Oakmont Country Club

• 143 Replies

theclv24

« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2016, 01:44:46 AM »
3rd hole is mostly complete. This one took a long time with elevating and working on the perimeter of the course, and then of course the pews took awhile too.

Jared

• Measure twice and cut once
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2016, 01:05:45 PM »
Looks fantastic.

Can't wait to try and hold the 3rd - uphill, downwind, max firmness.    :o
My Courses:

Guid Donner
The Club at Horseshoe Lake
The Club@Horseshoe Lake Members

theclv24

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2016, 10:58:11 AM »
That's 16 bunkers on the 4th hole... not including the Church Pews!

DDawg

• it's been quite a ride on this rock ...
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2016, 03:11:30 PM »
I don't know why, but all these pictures made me play this song over & over at 78 speed, then backwards 5 times ....

Then I went golfing ....

:o
My most recent course:
Presidio Fort Point

Uber Kasplash-Andropn GC
DJ's Marina Del Pacifico
Kasplash-Andropn Boscage
Harvest High Country Club
The CGC @ Peeblestone Bay
Misty Mountain Monastery
The Links @ Hylandia #2
El Dorado Hills 95762
Calaveras Willow Oak
San Simoleon

bigtee

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2016, 03:26:26 PM »
Is there a compromise to be reached on the 8th ?  back pin would be around 280.  Strong wind against might make it tought to get at pin with a driver, which obviously ain't ideal for a par 3. Maybe elevate tee and shorten the yardage to around 260-265 ?

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2016, 04:43:14 PM »
In the us open, I remember players hitting hybrid there since it was so firm.  So, shortening it will prob make it play more realisticly. 

theclv24

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2016, 12:39:16 PM »
Is there a compromise to be reached on the 8th ?  back pin would be around 280.  Strong wind against might make it tought to get at pin with a driver, which obviously ain't ideal for a par 3. Maybe elevate tee and shorten the yardage to around 260-265 ?

There are plenty of tee options available at that hole without needing to alter it from the original. The tee location will probably depend on which version of the course you are playing. With firm and fast conditions, you should be able to reach the green from the maxed out tee unless you have a strong headwind, anyways, so I would expect to see the US Open version tee there. If you have a headwind, you will just need to scramble for your par and move on.

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2016, 03:23:30 PM »

There are plenty of tee options available at that hole without needing to alter it from the original. The tee location will probably depend on which version of the course you are playing. With firm and fast conditions, you should be able to reach the green from the maxed out tee unless you have a strong headwind, anyways, so I would expect to see the US Open version tee there. If you have a headwind, you will just need to scramble for your par and move on.
wise words mate.

theclv24

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2016, 04:13:54 PM »

wise words mate.

You could also just birdie the hole and go on to win the tournament. I think some guy did that on Sunday in 2007, El Pato somethingorother.

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2016, 04:22:08 PM »

wise words mate.

You could also just birdie the hole and go on to win the tournament. I think some guy did that on Sunday in 2007, El Pato somethingorother.
that was wise words to you theclv24.

Royce

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2016, 10:11:29 AM »
Progress on this is looking amazing, which is totally expected!

I came across this really neat pic of Oakmont from a GolfDigest article of America's 20 most difficult courses (Oakmont was #2)

XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

theclv24

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2016, 11:28:53 AM »
Here is the latest work, with update pics also located here: http://clvgolf.com/works-in-progress

Much of the past week has been devoted to the area around holes 4, 5, and 6. There is a lot of land movement in this area, so it worked best to try and do elevations for all three holes at the same time. The 4th hole is complete except for the green contours, while the 5th and 6th holes still need bunker sculpting and green contours.

NevadaBallin

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2016, 02:42:59 PM »
Looking fantastic, looking forward to playing this many times.
Twitch Channel>  http://www.twitch.tv/YoNevadaBallin

Come by and say hello

***TGC 2019 Courses***
- Montreux Barracuda (RCR Montreux, Reno, NV)
- St Alphonso GC FXD
- Idlewild South Memorial GC
- Bacarra Golf Club

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2016, 12:03:39 PM »
Awesome.  The backdrop even matches.

Ckl - Sim user

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2016, 10:27:21 AM »
I can't wait to play this one!  What sort of elevation changes does this course have?  On Google Earth, it looks like about 75 feet from low point to high point.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 10:30:16 AM by Ckl - Sim user »

space-cash