Congressional CC

• 62 Replies

Rod81simo

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2015, 07:06:53 PM »
Meant to ask...what's up with the plant/flower thing on the first tee box?
Haha, that's my marker for the GPS point I'm using, I've got them marked out with distance markers in the GNCD but wasn't sure if once I'd published the course and then when I go to continue working on the course by generating the course back up in the GNCD if all the distance points I've layed out would still be there so I just dropped a flowers down on all the hole GPS points to be sure :)
My TGC 2019 Courses:
Royal Ballylough
Congressional Country Club
Settlers Run Country Club
PGA National (Champion)
The Glades Golf Club
The Colonial Golf Club
Samurai Links

rdh

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2015, 07:20:39 PM »
Meant to ask...what's up with the plant/flower thing on the first tee box?
Haha, that's my marker for the GPS point I'm using, I've got them marked out with distance markers in the GNCD but wasn't sure if once I'd published the course and then when I go to continue working on the course by generating the course back up in the GNCD if all the distance points I've layed out would still be there so I just dropped a flowers down on all the hole GPS points to be sure :)

Ah - makes sense.  When it came up I was like, WTF?  :)

Royce

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 02:24:54 PM »
Just played the front 9 beta on XB1 and loved it.  You did a magnificent job from what I know about the course.  It played very solidly, can't wait to see it complete with custom textures.....really looking forward to this.
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

Rod81simo

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2015, 04:52:47 AM »
Ok here's the deal..... I'm having trouble finalising a theme to use, I need some feedback if you would, my thoughts are as follows.

Boreal- everything works and feels right, with the tree coverage on the plot and the backdrop being spot on, it's just the tree variety isn't there and to get a bushy vibe with the trees I had to enlarge the bushes otherwise it becomes pineville and not very T2L (true to life). More variety would be good so I wanted Rustic to work...... Read on!
Rustic- not sure if it was missed during development but it's like the trees are all 50% bigger than their counterparts in other themes and really closes in the course when the theme is flipped to it, frustrating as it would be perfect if the trees were smaller. Dev team, we need to be able to shrink trees down to whatever size we choose like we can with enlarging them...... Please!! :)
Countryside- could almost bring off the feel with a bit of adding trees to the plot to tie it in with the course a bit, backdrop is not perfect but ok, the tree variety is there but not a single pine to choose from, need a couple as there are a few around the course. Close but not close enough
Highlands- tree variety is bang on, sizing and variety are perfect, big negatives go to the backdrops available and also the plot would need heavy planting around the outsides of the course/plot to tie it in and doubt there will be enough space to do so once course planting and objects are completed. So close!!
Delta/Tropical- to many negatives to factor in.

Leaning towards just running with Boreal but I've got something telling me otherwise as the lack of trees other than pines and the like are eating at me. Help!!! :) :)
My TGC 2019 Courses:
Royal Ballylough
PGA National (Champion)
The Glades Golf Club
The Colonial Golf Club
Samurai Links

rdh

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2015, 07:47:19 AM »
Yeah...the fact that countryside doesn't have a single pine always boggled my mind.

I was really disappointed that trees couldn't be shrunk down below 1:1 after the update.  Paul had implied a couple months back it was a minor change and they were looking into it.  Paul...any comment?

(Sorry...that didn't really help you make a decision!)

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2015, 08:02:21 PM »
Rustic overall was a bit of a let-down I think. Trees just look a bit off. Glen Abbey did a good job with it but the trees are humongus.

I'd say that back-drop is secondary to having a more "T2L" (where did that come from?) environment around the holes. Especially anything that may be in play. Anything else is essentially Fluff and not really that important (imho). If highlands has the right trees then plant around it I'd say.

Rod81simo

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2015, 11:16:02 PM »
If I could figure out how to add pics in here I could update this thread with some more WIP Pics, back 9 is layed out all bar the last 2 holes, clubhouse and hole 10 are completed, coming together really well, it's a tedious process but rewarding to see it come together, pretty stoked to see all the other RCRs in the works too and the ones recently released, great stuff
My TGC 2019 Courses:
Royal Ballylough
PGA National (Champion)
The Glades Golf Club
The Colonial Golf Club
Samurai Links

Rod81simo

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2015, 05:53:12 PM »
So whilst it's still a ways off completion there is still something that I can't seem to find any info on and that is how long each hole played for the 2011 US Open, I have the individual hole locations for each of the 4 days but I can't track down anything regarding Mike Davis's hole length setups that he settled of for the 4 days, I really want to give a true replication of not so much the 2011 US Open as the weather wasn't kind that year and it played really soft, much to the displeasure of Davis, I've tracked down some good transcripts of how Davis ideally sees each hole ideally playing regarding length of approach he'd like to see and then how far the top pros average hitting a driver or whatever he sees as being the ideal club to hit off the tee and draw back from there to set the teeing ground, I'd just like to get the info regarding each of the 4 days to see how he wanted the course as a whole gel together and which days he lengthened and shortened the setup for particular holes to garner an overall balance of risk and reward for the course, it was stated that at its maximum is over 7500yds but could play as short as 7200-7300 yds if conditions yeilded the need for something in that range.

Any info at all guys would be fantastic, cheers.
My TGC 2019 Courses:
Royal Ballylough
PGA National (Champion)
The Glades Golf Club
The Colonial Golf Club
Samurai Links

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2015, 06:56:47 PM »
After that post I'll spend some time searching for sure!

Hats off for striving to make  it play as the real championship set-up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JOE golfer G

• 4 Handicap Golfer
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2015, 12:08:38 PM »
Did you get rid of the unwanted erection on the first tee?

rdh

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2015, 12:37:08 PM »
How is this progressing anyway?  Really looking forward to it!

JOE golfer G

• 4 Handicap Golfer
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2015, 01:01:45 PM »
Upto sculpting the 12th, i can say that much. Spends most of his hours drinking Australian piss, sorry, i mean Foster's.

Rod81simo

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2015, 05:10:51 AM »
How is this progressing anyway?  Really looking forward to it!

It's coming along nicely, the back 9 contouring is done all but 17 and some polish to the last. Will then still have to plant the back 9, do the greens contouring themselves and then the cart paths and clubhouse finishing off, thinking of a final test version once the course itself is done and I'll do the paths and clubhouse after, still undecided on that but it's progressing and coming up a treat!
My TGC 2019 Courses:
Royal Ballylough
PGA National (Champion)
The Glades Golf Club
The Colonial Golf Club
Samurai Links

Rod81simo

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2016, 04:34:52 PM »
Full 18 test is published, CCC test2, didn't realise until I played it but the last got converted to a par 5 by mistake due to the length, other than that I'm happy with it, Thursday pins and tees in play, tee to green is done, got a few things to complete still to plot before final release which will be a few weeks away, enjoy!!!
My TGC 2019 Courses:
Royal Ballylough
PGA National (Champion)
The Glades Golf Club
The Colonial Golf Club
Samurai Links

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I'm watchin' you.

space-cash