Putting and lip outs

• 52 Replies

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2015, 05:34:22 PM »
Here is another shot that went in on my screen only to show that it really didn't.

Here we see the ball hit the left edge of the hole, move right then spin back into the hole.  Where the ball apparently truly ended up was on the LEFT side of the hole, 2-3 inches out.  This is two times in like 3 days. This time in an actual tournament round.

Can somebody please give me some idea what the heck is going on?

https://youtu.be/MgOGw7wvePo

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2015, 05:37:30 PM »
I had only noticed a few of these until the last few days...I was playing more and I have to say I'm rolling over the edges a CRAP ton and it's kind of random. One will go in...the next one will just keep on rolling like nothing happened. bleh.
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep
Edenvale (Major and Members)

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

smurfblade1988

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2015, 05:38:27 PM »
Here is another shot that went in on my screen only to show that it really didn't.

Here we see the ball hit the left edge of the hole, move right then spin back into the hole.  Where the ball apparently truly ended up was on the LEFT side of the hole, 2-3 inches out.  This is two times in like 3 days. This time in an actual tournament round.

I feel ur pain. Its completely f**ked at the min. I had a 4ft putt pop straight over the hole last night.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2015, 06:05:28 PM »

If I hit the ball too hard and it bounces over the center of the cup I can accept that, but when the ball goes over the center and has zero deviation and zero hop and stops a few inches past the hole, all the while acting as if the hole was never there.  That is an issue.  These putts/chips going in and not also blows my mind.  Something is seriously wrong and I have the belief is has somethign to do with the replay system and/or the fact if you play someone, you see different shot results from different screens.   It is now bleeding over into the live game.
I feel ur pain. Its completely f**ked at the min. I had a 4ft putt pop straight over the hole last night.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2015, 01:22:49 AM »
https://youtu.be/v11q9imy4NQ           Been getting a lot of these type putts as well. Probably should have missed, but expected to catch some of the hole. Only noticed these since the patch, never previously.
"We don't see that on our end"

Soop

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2015, 11:50:17 AM »
I'm not sure if this is the same or different issue but I have had a few occasions where the ball lipped out on a put.  When I went to watch the replay the ball is shown as going in.  I don't know how to capture a video of the replay or I would try and upload it next time.

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2015, 02:39:29 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the same or different issue but I have had a few occasions where the ball lipped out on a put.  When I went to watch the replay the ball is shown as going in.  I don't know how to capture a video of the replay or I would try and upload it next time.

The replay issue is a known "bug" in which HB is aware.  I will say one thing about the replay system. Prior to last patch, shots that I have saved as a hole in one or a good shot that went in, were still going in prior to the last patch.  Since last patch, the majority of them are now showing that they are NOT going in.  So once again I think something has changed since last patch and that is effecting the replays and these types of shots that I, and others have posted.

Still hoping HB responds.

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2015, 02:42:23 PM »
https://youtu.be/v11q9imy4NQ           Been getting a lot of these type putts as well. Probably should have missed, but expected to catch some of the hole. Only noticed these since the patch, never previously.

I see what you are saying with this putt. To me this putt looks like it rolls right over that edge. One would think that the ball should hope or at least redirect in some way, but the way I saw it was that the ball rolled right over the edge without losing any momentum.  It was as if the cup wasn't there.  I'm still trying to find a putt I can record where what just happened here, happens with the ball rolling over the center of the cup.

*NEW* Thanks Anthony for getting back to me and letting me know you are looking into the shots that went in and in fact didn't.  Also thanks for looking into the possible physics "change" causing balls to not react properly when going over the hole.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 07:08:24 PM by Brighttail »

space-cash