Nvidia Drivers 11-9-15

• 15 Replies

Dusty_Van

« on: November 09, 2015, 09:28:53 PM »
Disappointed! The Nvidia GeForce drivers that came out today (11-9-15), you know, the ones that were supposed to be the "be all of fixes? Well, it's not. Can't even play at all. Reverting back to the beginning of this year again. Sorry dev folks.
Dusty
The Age of Brass is ending, we are entering the Age of Irony.

jaws1948

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 09:35:36 PM »
In that case, I won't even try them.  TGC works fine with the 320.78 drivers and I'm just going to leave well enough alone.

Ridgefield512b

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 08:33:57 AM »
 >:( Same here, game is terrible ,can't play with out turning all settings to low,  even then game looks and plays crappy.
I don't think they know how to fix it?
Also sent a (General) post yesterday bashing them, they pulled it, cowards! I guess the truth hurts.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 09:13:47 AM »
>:( Same here, game is terrible ,can't play with out turning all settings to low,  even then game looks and plays crappy.
I don't think they know how to fix it?
Also sent a (General) post yesterday bashing them, they pulled it, cowards! I guess the truth hurts.

No, the truth is you bashing the community got your post pulled.  There is a right way to report an issue you are having and a wrong way.  Attacking the community is definitely the wrong way.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 09:30:15 AM »
Disappointed! The Nvidia GeForce drivers that came out today (11-9-15), you know, the ones that were supposed to be the "be all of fixes? Well, it's not. Can't even play at all. Reverting back to the beginning of this year again. Sorry dev folks.
Dusty

Think about this....do you really think nVidia is going to dedicate resources to fixing a game that has 27,000 or so users? If you do, I have some swamp lands I want to sell you. They are focused on AAA titles like Fallout 4 and other games that have FAR more users than this one. It is the sobering reality of focused resources and this game is not on the list to get those focused resources.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Dusty_Van

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 06:46:54 PM »
 > Same here, game is terrible ,can't play with out turning all settings to low,  even then >game looks and plays crappy.

Sorry Bud, I couldn't disagree with you more. I've been playing golf games and sims since the 80's. This one is by far the best. I'm sorry you're having a hard time with it. I'm sure that with a little patience and some help from the community (and/or staff) you'll come to enjoy it every bit as much. It's pretty much Nvidia I'm pissed at. Try getting help from that bunch. Either way I hope you get it fixed.
Dusty
]

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 06:51:53 PM »
There seems to be a new hotfix available. My Steam just downloaded it. Unfortunately it won't help for the AMD issues ...  :(
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

Leadbelly

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 07:14:08 PM »
I got the update a bit ago, played a couple holes seems the same worked fine.

Dusty_Van

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 07:24:47 PM »
Just for S&G I started playing with it. Accidently started in windowed mode and It ran, loaded courses and all. That was only once though I can't recreate it. I'm trying to get an older driver out of Nvidia. Good Luck with that! Anyone know where Nvidia keeps their driver archives?

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I'm watchin' you.
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 09:12:00 PM »
Just for other folks info...i am running the latest drivers..358.91...with absolutely no problems , so far  :)
heres' a link for all Nvidia drivers...

http://www.nvidia.ca/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

the...347.88 driver always worked for me, prior to the new patch.......

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 09:59:00 AM »
What problems are people seeing? We had to jig some stuff around to stop the memory corruption in their driver crashing our game. As Divotmaker says we're not high on their list, so we're having to fix their issues creatively. If you can give us details we'll try and get the issue happening here and look for a fix

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 11:52:53 AM »
I'm getting random stuttering on mine using the latest drivers.

Stuttering is WORSE when the camera is still like putting or tee shot. Not sure why or how but when the ball is in flight it's not as bad.
Seems to get worse the longer I play as well.

GTX 980, no overclocking.
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep
Edenvale (Major and Members)

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

Starliner640

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 02:57:28 PM »
Using 358.91 drivers and still seeing some micro stutter and slight tearing issues, I set DSR factors to on in Nvidia control panel and run the game at 2351 X 1323 (1.5x native resolution) + DSR Smoothness to 25%.  Other notable Nvidia control panel settings are Anisotropic filtering 16X, Anti-aliasing Mode to Application controlled(on in TGC), maximum pre-rendered frames set to 1, Texture filtering to High Quality, Triple Buffering to on and Vsync to Application controlled(off in TGC), this, along with in game settings of 2/900/2000 gives me fps of approx. 35 to 42. (gtx970 no o/c)

IMHO with Vsync set to off it seems to free up the swing animation, with Vsync on the swing seems to be a little bit “sticky”

I am no guru by any means and I am very pleased with how the game is playing now after the swing update patch yesterday. Prior to upgrading to Windows 10 I would say the drivers 350.12 under Windows 8.1/7 were by far the best.

I am sure my 'Technical Manager' – wirenut48 will be along soon to add some meat to these bones. http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/Smileys/default/grin.gif
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 03:10:51 PM by Starliner640 »
PSN:    Starliner640
Steam: Starliner640

jaws1948

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 05:38:20 PM »
I know I've already said it twice that I was finished monkeying around with the drivers.  But I was on the NVidia website and I saw that they have another new driver.  So I said, what the hey and installed the 358.91 drivers.  So far everything is working splendidly.  Even my FPS is way up.  Whatever they did seems to be the answer, at least for me.  Hopefully everything will continue to work well and I'll be finished with reverting to older drivers.

nojman47

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2015, 07:52:57 PM »
How do you revert back to a previous driver?    Thanks

space-cash