Putting and lip outs

• 52 Replies

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« on: October 13, 2015, 01:51:34 PM »
Within the last patch, maybe two, it seems that putting has changed a bit.  Specifically I'm getting a LOT more lip outs.  I have had balls that don't seem to be traveling very fast go right over the middle of the hole. 

It is hard to quantify but in taking a quick poll of several golfers that play regularly, we have all seen this.

Just wondering if this was changed recently?

leslie.sangster

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 02:06:41 PM »
I had four from about 5 feet go right over the middle of the hole in my last two rounds and they weren't travelling that fast

Sent from my iPad

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 04:20:18 PM »
Imho the cups physics is still not correct. I often encounter 2 wierd behaviours.
a) hitting the ball center hole it sometimes seems to accelerate on the front edge and jump over the hole or rebounce at the backside and drop, but only at random.
b) hitting the sideedge of the cup it sometimes bounces off to the outside, wich phyiscally simply is impossible. Other times it bounces off and then comes back even takes a jump over the edge.
I have no clue if othere see this as well, but it happens quit frequently on my screen.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

Henry Hatch

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 06:44:39 AM »
I have seen my ball jump over the center of the hole when it appeared to be traveling with some speed but not  excessive like one would do when trying to power through a break.

smurfblade1988

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 09:46:40 AM »
Within the last patch, maybe two, it seems that putting has changed a bit.  Specifically I'm getting a LOT more lip outs.  I have had balls that don't seem to be traveling very fast go right over the middle of the hole. 

It is hard to quantify but in taking a quick poll of several golfers that play regularly, we have all seen this.

Putting has definetly changed Ron. Im sure its been deliberately done to combat scores going too low.

The amount of putts that pop over the hole now is disgraceful.

And as per the norm we hear diddly squat about it from the devs. The game is starting to go to the dogs tbh.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 09:53:00 AM »
I'm not sure it is going to the dogs, but one would think if you are going to make a change like this then you should request feedback from the users. I fully understand the reason to make the game more difficult or realistic, but like the mouse swing recently, changes often need tweaks.  I think this is something that needs a bit of tweaking.

HunterofVeritas

• I slice 95% of my hooks.
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 09:57:58 AM »
Imho the cups physics is still not correct. I often encounter 2 wierd behaviours.
a) hitting the ball center hole it sometimes seems to accelerate on the front edge and jump over the hole or rebounce at the backside and drop, but only at random.
b) hitting the sideedge of the cup it sometimes bounces off to the outside, wich phyiscally simply is impossible. Other times it bounces off and then comes back even takes a jump over the edge.
I have no clue if othere see this as well, but it happens quit frequently on my screen.

This happens to me often.  I've pointed it out to several of our club members mid-round. 

smurfblade1988

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 10:14:10 AM »
I'm not sure it is going to the dogs, but one would think if you are going to make a change like this then you should request feedback from the users. I fully understand the reason to make the game more difficult or realistic, but like the mouse swing recently, changes often need tweaks.  I think this is something that needs a bit of tweaking.

In my opinion it is goin to the dogs...

Ball squirt (and its severity) is cancerous to the competitive side of the game.

Putting is now ridiculous as we hav stated above.

The green grid is in rag order.

Msg centre has never worked.

Balls are hitting invisible trees lately.

Every time theres a fundamental change to how the game plays the HB QnA streams go missing (Anthony). Coincedence?

We still dont hav more game modes.

If it wasn for TGCTours id be long gone.

Many of my friends hav recently switched to RM Golf cz its only €25 in ps store and in d nxt update they get new courses and all the game modes you'd expect in a golf game.

My patience is wearing thin wit TGC. Anthony said to giv him time so i will. I'll wait n see what d next update brings but tat update will be make or break for me.

Ram DCFC

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 10:38:14 AM »
The green grid is not picking up some of the breaks for me, i will watch a straight putt slide by the hole. Then when im over the other side putting back , the grid shows there was a decent break over there,

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 10:42:34 AM »
The moving grid lines is an "estimation" of the whole grid.  So if you are in a valley where you have grid lines moving towards you on either side, the grid you are putting down may have fast moving lines but the actual break may be small.  I see this happen often when your putting line is close to the edge of a hill, in a valley or at the top of a hill.   Basically you need to learn at the breaks on both sides of the putting grid. Often times if they are moving in opposite directions there won't be as much break as shown AND if one side is moving blazing fast and the other side is moving in the same direction but much slower, then your putt is going to be somewhere in the middle of those two.

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 10:51:20 AM »

This happens to me often.  I've pointed it out to several of our club members mid-round.
I ovserve this behaviour since the white area inside the cup has been lifted to allow better view of the hole. This indicates that the cup's physics are connected to this inner "cup-tube" and still are based on a non-matching physical model for the cups edge.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

HunterofVeritas

• I slice 95% of my hooks.
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 10:56:29 AM »
That makes sense.  I understand this could be the case if they have raised the cup.  Have they actually done that? 

If you can't see the cup edge, change your camera, right?

Sometimes when you put on an actual green, the cup is hard to see.  Tough, I say. 

Anyway, thanks for the input if this is the case.  If it is, then the ball is probably "ramping" the center of the cup and clearing it for the very same reason.  That needs to be corrected back to original immediately if so.  My opinion is not being able to see the cup well is trivial when compared to jacked ball physics at the cup. 

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2015, 11:18:27 AM »
I have actually seen the cup disappear, which is weird. Not sure if it a just a graphical bug or if the hole just isn't there from that angle.

Pubknight

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2015, 08:22:50 PM »
This isn't a putt, but I think it illustrates Brighttail's point.
There is just no way this shot shouldn't drop.
It does not hit the flag.
The hole causes it to change direction.
It's not going too fast... it barely makes it to the hole.

It's just wrong.
I realize threads like this can sound like 'having a bad day' complaints... that's why I thought video evidence is the way to get the point across:
https://youtu.be/_UaGYJmG8AY

Something's off folks.
Had this happen constantly with putts lately as well.

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2015, 09:19:31 PM »

Putting has definetly changed Ron. Im sure its been deliberately done to combat scores going too low.

The amount of putts that pop over the hole now is disgraceful.

And as per the norm we hear diddly squat about it from the devs. The game is starting to go to the dogs tbh.

Hahaha seriously?
I spoke to you personally about the issue on PM yesterday, so why are saying we're being quiet about it. And also saying it's the norm is a little harsh. We're very responsive. But apart from Keith our number 1 priorities are making the game so that means we don't often get the chance to always answer. That's why now, on my Friday evening, I'm replying now.

So I'll check, just to make sure, but nothing at all has changed with putting or the hole or anything. All we've done is paint the inside of the cup to make it more visible.

But I'll check as I said, but I'm 99.9% sure nothing has

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

space-cash