Game sort of locks up when switching between windowed/full screen

• 6 Replies

Doyley

• GroupMember
« on: December 10, 2015, 11:30:16 AM »
Saw John's report that his game was crashing when switching between windowed/full screen - mine doesn't crash but it does go to the fly over of the hole and then all buttons are unresponsive - both on controller and keyboard.  Have to alt-f4 out and restart.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 03:21:31 PM »
Saw John's report that his game was crashing when switching between windowed/full screen - mine doesn't crash but it does go to the fly over of the hole and then all buttons are unresponsive - both on controller and keyboard.  Have to alt-f4 out and restart.

Mine actually does more like what you're describing.  The game control buttons do become unresponsive on the controller and keyboard.  I alt-tab to the desktop and then end and restart TGC via the task manager, instead of alt-F4-ing, although that method is probably faster.

Let me ask you, does this happen to you when you're not playing one of the new online multiplayer modes?  I'm about to test mine a bit more, but in 15 minutes yesterday, I couldn't get the game to freeze or become unresponsive when playing by myself and switching between windowed and full.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

rolfgolf

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 03:04:34 AM »
Game stops by switching  fullscreen/windowed with alt enter! :-(
Sometimes it goes to very slow flyby mode after switching!

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 11:16:40 AM »

Mine actually does more like what you're describing.  The game control buttons do become unresponsive on the controller and keyboard.  I alt-tab to the desktop and then end and restart TGC via the task manager, instead of alt-F4-ing, although that method is probably faster.

Let me ask you, does this happen to you when you're not playing one of the new online multiplayer modes?  I'm about to test mine a bit more, but in 15 minutes yesterday, I couldn't get the game to freeze or become unresponsive when playing by myself and switching between windowed and full.

Doesn't happen every time but I think it might be a timing issue - I always seem to be switching to full screen just as the flyover is starting which might be the trigger.  Generally if I wait until the golfer is up it doesn't happen.  Haven't tested it enough to reproduce it 100%.  But I've had it 3 or 4 times recently so it's definitely something new that's been introduced when alt-tabbing between window/full screen

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 03:45:04 PM »
Played an online match play round last night and neither party switched display modes... we didn't have an incident in 17 holes of play as a result, but neither of us attempted chat of any sort, which would have resulted in going from full to windowed mode, therefore we didn't try.

I saw Anthony say in another forum that this is an issue that HBS is looking into and he suspects 'it has something to do with a connection/disconnection' as the game changes between the two display modes.  Sounds like they've got a handle on it.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 09:20:21 PM »
The same also seems to happen when the steamoverlay is activated (having changed the hotkey to alt+tab). This leads to the conclusion that it could be the alt key by itself causing the issue.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

mcoale2004

• World Class Golf Revived
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 04:00:18 PM »
Fine in windowed mode but issue if you swing with mouse. There are times that when you do your back swing can drag the window down. You do not lose fps. Have to stop swing and recenter game. This is on a 32" 1920*1080 Sanyo. Would be nice to here if HB is coming up with a fix. Really sucks that you cant go to desktop from full screen. Also you can change the steam overlay from shift-tab to any key of your chosing in the main Steam program.  Mine is set to ` key makes it quicker to chat and close it out,my 2 cents. All i want for Christmas is my full screen back.
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Case
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. G1.Sniper Z97
Intel Core i7-4790K @ OC 4.8
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB)
2 x 240GB Intel 730 SSD Raid 0
2 x EVGA GTX760 SLI

space-cash