Bethpage State Park Black Course

• 122 Replies

BoomBoom

« on: January 31, 2016, 10:29:54 AM »
Someone stop me if it has been done, but all I see are nearly autogens, 1 with 1700 plays, must be some kind of record.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 11:07:27 AM by BoomBoom »
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 10:48:09 AM »
Someone stop me if it has been done, but all I see are nearly autogens, 1 with 1700 plays, must be some kind of record.

It's been done but not very well

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

BoomBoom

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 11:33:03 AM »

It's been done but not very well
Guess I'm going to need to fix that then. Plenty of data, no reason I can see early why it cannot be done decent, there is even a WGT course. If it's on Tiger, then away I go for sure.

Certainly like the sound of this "The course is for walkers only and its slope rating is one of the highest in the northeast. This was one of the last courses designed by master golf course architect A.W. Tillinghast,

And Oh my, I can feel the object bar filling up already. HBS we need global trees........................and global grass.................And more rough, like 2 or 3 more heavy rough options so we can mix and match.

HMMM, theme, which theme?

OMG, went a played the first at WGT, you could save a fortune in jail costs, just sentence them to have to play that POS.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 12:17:00 PM by BoomBoom »
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Glen Abbey GC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

ks-man

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 08:07:30 AM »
Hey BoomBoom,

Have you officially decided to start working on Bethpage Black?  If so I will update my Real Course thread.  I grew up 10 minutes from the Black so would love to see a top tier version of the course in game however I must admit that I always enjoyed playing the Red Course more than the Black Course.  Any chance you want to create 36 holes  ;)

BoomBoom

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 08:23:37 AM »
Hey BoomBoom,

Have you officially decided to start working on Bethpage Black?  If so I will update my Real Course thread.  I grew up 10 minutes from the Black so would love to see a top tier version of the course in game however I must admit that I always enjoyed playing the Red Course more than the Black Course.  Any chance you want to create 36 holes  ;)
I'm tossed between this or cypress TBH.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Glen Abbey GC

ks-man

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 08:47:49 AM »
We'd be lucky to have either one.  Can't wait for the ProTee course sync so I can give Riviera a try on my simulator!

rdh

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 08:53:46 AM »
Right...there wasn't a protee version of Riviera yet, was there?  Can you look at that before you get consumed with Bethpage?  :)

BoomBoom

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 09:42:52 AM »
That's it I'm done doing real, finished.

People nit picking tiny 1 and 2 inch slopes on greens, missing a little hump on 1 green. Move this and that slope a foot over here and there.

Sorry but that is BS. To get the greens exactly to real that if you were standing a 3 feet from the hole and the rise should be precisely 3 inches is impossible with these tools. Because as soon as I fixed 1 side the other side would be broken. I raise one side the other goes down, I fix that it breaks another. Its just not fckn possible for me.

If close is not good enough, screw it.

This is not aimed at anybody in this thread either.

People need to take their straka app and shove up their own a-ss and not mine.

Yes protee this week, black tees half done, then I never want to see it ever again in my designer.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 09:48:51 AM by BoomBoom »
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Glen Abbey GC

Royce

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 09:44:25 AM »
I really hope you pick Bethpage.  Cypress would be great too but we have a great Spyglass & Pebble, courses I equate with Cypress.....but we have nothing close to Bethpage.  I played a version months ago and it was crap.  We need someone to give it the proper treatment it deserves, it's been in TW before and there should be plenty of data considering it's a public course.
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 10:08:43 AM »
I really hope you pick Bethpage.  Cypress would be great too but we have a great Spyglass & Pebble, courses I equate with Cypress.....but we have nothing close to Bethpage.  I played a version months ago and it was crap.  We need someone to give it the proper treatment it deserves, it's been in TW before and there should be plenty of data considering it's a public course.

Exactly - we have an awesome Pebble

The Black is a better golf course anyway - in fact it's my favorite. 

I'm 5 months from 2 or 3 rounds there again - counting the days to celebrate getting my brains beat in :)

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

rdh

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 10:24:25 AM »
That's it I'm done doing real, finished.

People nit picking tiny 1 and 2 inch slopes on greens, missing a little hump on 1 green. Move this and that slope a foot over here and there.

Sorry but that is BS. To get the greens exactly to real that if you were standing a 3 feet from the hole and the rise should be precisely 3 inches is impossible with these tools. Because as soon as I fixed 1 side the other side would be broken. I raise one side the other goes down, I fix that it breaks another. Its just not fckn possible for me.

If close is not good enough, screw it.

This is not aimed at anybody in this thread either.

People need to take their straka app and shove up their own a-ss and not mine.

Yes protee this week, black tees half done, then I never want to see it ever again in my designer.

Whoa!  Now i'm ticked off at whoever made comments to tick you off!  I love the job you did on glen abbey and Riviera.  They're more than faithful enough to feel like great renditions.  I hope you keep going with this stuff, because you do a great job...whoever made comments knocking your work needs to apologize and find something better to do with their time.  Sorry you've been hit with that man...it's not warranted.

BoomBoom

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 10:40:30 AM »
I'm on the fckn ledge man! You know I tried, did I get it 100% no, could I no. I get this should slope back to front, I think shi-t, that's a pretty significant miss, I go in a check and it is sloping back to front, I think WTF.  I get this should have a ledge, I have a 3 inch incline, real is 4-5, I get the green is tilted backwards, I think crap, I go and look, I missed a 2 inch hump, the general tilt is fine.

It's crazy, people have these straka line apps on their iPhone and if they get a 35 foot putt they know precisely real is a 6 inch down slope, if you have 4 or 14, you fcked up.

I lost all interest in having that conversation when I went and spent an hour trying to add an insignificant hump and not then have it fck up the general break of the green.

I get some greens have famous breaks, like 2 on Augusta, 2 CO or 5 members on Glen Abbey you need to get right, but little insignificant ones on other greens, I think WHO G-A-S as long as you get them generally right it should be good enough.

I can't get real to that level of detail, well maybe I could but it would take more than a year for me, and for the course to get played a few times and forgotten, Ok I know I'm crazy, but that would be loony bin material.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 10:42:27 AM by BoomBoom »
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Glen Abbey GC

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 10:42:54 AM »
BoomBoom Riviera Is a very good Remake Dont take any notice of the odd person on here saying a tree is out of place or the slope on the green is slightly wrong Its a Computer game and you just want to feel your playing there.No real Course remake going to be perfect EA couldn't do it with there Millions behind them.I've Got some of the green info for Royal troon at the moment im remaking and to be honest im only using it as a guide to me some of the slopes on it in firm conditions makes it silly,Always go for playability above realism Because the people who moan about the greens are the ones who get upset with the top players holing alot of putts and want the game evened up a little to make there game closer to the top players,i for one love realism but the average player doesnt want to have there shot go close to the hole and end up 20 yards away,I hope you carry on what you want to design.

BoomBoom

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 10:51:42 AM »
BoomBoom Riviera Is a very good Remake Dont take any notice of the odd person on here saying a tree is out of place or the slope on the green is slightly wrong Its a Computer game and you just want to feel your playing there.No real Course remake going to be perfect EA couldn't do it with there Millions behind them.I've Got some of the green info for Royal troon at the moment im remaking and to be honest im only using it as a guide to me some of the slopes on it in firm conditions makes it silly,Always go for playability above realism Because the people who moan about the greens are the ones who get upset with the top players holing alot of putts and want the game evened up a little to make there game closer to the top players,i for one love realism but the average player doesnt want to have there shot go close to the hole and end up 20 yards away,I hope you carry on what you want to design.

HBS needs EAP or a customer AP.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Glen Abbey GC

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 10:57:10 AM »
For the record in case someone is curious - it was not me

The only RCR releases I've ever been critical of are Collin's (for obvious reasons)

You should reconsider... you'd do the Black proud

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

space-cash