Congressional CC

• 62 Replies

Royce

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2016, 03:22:18 PM »
Full 18 test is published, CCC test2, didn't realise until I played it but the last got converted to a par 5 by mistake due to the length, other than that I'm happy with it, Thursday pins and tees in play, tee to green is done, got a few things to complete still to plot before final release which will be a few weeks away, enjoy!!!

I played the CCC test2 beta and loved it, extremely well done course.  Your fairway work is exceptional, I love how smooth and natural the curved fairways look....not sure how you laid them down so elegantly.  The elevation work is great too, very natural feeling.  This is one of the best recreations I've played, right up there with Pine Valley, Pinehurst, Magnolia, Muirfield, Whistling, Chambers etc.

There were a few flower "markers" on a few tee boxes on the back 9.
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I'm watchin' you.
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2016, 08:41:37 PM »
Meant to ask...what's up with the plant/flower thing on the first tee box?
Haha, that's my marker for the GPS point I'm using, I've got them marked out with distance markers in the GNCD but wasn't sure if once I'd published the course and then when I go to continue working on the course by generating the course back up in the GNCD if all the distance points I've layed out would still be there so I just dropped a flowers down on all the hole GPS points to be sure :)

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2016, 10:34:49 PM »
Fairways are great - but the thing with this one that very few other RCRs have is that the greens are absolutely spot on. If you have the Strack-line app open it up and compare. Fantastic work and so important to make the course play as the real thing.

rdh

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2016, 10:43:02 PM »
Please release a protee version...please release a protee version...please release a protee version...

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2016, 03:52:16 AM »
Yeah, the greens and greenside bunkering look photo realistic.  Just very natural.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2016, 07:29:37 AM »
Two more things that are worth noticing for designers is how much the difficulty differs between holes. There are very easy birdie holes on this course but there are a couple of monsters as well - and it makes the course much more enjoyable. Too often the fantasy designs play too "even" in difficulty.

Most greens slope prominently back to front. This is normal golf course design and I wish the course creator would pre-set some tilt in the greens as so many designs don't have this feature which would make them more realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeffield1

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2016, 07:25:46 PM »
this looks very nice,  as a maryland native i'm looking forward to playing it,  take your time, i want to be able to add it to my favorites list... also try my lighthouse sound 2nd edtn. ocmd course,  i recreated it, im sure you've heard of it if you live around congressional.  take care. it is really looking good!!

Royce

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2016, 10:49:38 AM »
Stellar job with the accuracy on the 10th.

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

ks-man

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2016, 11:22:54 AM »
It looks like the road in the real version was paved pretty carelessly whereas the road is very even in Rod's version.  He needs to get on that.

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2016, 11:28:00 AM »
Amazing. 

Royce

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2016, 12:03:07 PM »
It looks like the road in the real version was paved pretty carelessly whereas the road is very even in Rod's version.  He needs to get on that.

Yep, he really nailed this one.  Perhaps the two high left side bunkers could have their back edges raised up a tad, but some of that is dependent on viewing angle.

TGC2 Completed Courses:

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I'm watchin' you.
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2016, 07:30:43 PM »
Wow Royce, i didn't even know that pic existed...Great catch....Rod, that is amazing, superb job.....Cheers

Rod81simo

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2016, 06:25:54 PM »
"A little bit of an update for you" (cheers John, couldn't have said it better myself).

A new test has been published, CCC test3 updates include
-full 2011 US Open Thursday course setup, proper tees and pins in place.
-fine-tuned and enhanced some greens and other sculpting as required. Some greens I went a little soft on for playability sake, now they all play true to life and some are beasts, beware 7,13,16 to name but a few.
-fairway firmness maxed and Green speeds maxed.
-Lighting adjusted to be more appealing on the eyes and bring the course to life more.

Really happy with where this course is now, plays as accurate as the real deal, needed another test published to as I don't want to lose where it's at in Boreal as I want to try and make Rustic work so from here I will just flip themes and replant before full release, undecided also if I need to waste my time with the flip so any and all feedback relates to the course is very much welcomed, cheers and enjoy!!!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 06:38:05 PM by Rod81simo »
My TGC 2019 Courses:
Royal Ballylough
Congressional Country Club
Settlers Run Country Club
PGA National (Champion)
The Glades Golf Club
The Colonial Golf Club
Samurai Links

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I'm watchin' you.

Royce

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2016, 11:22:31 PM »
Teaser pics from latest beta release......Cheers..

What a cool pic, this is why I love real course recreations.  That looks so damn nice from the overhead perspective.

TGC2 Completed Courses:

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

space-cash