Putting and lip outs

• 52 Replies

drivert

• GroupMember
  • XBOX GT is mariner175
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2015, 10:45:13 PM »
That was directed at this post

Within the last patch, maybe two, it seems that putting has changed a bit.  Specifically I'm getting a LOT more lip outs.  I have had balls that don't seem to be traveling very fast go right over the middle of the hole. 

It is hard to quantify but in taking a quick poll of several golfers that play regularly, we have all seen this.

Just wondering if this was changed recently?
Putting has definetly changed Ron. Im sure its been deliberately done to combat scores going too low.

The amount of putts that pop over the hole now is disgraceful.

And as per the norm we hear diddly squat about it from the devs. The game is starting to go to the dogs tbh.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk
Hahaha seriously?
I spoke to you personally about the issue on PM yesterday, so why are saying we're being quiet about it. And also saying it's the norm is a little harsh. We're very responsive. But apart from Keith our number 1 priorities are making the game so that means we don't often get the chance to always answer. That's why now, on my Friday evening, I'm replying now.

So I'll check, just to make sure, but nothing at all has changed with putting or the hole or anything. All we've done is paint the inside of the cup to make it more visible.

But I'll check as I said, but I'm 99.9% sure nothing has

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yes we did speak on PM Anthony, but to me tat doesn count as HB speaking about or addressing an issue (publicly). This has been an issue since the last update and there has been numerous posts about it both here and on TGCT forums. Iv seen 0 responses on here from anyone at HB on the issue so i think sayin HB has been quiet on the issue is fair.

Me sayin its the norm is based on things like the HB QnA livestream goin missing whenever there is a "controversial" issue with the game. There is of course the possibilty its just a coincidence .

Alot of people i play TGC with are losing patience with the game and either have or are considering moving to the RM game and i understand why, the game is incredibly frustrating lately especially in the competitive scene.

There jus seems to be too much BS (not ball squirt exclusively) happenin lately so much so im considering taking an extended break from the game. I know youv said before to give you time to get the game to where u want it, while i (maybe not others) will wait to see what happens next update i am very disappointed with all of what i and others wud consider bugs and BS happenin lately.

The fact that you seem to be oblivious to these issue i also find quiet worrying.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2015, 11:21:23 PM »
It helps when you quote the post(s) you are referring to.....
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2015, 11:58:47 PM »
So I'll check, just to make sure, but nothing at all has changed with putting or the hole or anything. All we've done is paint the inside of the cup to make it more visible.

But I'll check as I said, but I'm 99.9% sure nothing has

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Is there any chance the painting of the cup has created a texture or something that could cause collision with the ball?
In real world golf terms Anthony, what it reminds me of is when a cup hasn't been fully set into the ground.
That's what I'm going to check. But talking to Jim he said he didn't think so. He just changed the texture behind the scenes. So there was no need to touch the cup. Strange things can sometimes happen so that's what we're going to look at

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Great! If you can find a way to keep the slightly lower make percentage that would be great as putting in terms of how hard it is to make the putt is the best it's been. If we can get the lip outs a bit more realistic we are golden. In most of the videos showing the issue the putts are rammed. IRL you can ram putts, but you have to be dead center cup to do so. Game is not far off now, and it's great if this "ram it in to take out the break" method can be curtailed as it is just not that effective in golf.

Also - I think its fantastic with the community involvement form HB and that you take the time to partake in many discussions here. However - I see, from my point of view, that it's usually "the game is ****, completely random, can't birdie every hole, wah wah, don't want to play" bull**** that triggers posts from you. This will make the forum behave in a certain way as a whole, as that is what gets attention. Just from my point of view.

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I'm watchin' you.
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2015, 09:39:29 PM »
Hey, this is so simple...........just use the Scotty Cameron that you have in your bag.......IT, works in RL......Right???  YEA, right.... ::)

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2015, 10:40:52 PM »
The videos I have shown yes are a bit hard, which is fine and the ball should not go in the hole, but it is the reaction to the hole that has me worried.

Also when balls aren't rammed, and the ball goes over the center of the hole, the ball should at least hop if it hits the back of the cup.  When a ball goes over the cup unless it is flying over it, physics says the ball has to start descending into the hole, even a little bit. Which means its contact point with the ground is lower than the back of the cup so it has to hit the back lip.   

Personally i think there is something wrong with the physics in this game in certain areas.  As stated I have putted where the ball just goes over the center of the hole as if it isn't even there.  No hop, no bump, no change of speed or direction.  That shouldn't happen.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2015, 01:39:10 AM »
Fully agree that something is wrong with the cup - BT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DDawg

• My Byte is worse than my Bark ...
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2015, 03:22:41 AM »
It's too small. .. lol
My most recent course

The Links @ Hylandia #2

El Dorado Hills 95762
Calaveras Willow Oak
San Simoleon

My System:
Asus TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING MB w/32MB
Intel i9-9900KF 3600 MHz
NVidia/Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
MSI Optix MAG321CURV Curved Gaming Monitor

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2015, 10:04:06 PM »
Okay Anthony, Keith and everyone else at HB.

I just had something happen that has never happened before.  I was making this putt on Timberlake and i watched it roll into the cup.  I was expecting the scorecard when the next thing I see is that I apparently have missed it and have to putt for par again.

There is something extremely wrong with putting and I would be glad to help with any other data I can bring up, but this type of thing can't happen when a birdie putt that goes in ends up being a par putt.

I didn't have the video going through the round, but if you see the replay shows the ball went in and when I exited the reply that is what putt i was left after it went into the hole.

I would appreciate some sort of update, acknowledgement that someone is looking into this. Please!! :) :)

Here's the video:  https://youtu.be/Dq4OJTsyx0U
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:13:46 PM by Brighttail »

smurfblade1988

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2015, 10:24:09 PM »
Okay Anthony, Keith and everyone else at HB.

I just had something happen that has never happened before.  I was making this putt on Timberlake and i watched it roll into the cup.  I was expecting the scorecard when the next thing I see is that I apparently have missed it and have to putt for par again.

There is something extremely wrong with putting and I would be glad to help with any other data I can bring up, but this type of thing can't happen when a birdie putt that goes in ends up being a par putt.

I didn't have the video going through the round, but if you see the replay shows the ball went in and when I exited the reply that is what putt i was left after it went into the hole.

I would appreciate some sort of update, acknowledgement that someone is looking into this. Please!! :) :)

Here's the video:  https://youtu.be/Dq4OJTsyx0U
Im not surprised. Did it go in live aswel as the replay?

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2015, 10:49:23 PM »
Yes, that is my point.  It was in the hole live and I was stunned when it didn't go in.  I then loaded up the video recording software and replayed it to show how it went in live and the result.

First time this has happened.  If I was playing in a tournament I would probably be furious, but I think it is obvious that there is something not right with putting and has been this way since last patch, which was the whole point of this post. :(

I'm just trying to help the development team by showing stuff is happening.

If they want to pull up the data from this round, I uploaded the video immediately after the shot.  It took 15 minutes to upload so:

- Round was on Timberland Golf and Country club (Thursday)
- Hole was 16
- Happened around 9:45 PM EST

Feel free to pull up the data.

smurfblade1988

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2015, 10:57:10 PM »
Yes, that is my point.  It was in the hole live and I was stunned when it didn't go in.  I then loaded up the video recording software and replayed it to show how it went in live and the result.

First time this has happened.  If I was playing in a tournament I would probably be furious, but I think it is obvious that there is something not right with putting and has been this way since last patch, which was the whole point of this post. :(

I'm just trying to help the development team by showing stuff is happening.

If they want to pull up the data from this round, I uploaded the video immediately after the shot.  It took 15 minutes to upload so:

- Round was on Timberland Golf and Country club (Thursday)
- Hole was 16
- Happened around 9:45 PM EST

Feel free to pull up the data.
Ye theres defo something up. I mentioned it to Anthony a few days back. Id be interested to see if theyv found a bug on their end.

Leadbelly

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2015, 11:09:14 PM »
You boys sure do have your share of problems, I must say. That is one I have never seen before its never happened to me, but there it is in the video. I hope they fix it for you.

BoomBoom

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2015, 11:28:31 PM »
Pretty much same thing happened to me, I never seen a putt miss and sit on the lip at 1 inch before, certainly not from 30 feet, loaded up replay and it showed it went in.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2015, 04:05:49 PM »
I'm so absolutely frustrated with this game to no end.  I'm not looking at getting better I'm looking at just being able to play the game like I used to.

First we have the mouse changes.  It took 2months to get it where I'm semi comfy with it and even then having to use multiple DPIs just doesn't seem right.

Now with the putting having balls going into the cup but then showing that it actually didn't go in and balls going over the center of the cup on the live shot and missing as if the hole isn't there.  There are putts that look to go over the center of the cup, then bouncing across the lip and squirting 45 degrees to one side. Upon replay it seems that it actually went over the edge of the cup.  We have shots that look one way in live play and yet under replay show something completely different. 

In the end I'm finding I am having a severe lack of trust in this game right now.  I cannot believe anything that I'm viewing on live or replay.  How can I trust a game that shows me a ball going into the cup but apparently doesn't?  How can I trust a game that shows my ball going over the center of the hole and not reacting in the least?  How can I trust a game that when I putt, the hole disappears half way through the putt and then reappears?  How can I trust a game that with the wind blowing straight down wind, I'm aiming left of the hole to play some slope, I'm on a tee, I even add a little draw, I hit my ball a little left of center and yet the ball launches directly right and I end up 30 feet to the right of the pin hole high?

Granted ball squirt has been around for a while but this hole putting situation where the ball refuses to go in and either takes weird bounces, doesn't bounce at all or even goes into the hole when it apparently doesn't is ALL since the last patch.  Please HB, something has been changed. Help?

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2015, 05:41:55 PM »
Even more fun stuff now.

I'm playing a round with a friend.  We are on turn order.  Hole 12.  WE both tee off, we both approach.  I chip on to the green, he sinks a birdie putt.  I'm ready to putt for par, but the game takes me back to the tee of hole 12.  I see my opponent, tee off, approach, birdie putt and then I'm back on the tee 12 again to watch it all over again. I let it go three time before i exited turn order and was able to continue.  I turned it back on hole 13 and I watched him tee off 4 times I never could get my shot without turn order on.

On that same hole I'm in the light rough 90-95%. I choose a 3iron. I am expecting it to go 180-190.  I hit an almost perfect shot and it goes 158 into the water.  Tried again. 145 into the water.  Hit again 201 into the fairway.  All dropping at the same spot i was.  What is going on here HB? 55 yard difference from light rough?

I mean is it just me?  Is it just PC users with Mice?  This never happened prior to the previous patch so I have to ask what is going on?

space-cash