Less Than 100% on drives etc.

• 28 Replies

ozgreat

« on: October 15, 2015, 11:12:54 AM »
I am on PC/Mouse.

Windows 10.

Intel i7.

GTX 760 Graphics card and 16 meg ram.

I purchased this game early on in the first 2 weeks of August last year and thus far I have been more than happy with the direction the game is going.

However, since the latest number of patches were made, the first main one was intended to address the swing mechanics for driving and putting and thereafter a few more tweaks were made.
Whilst it most certainly seems to have made other platform plyers happy I am most certainly not! The initial patch created such a major problem with putting issues that a number (don''t know how many) of tweaks were made to get back to a certain consistency with putting, and I agree this is now back to where it was and correctly so.

But,........................., my issue has been that since the initial patch I am averaging 25% or more of my shots at somewhere between 70 and 90% and once I had gotten familiar with the game by January or February this year I would rarely hit a ball at less than 100% power unless I intended to do so.

I have tried everything from playing around with mouse settings and game settings.

There is certainly a lot of traffic on the TGC Tours forums on this traffic and I would ask that the devs take a serious look into this.

It really does not help when playing a tournament and your drive ends at 80% and you are swimming!

A lot of replies to this problem have been to adjust settings for putting and driving....that is absolutely ridiculous. I should not have to do that. I have driven and approached at the 100% for almost 12 months and I dot see why a patch that has been made has satisfied other platforms but has been detrimental to mine.

Kind regards,

oz

It is impossible to imagine Goethe or Beethoven being good at billiards or golf.

H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)

ozgreat

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 03:31:43 AM »
Please HB, please.

Is there any chance of even a response to my question/problem? Or do the Xbox and PS4 customers have a higher priority?

Seems to me any bug 'they' report HB jump.

Come on guys.....you are doing a great job, but the latest update and minor patches have made it impossible for me to achieve, what I was consistently getting, a 100% power on drives and approaches.

I have not changed any settings and if I have to just to go back to what I was experiencing for 12 months then I absolutely disagree. To my mind if you make an update or a tweak, a user should not have to change their settings that have been perfect for 12 months.

But, if I really do have to make adjustments can the Devs' then tell me the optimum settings to use. Do not just write and suggest making slight adjustments here and there and see if it works. I would like HB to as close as possible mirror my environment and advise what, if any changes I need.

Or most very importantly, say, no ozgreat, we (HB), will upload a minor patch so you need do nothing but enjoy the great game how you had played it for the past 12 months.

Details as above and I use a Logitech G 300 Mouse on default settings.

Kind regards to all,

oz

It is impossible to imagine Goethe or Beethoven being good at billiards or golf.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 09:31:08 AM »
No platform gets priority treatment.
Use this guide to adjust your mouse setings.

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=3033.0

Unfortunately with the thousands of PC setbups its just not possible to mirror everyone's set up.

ozgreat

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 11:37:36 PM »
Thanks Keith,

I guess I am the only one that states that it is unfair to make changes to your settings after patches....

You seem to miss the point, I had never had to make changes, all was at default and everything fine until last patch.

My kind regards to all,

oz

DDawg

• My Byte is worse than my Bark ...
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 12:17:03 AM »
Do not feel alone ....

The game has became un-enjoyable to play with the mouse, I don't like having to use the controller on my PC, but if I want to play semi-seriously, I have too.  But I cannot use a controller to design with so ... I am in a self inflected quandary.

The only thing I like doing still is designing, and even that has been in decline.  The myriad of half ass'd patches and partial fixes has finally ruined the experience I had playing. 

Now, I just play the game to test out a course design.  But, the game lost its luster ... I hope that HB can find its way back to making it fun again & good enough to enjoy playing. But, as it is now, I just go through the motions.

For the mouse, the Back swing is messed up, the putting stroke is hosed and all we read is that nobody else is having these issues. and if they do, it seems to be our own faults, get use to it, learn to live with it, or quit.

Well, the last option is beginning to become more of a reality. Or at least as far as playing in any tour styled leagues as the game has became too damn inconsistent and more frustrating than in real golf!   :(

« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 02:40:37 AM by Bubba Spieth (DDawg) »
My most recent course

The Links @ Hylandia #2

El Dorado Hills 95762
Calaveras Willow Oak
San Simoleon

My System:
Asus TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING MB w/32MB
Intel i9-9900KF 3600 MHz
NVidia/Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
MSI Optix MAG321CURV Curved Gaming Monitor

ozgreat

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 01:55:46 AM »
Hey Bubba,

At least that makes two of us...lol

I'll look for your courses M8.

Kind regards,

oz

Henry Hatch

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 11:38:09 AM »
Just during the last few days I am noticing that I am getting a significant number of mouse swings less than 100%. I put 2 balls in the water in a tournament yesterday because of less than 100% swings. In some cases the swing is under 90%. For me it would normally take a conscious deliberate effort to swing less than 90%. I play virtually every day and have played over 1100 rounds to date. Until just recently I would go multiple rounds with no swings under 100%.

The odd thing was after I blew up in a tournament I played another course and had no swings under 100%. I went back to the tournament course and had the same problem. I really don't know why this is happening. Maybe there is something about certain courses that makes this happen. I doubt my problem could be replicated because it is sporadic but happens at the most inopportune times. I posted when I saw others had a similar experience.

Scaniaman

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 07:01:29 AM »
I had the same problem yesterday, in both tournament and practice, 2 drives and 2 approach shots between 50% and 70% after playing my shots as I would normally do.

Steam Name: Scaniaman
PSN: AFC7071

ozgreat

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 09:32:43 PM »
Henry,

I am sure HB would like to know the course and the tournament you had issues.

From now on I will do the same as it may be the courses, however I don't believe they would be associated with the physics of the swing/drive....never know as I am no expert.

Regards,

oz

Dusty Roads

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 09:38:29 PM »
You guys aren't alone. I too have the exact same problems. I wish we were able to roll back to before the last patch{es} because, I like Oz, was able to play with NO tweaking and graphics cranked up. They definitely messed something up and I'm afraid there are many more of us...they just don't read these forums.

Leadbelly

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2015, 09:50:48 PM »
I had this problem also, it must be wide spread. Because a 100% to me is a given, well I thought it was. Then all of a sudden on random courses, I would get one or two shots at 92% never more never less, and always with an iron woods were fine. Anyway because I play with a mouse, I fiddled around and don't seen to have the problem now.

I should also add, that I play the game at 2560x1440 on a 27 inch monitor. And to test things after I adjusted my mouse settings, I turned everything up to the highest settings. Then I played the courses I remembered had the 92% shots, and I never got them again. That's not to say they wont popup again on other courses.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 10:27:21 PM by Leadbelly »

Leadbelly

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 10:00:34 PM »
A person can take a lot, run off with his wife, steal his car or even shoot his dog. But don't mess around with ones golf swing, that's the straw that broke the camel's back.

Scaniaman

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2015, 06:48:21 AM »
Henry,

I am sure HB would like to know the course and the tournament you had issues.

From now on I will do the same as it may be the courses, however I don't believe they would be associated with the physics of the swing/drive....never know as I am no expert.

Regards,

oz

I was playing at Pebble Beach, but this happens on most courses and it doesn't matter whether I am just playing a round or in a tourney.

Scaniaman

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2015, 06:51:30 AM »
I had this problem also, it must be wide spread. Because a 100% to me is a given, well I thought it was. Then all of a sudden on random courses, I would get one or two shots at 92% never more never less, and always with an iron woods were fine. Anyway because I play with a mouse, I fiddled around and don't seen to have the problem now.

I should also add, that I play the game at 2560x1440 on a 27 inch monitor. And to test things after I adjusted my mouse settings, I turned everything up to the highest settings. Then I played the courses I remembered had the 92% shots, and I never got them again. That's not to say they wont popup again on other courses.

I had mine on high settings and last night I turned them down to medium and I only got 1 under power shot, 79% I think.

Leadbelly

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2015, 07:14:40 AM »
I thought I had it fixed, but its back 92% again. I hate to pick but its going on two years now, I have played games with bugs but nothing like this one.

space-cash