Funny texture issues...

• 13 Replies

rdh

« on: December 12, 2015, 06:35:18 PM »
See this thread for the first time I saw this:  http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=13830.msg162466#new

I don't know the sequence of actions, but it just happened again.  This time I selected Vale Meadows to play.  I was remarking on the very white sand when I was on hole 2, figuring the designer swapped for that.  I got frustrated that hole and exited to restart my round (yes, bad me).  When I played the second time...the sand is a beige color, not the white from my previous round.  There's something funky going on causing textures to come up differently in some scenarios.

Crazycanuck1985

• GroupMember
    • TGCToursTV Twitch Channel
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 08:35:01 PM »
I noticed the texture flipping today as well. Was playing my TST rounds on Field Stone farms (countryside)..had to exit out and go back in because the flag was showing up, and something looked different about the course.....

Then I load up speed golf at Hoodoo hills and the grass is a lush green and the bunkers a bright white. It looked AMAZING...but I knew something was up. I exited out and went back in...all of a sudden it was back to the "vanilla" desert look.

Something is up for sure.

Crazycanuck1985

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 08:40:19 PM »
Just able to recreate it. Stepped onto Hoodoo Hills and it looked like this:

Exited the game, hit continue round and it looked like this:

Went back to main menu, hit continue game again and if flipped back! HB needs to look into this I think!

rdh

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 09:34:36 PM »
If that's the sequence that does it, then DON'T FIX IT HB!  For every desert course I play i'll start the round, exit, then continue to get the lush textures I want.  :)

Thanks Canuck...I know this will be fixed, but i'm going to try it in the meantime.  I was glad to hear you say it looked amazing...I wish every desert course defaulted to this texture.  :)

rdh

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 09:40:35 PM »
I didn't even have to do that...I just booted up TGC and started a round and selected Powderfinger and it came up like the attached image right away.  Man it looks good...but I know the bug will have to be fixed.  :(

Crazycanuck1985

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 09:41:35 PM »
It's great for desert, but it happened to a countryside course I was playing earlier today as well.

rdh

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 10:15:05 PM »
Okay...that needs to be fixed.  But just flip the default for desert.  :)

rdh

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2015, 11:06:51 PM »
Yeah...it's definitely a broader issue.  I just started a round on Vale Meadows Golf Club and it has dull/brown textures...maybe what the desert theme normally has?

rdh

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2015, 11:12:51 PM »
Alright...here's my assessment as a software guy that debugs issues and looks at things from a logic standpoint.  I think when you play a round, it's using the textures from what the previous round "should have" been.  Not sure if this holds true in all cases, but I was playing powder finger with the lush green textures.  I then exited and started a round on vale meadows and it had the dull/brown desert textures.  I then exited and started a new round on vale meadows and it looks good...i.e. what the textures "should have" been based on the last course I played (also vale meadows).

Developer folks...go nuts and debug.  I just want my lush green default on desert courses as a payback.  :)

blueorfe

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 03:20:05 PM »
I was playing Old Beaver Creek winter theme. I played a few holes then decided that I'd better practice this weeks tgc euro course Royal Birkdale.

When I loaded up Birkdale it looked like this

I tried it again when I next played the game, this time Old Beaver Creek looked very odd, the land looked normal, but the skies and the water were black.
I'm having issues with uploading to photobucket ATM, i'll try to post some images later

Here are some images from beaver with the black sky and water

« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 06:14:51 PM by blueorfe »
Steam -  blueorfe
PSN    -   blueorfe

i5 4690k 4.1Ghz
MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
MSI z97 gaming 3
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W
DS4 Controller
Windows 10 pro 64 bit

HGD Twelve Bridges Tournament Edition
HGD Walkers Heath Park

[img]http://i.imgur.com/

clubcaptain

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 04:12:50 PM »
Been building a winter course last few days. Saved it many times. Today I played it offline and only the fairways were frosty. I exited, went back into online mode and again, only the fairways were frosty.

So I changed all the rough textures to frosty and all was good.

Second problem was that I then played pebble Beach Black straight after and all the fairways were frosty.
Intel core I73770k 3.5 GHZ
16 Gb Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600MHZ/PC12800
Asus mobo PB8277-V Lx
Nvidea GeForce GTX670 2GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windoes 7 home premium 64 bit

Courses :
Aphrodite Golf and Sailing Resort
Taiga Forest-Kaunis Course
Adelaide Hills West Golf Course
Strathmally GC

theclv24

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 05:31:08 PM »
This morning I played a Links course, followed by a Rural course. The Rural course had all of the Links textures, but the Rural planting. It was an interesting look.

Can be viewed here: http://www.twitch.tv/theclv24/v/30081923

rdh

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 06:33:41 PM »
Yeah...you can have some fun with this until they fix it.  Start one course in a given theme/textures, then exit out and start a round on a different themed course and see how the alternate textures look.  I know it needs to go away, but it would be very cool to have some control over this at runtime...the textures don't affect difficulty or scoring so it wouldn't harm anything. 

(Yes, I still want my god-like powers to play all desert courses with lush green grass!)

WindyCityWizard

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2015, 09:52:42 AM »
I'm on ps4, and I wanted to see if what I'm reading in this thread happens to me.
Here's what I found...
I selected one of my own published courses, it is Boreal.
I played the 1st hole, bunkers were white sand instead of the standard tan. Also, 1st cut is a dark shade of green.
I exited game, then hit continue game. Sand is tan now, 1st cut still dark green.
I quit game, then selected another course of mine to play, also Boreal.
Bunkers tan, 1st cut dark green.
Turned off ps4 altogether and did some other things. Then an hour later I turned game back on.
Selected my same Boreal course, New round of golf, bunkers white, 1st cut dk green.
Exit game, Continue game, bunkers tan again.

I have saved all my courses under a slightly different name, so I can play them if the server is down.
I went into the GNCD on this Boreal course, and the bunkers were tan, 1st cut dk green, so it is 1/2 ok in the GNCD.

I hope HB can fix this soon. Our courses are being compromised.
If someone decided to play our courses, they're not going to see the intended content. It will affect the ratings of courses too.
I think my course looks a little kooky w/white sands. Luckily, I know how to fix it, by exiting/quitting. But will other people do that? Do I need to do that for other people's courses? Do I need to do that just to play my own course as it's intended to be?
I don't like the dark green first cut either. It doesn't look terrible, but it's not the course I created. Fortunately, it is dark green and not white!

Lots of versions due to refurbishments.
Play the ones exactly how they're listed here:
Tulip Point CC-Queen's Course
Tulip Point-Prince Course
Tulip Point-Royal Forest
Tulip Pt.-King's Course
Tulip Pt.-Royal Meadow
*All courses above have B, C, D versions*

Also,
Timber Trails (RCR)

space-cash