Putting and lip outs

• 52 Replies

smurfblade1988

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2015, 09:40:49 PM »

Within the last patch, maybe two, it seems that putting has changed a bit.  Specifically I'm getting a LOT more lip outs.  I have had balls that don't seem to be traveling very fast go right over the middle of the hole. 

It is hard to quantify but in taking a quick poll of several golfers that play regularly, we have all seen this.

Just wondering if this was changed recently?
Putting has definetly changed Ron. Im sure its been deliberately done to combat scores going too low.

The amount of putts that pop over the hole now is disgraceful.

And as per the norm we hear diddly squat about it from the devs. The game is starting to go to the dogs tbh.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk
Hahaha seriously?
I spoke to you personally about the issue on PM yesterday, so why are saying we're being quiet about it. And also saying it's the norm is a little harsh. We're very responsive. But apart from Keith our number 1 priorities are making the game so that means we don't often get the chance to always answer. That's why now, on my Friday evening, I'm replying now.

So I'll check, just to make sure, but nothing at all has changed with putting or the hole or anything. All we've done is paint the inside of the cup to make it more visible.

But I'll check as I said, but I'm 99.9% sure nothing has

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yes we did speak on PM Anthony, but to me tat doesn count as HB speaking about or addressing an issue (publicly). This has been an issue since the last update and there has been numerous posts about it both here and on TGCT forums. Iv seen 0 responses on here from anyone at HB on the issue so i think sayin HB has been quiet on the issue is fair.

Me sayin its the norm is based on things like the HB QnA livestream goin missing whenever there is a "controversial" issue with the game. There is of course the possibilty its just a coincidence .

Alot of people i play TGC with are losing patience with the game and either have or are considering moving to the RM game and i understand why, the game is incredibly frustrating lately especially in the competitive scene.

There jus seems to be too much BS (not ball squirt exclusively) happenin lately so much so im considering taking an extended break from the game. I know youv said before to give you time to get the game to where u want it, while i (maybe not others) will wait to see what happens next update i am very disappointed with all of what i and others wud consider bugs and BS happenin lately.

The fact that you seem to be oblivious to these issue i also find quiet worrying.

Pubknight

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2015, 09:52:11 PM »
So I'll check, just to make sure, but nothing at all has changed with putting or the hole or anything. All we've done is paint the inside of the cup to make it more visible.

Is there any chance the painting of the cup has created a texture or something that could cause collision with the ball?
In real world golf terms Anthony, what it reminds me of is when a cup hasn't been fully set into the ground.

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2015, 10:04:02 PM »

Within the last patch, maybe two, it seems that putting has changed a bit.  Specifically I'm getting a LOT more lip outs.  I have had balls that don't seem to be traveling very fast go right over the middle of the hole. 

It is hard to quantify but in taking a quick poll of several golfers that play regularly, we have all seen this.

Putting has definetly changed Ron. Im sure its been deliberately done to combat scores going too low.

And as per the norm we hear diddly squat about it from the devs. The game is starting to go to the dogs tbh.

Hahaha seriously?
I spoke to you personally about the issue on PM yesterday, so why are saying we're being quiet about it. And also saying it's the norm is a little harsh. We're very responsive. But apart from Keith our number 1 priorities are making the game so that means we don't often get the chance to always answer. That's why now, on my Friday evening, I'm replying now.

Yes we did speak on PM Anthony, but to me tat doesn count as HB speaking about or addressing an issue (publicly). This has been an issue since the last update and there has been numerous posts about it both here and on TGCT forums. Iv seen 0 responses on here from anyone at HB on the issue so i think sayin HB has been quiet on the issue is fair.

Me sayin its the norm is based on things like the HB QnA livestream goin missing whenever there is a "controversial" issue with the game. There is of course the possibilty its just a coincidence .

Alot of people i play TGC with are losing patience with the game and either have or are considering moving to the RM game and i understand why, the game is incredibly frustrating lately especially in the competitive scene.

There jus seems to be too much BS (not ball squirt exclusively) happenin lately so much so im considering taking an extended break from the game. I know youv said before to give you time to get the game to where u want it, while i (maybe not others) will wait to see what happens next update i am very disappointed with all of what i and others wud consider bugs and BS happenin lately.

The fact that you seem to be oblivious to these issue i also find quiet worrying.

We're not disappearing. I run the whole game! It's a beast. It entails a huge amount of things. Primarily I'm a game developer, that's my skill. But I do much more besides. One of which is talk to the community. Sometimes, like the last week and a half I was out of the office travelling around the US for meetings. So I didn't have time between writing presentations, meeting and presenting those presentations and sitting on flights.
I'm not hiding from the problem, I actually wasn't online. What other developer would ever respond let alone within a week

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2015, 10:05:47 PM »

Is there any chance the painting of the cup has created a texture or something that could cause collision with the ball?
In real world golf terms Anthony, what it reminds me of is when a cup hasn't been fully set into the ground.
That's what I'm going to check. But talking to Jim he said he didn't think so. He just changed the texture behind the scenes. So there was no need to touch the cup. Strange things can sometimes happen so that's what we're going to look at

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2015, 10:10:39 PM »
Hey Anthony,

If you haven't touched the cup I'm wondering if it has something to do with the contours of the green. I've noticed it happening more on sloped putts.  From side to side a ball can run over an edge as if it isn't even there.  On a straight uphill down hill putt the ball can go over the center as if it isn't there.  Normally if you hit the ball too hard and it goes over the cup, the ball will give a little hop.  If it goes over an edge the ball will redirect.  In the circumstances that I'm talking about, the ball doesn't react at all. It is literally as if the hole is not there.

Thanks

smurfblade1988

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2015, 10:11:05 PM »

Hahaha seriously?

We're not disappearing. I run the whole game! It's a beast. It entails a huge amount of things. Primarily I'm a game developer, that's my skill. But I do much more besides. One of which is talk to the community. Sometimes, like the last week and a half I was out of the office travelling around the US for meetings. So I didn't have time between writing presentations, meeting and presenting those presentations and sitting on flights.
I'm not hiding from the problem, I actually wasn't online. What other developer would ever respond let alone within a week

I general i agree, you have been forthcoming on the forums. I suppose we hav been quite lucky to hav so many opportunities to hav questions answered on weekly basis that its now expected to be the norm.

smurfblade1988

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2015, 08:05:00 AM »
I'm not sure it is going to the dogs, but one would think if you are going to make a change like this then you should request feedback from the users. I fully understand the reason to make the game more difficult or realistic, but like the mouse swing recently, changes often need tweaks.  I think this is something that needs a bit of tweaking.

In my opinion it is goin to the dogs...

Ball squirt (and its severity) is cancerous to the competitive side of the game.

Putting is now ridiculous as we hav stated above.

The green grid is in rag order.

Msg centre has never worked.

Balls are hitting invisible trees lately.

Every time theres a fundamental change to how the game plays the HB QnA streams go missing (Anthony). Coincedence?

We still dont hav more game modes.

If it wasn for TGCTours id be long gone.

Many of my friends hav recently switched to RM Golf cz its only €25 in ps store and in d nxt update they get new courses and all the game modes you'd expect in a golf game.

My patience is wearing thin wit TGC. Anthony said to giv him time so i will. I'll wait n see what d next update brings but tat update will be make or break for me.

I can now add ghost balls to the above list of things in rag order.

They no longer go where they wer actually hit as the wind for the live ball is effecting the ghost ball. (Ghosts from tourny rnds).

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2015, 12:25:00 PM »
Actually he is right about the ghost balls.  My friend had just played a round and I hopped on to play and followed his ghost ball.  On just about every shot, he was in the bunker off the green and then suddenly in on a birdie.  I talked with him via chat and would ask, "You in the bunker on 3?" Nope straight down the fairway.  "Are you off the green on four?"   Nope.  I would go to putt and suddenly his ball would appear 3 feet from the cup and it would go in, but I had seen it go over the green before.

wassup wif this?

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2015, 01:54:17 PM »
Totally agree with all the above,putting is a lottery,if its downhill,pick ur line & pray its right or u are off the green.

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2015, 03:49:49 PM »
Here is an example of some of the weirdness.

In this video, the ball rolls along the right lip and gets redirected to the left. It looks like it goes over the back lip of the hole and suddenly is moving right again.  Normally this would have continued along the line it was going after it was first redirected or spin around the back of the hole and exit to the left of the hole. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woq8h6h6NmU

Very very odd.

HunterofVeritas

• I slice 95% of my hooks.
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2015, 08:00:50 PM »
Here is an example of some of the weirdness.

In this video, the ball rolls along the right lip and gets redirected to the left. It looks like it goes over the back lip of the hole and suddenly is moving right again.  Normally this would have continued along the line it was going after it was first redirected or spin around the back of the hole and exit to the left of the hole. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woq8h6h6NmU
Very very odd.

I've a video of precisely the same behavior.  It's not on YouTube, but if it helps someone, I can attempt to upload it.

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2015, 08:15:37 PM »
Sure upload it.  HB should see these things because they are apparently didn't know about this issue that has cropped up since last patch, so anything that helps them see it should help for future patches.

drivert

• GroupMember
  • XBOX GT is mariner175
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2015, 09:49:50 PM »
RM threats are pretty hollow and really kind of childish IMO.

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2015, 09:58:59 PM »
There is nothing in my post that is an RM threat.  It is simply stating that when I started this thread, HB wasn't aware that there was a problem.  Like every other time that there has been an issue in the past, HB need input and data.  If one person is having an issue, then it probably isn't an issue, but the more people that share their experiences, then it quickly becomes evident that it may be a problem.  Providing video evidence, further helps the developers understand what we are talking about because as they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words."  By showing them in a video what we are experiencing, hopefully the developers can better understand what we are going through.

So no threat here, just stating the facts, which while it may be obvious to same, it is not to all apparently.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2015, 09:59:31 PM »
RM threats are pretty hollow and really kind of childish IMO.

Huh?
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

space-cash