distance wrong

• 11 Replies

blueorfe

• GroupMember
« on: November 24, 2015, 01:16:06 PM »
I have already posted a link to this shot in the HB Knockout thread.

I played a shot that should at most carry 40 yards as I hit a stock PW flop shot.

The distance to the pin was 40 yards, my ball carried 47 yards on the fly and cost me at least one shot. Is this a known issue?

I normally wouldn't be that bothered about it, but as I missed out on winning something by one shot I thought that I'd bring it to the attention of the devs.

https://youtu.be/MMywpSL1Sz8
Steam -  blueorfe
PSN    -   blueorfe

i5 4690k 4.1Ghz
MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
MSI z97 gaming 3
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W
DS4 Controller
Windows 10 pro 64 bit

HGD Twelve Bridges Tournament Edition
HGD Walkers Heath Park

[img]http://i.imgur.com/

Leadbelly

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 01:45:46 PM »
Looked like a ball squirt, to me. Some people get them more often then others, I hardy ever get them but now and then. Its part of the game, just like real life I would think. HBS has said there not taking them out, so sorry it happened to you when it did. But its part of the game.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 02:22:56 PM »
Looked like a ball squirt, to me. Some people get them more often then others, I hardy ever get them but now and then. Its part of the game, just like real life I would think. HBS has said there not taking them out, so sorry it happened to you when it did. But its part of the game.

Don't think it was "ball squirt".....without seeing your shot setup, there is really no way to know what happened.....
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 02:29:32 PM »
The weirder thing is it reports you hit that shot 70% which means it should have gone about 28 yards

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 02:33:39 PM »
The weirder thing is it reports you hit that shot 70% which means it should have gone about 28 yards

Ditto.....I saw that as well.....
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Leadbelly

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 02:51:53 PM »

That is just the replay doing that I would think, I have all kinds I know I hit 100% and they replay back at 70%.

heshwuan

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 02:52:03 PM »

Ive noticed that happening on replays when the loft adjustment is not in the center of the grid. And since it was a flop, the default loft is different than if it were a standard shot type.

Im not entirely sure if this is the case, but if you add loft to 85% to a standard shot and then swing 100%, the replay would probably display it as 85% swing power.

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 02:53:09 PM »

That is just the replay doing that I would think, I have all kinds I know I hit 100% and they replay back at 70%.

ahh ok

I never watch replays except the one double eagle I made

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

Leadbelly

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 03:07:16 PM »
Don't think it was "ball squirt".....without seeing your shot setup, there is really no way to know what happened.....

That is true, I never thought of that. Maybe he took some loft off the club by mistake, who knows.

blueorfe

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 04:48:34 PM »

Ive noticed that happening on replays when the loft adjustment is not in the center of the grid. And since it was a flop, the default loft is different than if it were a standard shot type.

Im not entirely sure if this is the case, but if you add loft to 85% to a standard shot and then swing 100%, the replay would probably display it as 85% swing power.

My shot setup was normal loft and about 1 3/4 boxes of draw to counteract the wind, as I always do with flop shots. So if anything it should have gone less yards rather than more because of the effect of counteracting the wind.
The 70% thing always seems to happen on replays when you've hit it 100% on flop and pitch shots. On chip shots it comes up as 16% or so when you've hit it 100%, I've no idea why this happens?
The game clearly has issues ATM, cup physics have gone strange lately, this one is totally new to me though.
I have just been very unfortunate that it happened to me when there was a really good prize on offer. I just wish that I'd missed out on more than a single shot.  ;)
Steam -  blueorfe
PSN    -   blueorfe

i5 4690k 4.1Ghz
MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
MSI z97 gaming 3
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W
DS4 Controller
Windows 10 pro 64 bit

HGD Twelve Bridges Tournament Edition
HGD Walkers Heath Park

[img]http://i.imgur.com/

BoomBoom

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 05:49:36 PM »
Sorry, it's my fault......I already have a spot ready in my golf bag for the Cobra, I asked the universe for this, I don't ask the universe for much so it will deliver.

Doyleys going to suffer these strange events next. :-;
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

heshwuan

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 07:32:25 PM »

My shot setup was normal loft and about 1 3/4 boxes of draw to counteract the wind, as I always do with flop shots. So if anything it should have gone less yards rather than more because of the effect of counteracting the wind.
The 70% thing always seems to happen on replays when you've hit it 100% on flop and pitch shots. On chip shots it comes up as 16% or so when you've hit it 100%, I've no idea why this happens?
The game clearly has issues ATM, cup physics have gone strange lately, this one is totally new to me though.
I have just been very unfortunate that it happened to me when there was a really good prize on offer. I just wish that I'd missed out on more than a single shot.  ;)

The theory is the flop, pitch, and chip are just 'throttled' or 'pre-lofted' versions of a standard shot. For example, a flop shot is basically a 70% standard or full wedge, and a chip shot would be 16% of a full wedge shot.
Its the game's way of producing a different result with the same swing mechanic, and it doesnt become apparent until viewed in replay mode.

space-cash