Less Than 100% on drives etc.

• 28 Replies

Dusty Roads

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 07:38:02 AM »
I had this problem also, it must be wide spread. Because a 100% to me is a given, well I thought it was. Then all of a sudden on random courses, I would get one or two shots at 92% never more never less, and always with an iron woods were fine. Anyway because I play with a mouse, I fiddled around and don't seen to have the problem now.

I should also add, that I play the game at 2560x1440 on a 27 inch monitor. And to test things after I adjusted my mouse settings, I turned everything up to the highest settings. Then I played the courses I remembered had the 92% shots, and I never got them again. That's not to say they wont popup again on other courses.

I had mine on high settings and last night I turned them down to medium and I only got 1 under power shot, 79% I think.

I know somebody said it is the engine but c'mon, why is this game so heavy on the graphics side? EVERY newgen game I have played recently (except for AC Unity) has played at high or higher on my rig.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 08:00:38 AM »
I had this problem also, it must be wide spread. Because a 100% to me is a given, well I thought it was. Then all of a sudden on random courses, I would get one or two shots at 92% never more never less, and always with an iron woods were fine. Anyway because I play with a mouse, I fiddled around and don't seen to have the problem now.

I should also add, that I play the game at 2560x1440 on a 27 inch monitor. And to test things after I adjusted my mouse settings, I turned everything up to the highest settings. Then I played the courses I remembered had the 92% shots, and I never got them again. That's not to say they wont popup again on other courses.

I had mine on high settings and last night I turned them down to medium and I only got 1 under power shot, 79% I think.

I know somebody said it is the engine but c'mon, why is this game so heavy on the graphics side? EVERY newgen game I have played recently (except for AC Unity) has played at high or higher on my rig.

The Unity platform was a poor choice for this game.....
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Leadbelly

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 08:05:30 AM »
I played the same course again, on low settings this time. And got 92% again on the same hole, that I got it on high settings.

Leadbelly

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 08:10:34 AM »

I have know idea, if the unity platform is good or bad. But before this last update, things worked well. Now how can you play, when you have know idea when a 92% is going to wreck your game.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2015, 08:11:37 AM »

I have know idea, if the unity platform is good or bad. But before this last update, thing worked well. Now how can you play, when you have know idea when a 92% is going to wreck your game.

Look at all the issues with the game after each update and how poorly optimized the game plays.....
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Leadbelly

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2015, 08:23:12 AM »
Look at all the issues with the game after each update and how poorly optimized the game plays.....

Yes you are right, this last update has been just a cracker, I can not think of one thing that was gained from it. I know they try, but lord or lord give me strength.

Scaniaman

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2015, 08:30:36 AM »

I have know idea, if the unity platform is good or bad. But before this last update, things worked well. Now how can you play, when you have know idea when a 92% is going to wreck your game.

I was playing in a tourney on TGC Tours and had 4 under hit shots in 1 round, 2 with my driver, 53% and 49% and 2 on approach shots, 53% and 46%.

What happens is that you start your backswing as normal and then on the downswing it starts ok then it slows down and plays the underpowered shot, so you can't tell when this will happen.

Steam Name: Scaniaman
PSN: AFC7071

Leadbelly

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2015, 08:45:42 AM »
I was playing in a tourney on TGC Tours and had 4 under hit shots in 1 round, 2 with my driver, 53% and 49% and 2 on approach shots, 53% and 46%.
What happens is that you start your backswing as normal and then on the downswing it starts ok then it slows down and plays the underpowered shot, so you can't tell when this will happen.

Does this only happen with the PC platform, using a mouse. Or does it also happen, with a controller and playing other platforms.

Scaniaman

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2015, 08:52:52 AM »

Does this only happen with the PC platform, using a mouse. Or does it also happen, with a controller and playing other platforms.

Ive not tried this on my PS4, but will try it, and I am using a wired DS4 controller on my PC. Thinking back on it I don't remember this happening before the last update, but I can't be sure.

Scaniaman

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2015, 11:32:44 AM »
I have played a few rounds on my PS4 and so far had no sub 100% shots.  So in my experience I only get this on the PC.

Leadbelly

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2015, 12:11:30 PM »
I have played a few rounds on my PS4 and so far had no sub 100% shots.  So in my experience I only get this on the PC.

That was nice of you to do, helps narrows it down.

Scaniaman

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2015, 02:31:01 PM »

That was nice of you to do, helps narrows it down.

No probs mate, just glad I can help and give something back.

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2015, 02:55:07 PM »

How ironic that the shot power loss problem that was not occurring on the PC but did on the PS4 prior to the last major swing update is vis versa.  ::)

-MERACE

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2015, 04:42:47 PM »
Should have left is as it was as nothing was broken for a while after the initial fix - just slightly more challenging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

space-cash