Rough Glitch On Green

• 9 Replies

Mrooola

• GroupMember
« on: January 20, 2016, 04:28:12 AM »
Hello HB.

I wonder if I might direct your attention to the TGCTours forum to investigate a glitch found on XBox.
http://tgctours.proboards.com/thread/6415/rough-on-green-old-gold

I'll describe to glitch here as well.

On the course Ye Olde Douglas Harbor (Gold Tees) we have encountered a strange glitch and its only found on XBox.
On hole #3 there is a patch of rough shown on the green for some users. Not all, and what is even stranger it varies in size and location on the green from round to round. Its not always there, but sometimes its huge. Right by the pin. Some times its small. You get the picture.

The course is created on PS4. No PS4 or PC users have seen this patch of rough as far as I can tell.
The Original version of the course is on the suggested list and has over 1k plays and never have something like this been reported by anyone. Also. The designer has not made any alterations to the green from the original to Gold version. In fact. There is yet another version of the course called Red. Red is based off Gold version and the glitch is NOT shown on the Red setup.

The link at the top shows the discussion on the matter and includes screenshots and verification from other XBox users.

Thnx for reading. Hope to hear from you real soon.

PS. I know glitches of different types occur between platforms. has anyone reported Whitehorn? XBox created course that look... Lets just say "out there" on the back 9.
New South Flower Golf & CC
The Copse @ Malkie Coast
Aij Kee Ahh Hideaway 9 Hole
Demon Host GC
Carolina Low GC
Cul de Sac GC
Unfinished Sympathy GG
Little Bird Trails
Silent Ivy Hotel, Nattavaara, SE

Hootbleet

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 06:17:04 AM »
Just to add to this mroola, I was playing my final round on this last night, and in the rough at about the 5 o'clock position to the green there was a patch of green it, but the green itself was fine. In a previous practise round I also found a patch of rough on the green. From memory that was a similar size and shape to this displaced patch of green in the rough. This is on xb1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mayfield 53

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 06:20:51 AM »
I saw the patch of rough on the 3rd hole right next to the flag , but the next round i played it had disappeared, will play another round today the 20th and see what happens,  i am on X.box 1 .
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 06:28:50 AM by Mayfield 53 »

Mayfield 53

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 10:05:37 AM »
No problem today on the Red course.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 10:46:02 AM »
Forwarded to the dev to investigate.  I will also give the course a play on my XB1 to see if I see it.

ssa1950

• rascal607
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 11:09:34 AM »
I also had the rough on the green during one of my rds, either rd 2 or 3.  Only had a very narrow strip of green to work with at the pin; maybe 3 yds wide.

Sent from my SGH-T399N using Tapatalk

Mrooola

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 11:49:47 AM »
Thnx for the added input guys and thank you Keith for forwarding this to the correct people

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk

The Copse @ Malkie Coast
Demon Host GC
Carolina Low GC
Cul de Sac GC
Unfinished Sympathy GG
Little Bird Trails

Mrooola

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 07:47:19 AM »
@HB_Keith you haven't happened to hear anything about this? What the problem might be?

The Copse @ Malkie Coast
Demon Host GC
Carolina Low GC
Cul de Sac GC
Unfinished Sympathy GG
Little Bird Trails

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 01:16:46 PM »
@HB_Keith you haven't happened to hear anything about this? What the problem might be?

I haven't.  My thought is maybe that section needs to be raised with a red brush?  Is it a low point on the green that somehow is not allowing the green texture to show through.

Mrooola

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 08:20:31 PM »
Well. I'd say yes to that IF it showed in the designer or was visible on all platforms. Also it moves, change size and sometimes doesn't show at all.

The Copse @ Malkie Coast
Demon Host GC
Carolina Low GC
Cul de Sac GC
Unfinished Sympathy GG
Little Bird Trails

space-cash