Longmire Resort (9 Holes)

• 11 Replies

BoomBoom

« on: October 19, 2015, 08:59:54 PM »
First round commanding loser of the HBS design contest now published as the front 9 is complete.  :)

Don't play this, it's junk!. :) ;D

No pics, no conditions, no description.

Don't enjoy.........You have been warned..........
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

elgato71

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 07:19:04 AM »
Ugh..The course is Beautiful Boom..I hope you make it 18..You are a top designer..You sound like a tortured artist lol

HunterofVeritas

• I slice 95% of my hooks.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 10:24:05 AM »
Is there a Bronco parked next to the clubhouse?  There better be.

BoomBoom

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 11:08:13 AM »
I loved the show, marathon watched 4 seasons.

I also try and pick a name that when searched only a few come up, and I also try not to pick a name that requires anyone to keep checking somewhere else on the spelling and it becomes a chore just finding the course.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Glen Abbey GC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

HunterofVeritas

• I slice 95% of my hooks.
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 12:19:08 PM »
I loved the show, marathon watched 4 seasons.

I also try and pick a name that when searched only a few come up, and I also try not to pick a name that requires anyone to keep checking somewhere else on the spelling and it becomes a chore just finding the course.

I caught that.  ;)  My naming conventions are similar to yours. 

The show isn't too bad.  I watched all four seasons with the misses.  Anyway, I'll try to play your course this eve.  I'm aware that even the "losers" of a competition can be exquisite in and of themselves - especially if the competition is one among the best of the best.  I'll give some feedback once I've done so, if you're interested.

Ramjet36

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 06:19:51 PM »
First round commanding loser of the HBS design contest now published as the front 9 is complete.  :)

Don't play this, it's junk!. :) ;D

No pics, no conditions, no description.

Don't enjoy.........You have been warned..........

I tried this anti promotion technique.  It worked almost perfectly.  (Almost no one played  ::)  ) 
I am sure you will have better luck.   ;)
Courses created:   PS4  ID:  RAMJET-36
Peppers Point
Lamp Lighter Harbor

tastegw

• GroupMember
  • only on tuesdays
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 06:25:18 PM »
how the hell did you not move to 2nd round?

must have been branch's fault again.
i will....

BoomBoom

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 06:57:39 PM »
how the hell did you not move to 2nd round?

must have been branch's fault again.
LOL, I seen you got kicked as well. I got less votes than Colin. Branch got his pretty good. I don't want to give out a spoiler though in case you are not there yet.

I took a bit of risk going out of the box, but I find I'm not at all interested in designing the same old usual golf course, we already have more of those than we will ever need and I find them boring now and all the same. Designing them is not fun for me. Only so many things you can do with a golf hole until they all blend into each other. I enjoyed my time making the contest holes, I enjoyed making this one a lot.

Although with that said, I felt/feel really constrained though by the object limit. I wanted to fill the mulch beside the fairways with tons of fescue and various grasses, but the game could not handle it. I want to edge the bunkers with various grasses in addition to the mulch and chop them up a little. I want to totally swamp out the water with every bit of grass and tons of the plants. Its possible and impossible all at the same time. I would love to plant out the areas outside the rough. Maybe in time I will be able to build the course I want.

Here's my favorite photo of the course:

That 4th hole when playing has a view of 5, 7, 8 and 9.

And the 6th has never been done before here. I had more plans for the 9th as well, it's not done but it's playable.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 07:03:48 PM by BoomBoom »
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Glen Abbey GC

HB_Paul

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 02:06:32 PM »
Fantastic course again.  You had the closest matchup in the tournament and it was disappointing that someone couldn't' advance.  I'm glad you're pressing on with the course, it was as fun to play 9 as it was the first 3.

JT_2905

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 07:02:14 PM »
Excellent stuff. Loved the planting - really feels tropical with lots of vibrant colour. Loved the use of the mulch too. Great looking course and great to play too. Hope you manage the full 18.
Steam JT_29O5

My best course designs:
The Roebuck (TGC1)
Stotewold Park (TGC1)
Woburn Golf Club - The Marquess (TGC1&2)

PC Spec:
i7 4790k@4.00Ghz
16 GB Ram
GTX 1080Ti
Win 10
PS4 controller

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 02:04:52 AM »
Wanted to bump this up. Played today and loved every hole. Fantastic course worthy of a play from everyone. Can't imagine how good the other course was. What was the name of the course this lost to?   Going to play through your earlier courses tonight. Thank you for sharing this fantastic course with us.
"We don't see that on our end"

BoomBoom

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2015, 03:27:30 AM »
Wanted to bump this up. Played today and loved every hole. Fantastic course worthy of a play from everyone. Can't imagine how good the other course was. What was the name of the course this lost to?   Going to play through your earlier courses tonight. Thank you for sharing this fantastic course with us.

TY for your kind words. This lost to Apache Creek by Drivert.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Glen Abbey GC

space-cash