New patch and mouse swing

• 304 Replies

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #195 on: September 21, 2015, 11:27:11 PM »
Not possible to macro a three click swing?  I think you completely underestimate the software out there for gaming mice.  I not only could macro it, but it would probably take me less than 5 minutes to do it.  The most lengthy process is finding the proper delay needed for every right click.  All i would have to do is click once and it would run a script to repeat L-click in .358 sec, repeat click in .42 sec.  Or however much time is needed .

On top of that I could then to macros on 90% swing, 80% swings. I could macro a 5 foot putt, 10 foot putt, 15 foot putt, ect.

It is FAR FAR FAR easier to do it now than it was back in Microsoft links as you had to code it yourself, now there is software that you can record on the fly.  Actually thinking the best way to do it is hit record, try to make a perfect swing, if you do.. bam.. you have recorded that macro, no adjustment needed.

You say you could do it, but have you done it? This is exactly the type of software I tested, both setting delays to 3 decimal places and recording the macros in real time, but when you run them in games like Links they do not give you the accurate results that you would expect them to. I was surprised to find the results to be useless when I tested them.

With Links no, with EQ 2 yes. Hardware memory is the key.

All that being said, I think it is fair to say that if someone wants to cheat, a way can be found, regardless of swing type.

I go back to my original point, the purpose of this thread was to talk about the mouse swing that is currently IN Game.  Can we get back on topic please? :)  You want to talk about 3 click please go to another topic or start your own.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 11:34:08 PM by Brighttail »

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #196 on: September 22, 2015, 12:36:45 AM »
Thankfully HB has stated with no reservation that there will NEVER be a 3 click swing in TGC.  They want a golf game that simulates real golf.  There are no three click swings in real golf :)

Yet they are taking it further and further away from simulating real golf - happily cheered on by the arcade crowd.

Current game is like a swing robot playing golf with divine assistance on the greens.

Simulating golf is about producing similar statistics as real golf for the top players on realistic courses when it comes to FIR,GIR, distance from hole on approach shots and putts made.  Then taper off the difficulty for lesser skilled players so they can still enjoy the game. Best way to smooth this is different difficulty levels.

HB is failing miserably at simulating golf. Playing with all assists off has been not too bad - but I'm worried that they now made the swing completely automatic and effectively removed putting and rough play from the game.

Saying that flicking a controller-stick an inch or so or pulling/pushing a mouse a couple inches somehow "simulates" golf better than 3click is just wrong. It's all about the results like above and no input method is better than another. All personal preference. I prefer the controller swing - but it should not be trivial.

Well implemented 3 click (PG comes to mind) is actually quite good at producing realistic distance and side to side variation. But they are all equally separated from an actual golf swing.

Based on their interactions with the community and actions - I doubt that HB knows enough about the game of golf to simulate it.

Oh - sorry for the off topic -  BT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #197 on: September 22, 2015, 12:43:55 AM »
Beg you pardon?
What is the differenct between adjusting the mouse to your personal needs and fitting golf clubs to your swing and body irl?

lol

because making irons 2 degrees upright isn't reverse engineering the intended way to play the game?

Please don't try to debate me you once told me it was acceptable to have par 4's that weren't reachable in two.  I desire no give and take with you.

And I'm not talking about someone tweaking the settings to make the game playable I'm talking about the people killing an axis and making the swing only take a few mm's to get 100%
Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #198 on: September 22, 2015, 12:44:51 AM »
I`d have to disagree with that thought ADX. If I did not adjust my sensitivity in control panel - I clearly could not play this game. Why - because I could spend literally a full minute trying to make one shot as the avatar takes it back and then returns to address. same on fairway and most of all can barely play on green as it continually will come back to address. When first played this game a year ago everything was fine - but as they continue to make changes, I need to make changes to still be able to play. When I do find a setting that works I go with that. My golf scores show no reflection that I have found a way to have top scores in this game. Average is around 71-72. If I left my original settings alone - I believe I would be 100 or more. Would not be enjoyable.  :)

I'm not talking about you I'm talking about people tweaking for an advantage... of which there are plenty

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #199 on: September 22, 2015, 01:20:28 AM »

Beg you pardon?
What is the differenct between adjusting the mouse to your personal needs and fitting golf clubs to your swing and body irl?

lol

because making irons 2 degrees upright isn't reverse engineering the intended way to play the game?

Please don't try to debate me you once told me it was acceptable to have par 4's that weren't reachable in two.  I desire no give and take with you.

And I'm not talking about someone tweaking the settings to make the game playable I'm talking about the people killing an axis and making the swing only take a few mm's to get 100%

Isn't auto 100% and straight the new swing for everyone?

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #200 on: September 22, 2015, 09:06:12 AM »

Beg you pardon?

lol

I must have a different version of the game all my shots have some bend to em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

TDuke

« Reply #201 on: September 22, 2015, 09:43:12 AM »

Yes I have the same feeling about it...  :( 
Last patch is a couple of steps behind so far, at least for me.

Leadbelly

« Reply #202 on: September 22, 2015, 02:10:43 PM »
Well they tweaked the swing again, seems fine to me. Its much slower now, somewhere in the neighborhood of 20% slower I would say give or take.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 02:24:46 PM by Leadbelly »

HB_MattL

« Reply #203 on: September 22, 2015, 03:26:43 PM »
Another update guys. So we have just pushed Live some tweaks to the backswing for PC Mouse. Including adjustments to the chip.

To confirm, yes 800 DPI is our standard and is one of the most commonly used settings among consumers. So it is somewhat of a yardstick for us when balancing gameplay across several different spec machines.

We have tested these gameplay changes with many different mouse DPI settings. We recommend playing TGC with a mouse DPI setting in the range of 800-2000 DPI. And this is with windows mouse Pointer Speed set to default (middle notch - default) and Enhanced pointer precision left ON (default).

As your DPI gets higher, as many of you know already, there is the increased need to lower the Mouse Sensitivity in TGC's settings via the pause menu to offset the increased sensitivity of the higher DPI.

Examples...
@ 800 DPI the default setting of 49 was just about spot on.
@ 1200 DPI the sensitivity setting was good at about ~35.
@ 1600 DPI the sensitivity setting was good at about ~30.
@ 2000 DPI the sensitivity setting was good at about ~15-20.

You will find of course you may need to tune your sensitivity setting to your own tastes as different mouse models may give marginally different results even when at same DPI setting.

As mouse DPI gets higher into the 2000s and 3000s, TGC's sensitivity setting you will find is not enough to offset the increased sensitivity introduced by playing with a mouse set at these much higher DPI's. Hence you may need to also decrease the windows mouse Pointer Speed via Control Panel.

Here is an example...

@ 3600 DPI, with windows mouse Pointer Speed set to 1st notch (slow), and TGC's in-game mouse sensitivity setting at ~8. This feels just about right.

However, as you set your mouse to higher DPI's beyond this, it becomes increasingly more difficult to manage a fluid swing rhythm as the sensitivity is so high.

What occurs is that as the mouse DPI gets higher and higher, not only does the backswing get hyper-sensitive but you are also having to compensate for the increased sensitivity by needing to accelerate your forward swing faster and faster. Lowering the TGC in-game sensitivity setting also has a similar affect as it reduces the overall sensitivity of the swing mechanic (back and forward) and hence requires you to swing forward slightly faster the more its reduced, (sometimes you won't even notice this)  but the more drastic a change to DPI or sensitivity setting this becomes more apparent.

So all in all, for optimal gameplay experience we recommend keeping your mouse DPI setting where possible to lower limits if you are experiencing issues with over-sensitivity of the mouse when taking your swings in TGC. And/Or experimenting with a combination of adjustments to lower your windows mouse Pointer Speed and lowering the TGC in-game sensitivity setting, until you find what is right for you.

All up we hope we have reached an improved balance for all PC mouse users regardless of their machine specs and mouse hardware with the latest adjustments to the Mouse swing mechanics. But please keep in mind the recommendations on mouse settings and make adjustments to optimize your gameplay experience.

Enjoy!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 03:53:57 PM by HB_MattL »

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #204 on: September 22, 2015, 03:44:33 PM »
Did you tweak it for gamepad at all?

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

HB_MattL

« Reply #205 on: September 22, 2015, 03:55:58 PM »
PC Mouse for now. Controller-specific adjustments for chip coming shortly though. As in today.

fuzion

• GroupMember
« Reply #206 on: September 22, 2015, 03:56:20 PM »
Will stream my thoughts on the latest update @ http://www.twitch.tv/fuzionq

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #207 on: September 22, 2015, 03:57:16 PM »
PC Mouse for now. Controller-specific adjustments for chip coming shortly though. As in today.

You are my favorite HB'r!

Paul is so last month!

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

Stan Solo

« Reply #208 on: September 22, 2015, 04:29:11 PM »
That's because Paul has left the office until Friday.....talk about revolving doors

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #209 on: September 22, 2015, 06:00:07 PM »
Played four rounds in the tournament today since I'm having a bit of a surgery on Thursday.  I would say 90% there for the tweaks for me.  800DPI 49% as suggested seems great for most shots.  Pitching however i had 4 or 5 shots of about 80%. The only way to counter this is pull the swing until it is fully back, pause and hit the ball.. seems off but doable.

Putting is much better.  I think it will take some time and tweaking my own to find a good mix for a fluid swing.  I was still putting many times like the previous patch of pulling it back slowly and then hitting forward when it reached a spot i thought would be enough power. 

If HB left it as is right now with no further tweaks I think it would be doable and will take a lot of practice to make the swing my own again.  Still a little concern about the pitch, it just seems like it is a different tempo than the regular swing so you just have to make sure you are at full power before swinging.

One question about flopping.. did you all make adjustments to the distances? Just curious as I found I have to give it a little more UMPH if i'm shooting under 30 yards for  LW, like 22yards.  I kept coming up short.

Thanks guys.

space-cash