Question for Paul...

• 6 Replies

rdh

« on: December 21, 2015, 01:25:13 AM »
Hey Paul - A couple months back you posted regarding scaling trees and objects down below 1:1 and it sounded like that wasn't a big deal.  A lot of people were hoping for that in the December update.  Can you let us know if it will be in the march update?

rdh

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 11:11:35 AM »
Paul (or someone at HB)...  Can you comment on this to let us know if it will be coming?

HB_Paul

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 11:43:06 AM »
Sorry I missed this, it popped up after I went on vacation for the holidays and I didn't check my email to see Keith forwarded it this along.

The tree scaling is on my list of things to do for the next update (March I think but don't quote me on that), its near the top and should be in there on time for that.

rdh

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 11:47:13 AM »
If you're able to do that, you will make a lot of people happy Paul.  Please keep us posted!

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 04:48:39 PM »
A couple of additional requests of a similar vain which would be fairly quick id have thought

1) whilst on the subject of sizing, could we size other objects, like steps or walls?

2) any chance we could toggle whether a building auto flattens the ground around it?

I think from these two things you'd see some creative things done

3) super cheeky, add retaining walls that are not anchored to water level. Would require correct designer placement but if you anchored at the centre bottom of wall (with a little leeway) I'm sure people would use to make lots of things including pot hole bunkers.
Full Courses:
Sandy Foot Links (TGCTLive Olympic Entry)
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club
University Links (TGCT 2015 Open Championship)

rdh

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 05:22:03 PM »
I'd like to see things taken a step further for #3.  For any object, have a default "snap" setting.  For retaining walls and bridges, it would be "water".  For other objects (trees, etc.) it would be "terrain".  Provide the ability to toggle this (so you could snap a bridge to the terrain level or a tree to water level).  Then, have a slider to raise objects up or down relative to the water or terrain.  Sink them a few feet into the ground...or even have them float above ground.  This would enable objects to be sunken into the ground as needed, and it would also enable vertical construction.  For example, if you want a very high wire mesh at the end of a driving range, place the first wire fence section the normal way.  Then place another in exactly the same spot...and use the elevation slide to raise it 4 feet (or whatever puts it directly above the first one).  There's a lot that could be done with this.

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 05:40:04 PM »

I'd like to see things taken a step further for #3.  For any object, have a default "snap" setting.  For retaining walls and bridges, it would be "water".  For other objects (trees, etc.) it would be "terrain".  Provide the ability to toggle this (so you could snap a bridge to the terrain level or a tree to water level).  Then, have a slider to raise objects up or down relative to the water or terrain.  Sink them a few feet into the ground...or even have them float above ground.  This would enable objects to be sunken into the ground as needed, and it would also enable vertical construction.  For example, if you want a very high wire mesh at the end of a driving range, place the first wire fence section the normal way.  Then place another in exactly the same spot...and use the elevation slide to raise it 4 feet (or whatever puts it directly above the first one).  There's a lot that could be done with this.

Ok you win, this would be epic. As long as the defaults are intuitive then why not?
Full Courses:
Sandy Foot Links (TGCTLive Olympic Entry)
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club
University Links (TGCT 2015 Open Championship)

space-cash