicate crash/freeze up regularly with Crimson drivers. Heck, if you read the crap that comes with the drivers, both of those games will crash at different settings. Play a alot of FPS and have to lower settings in most.

Many other people have complained that the drivers have ruined their cards, so I tend to stay away from potential problems like that.

Having said that...what are your settings for TGC. All settings by number if you will. Just putting the game on high isn't enough, what settings in the settings tabs do you use.

On a better note, I have a gaming mouse I tried on TGC and I can actually play the game on high...medium type settings in the tabs. By play, I mean I can actually get full swings where as with my trackball, I believe the DPI settings (only one) limited game play for me.

I actually enjoy playing now (been designing in the mean time) although my putting totally stinks as now I have to relearn hand movement.

space-cash