English Turn Golf and Country Club

• 1 Replies

Griff

• GroupMember
« on: February 20, 2016, 10:37:23 AM »
I'll try to get some pics up in the near future as I lay more of the course in.

I've always enjoyed playing ET, and thought it would play very well on TGC. It's not going to be chock full of eye candy as there's really not much in the way of flowers, plants, or trees throughout the course. It does, however, give a pretty fair test of your golfing skills.

Most of the fairways are generous driving areas, but the greens usually take a precise shot as they are on the smaller side and narrow in most cases.

One question I do have for other designers: irl the greens play soft, but fast. Does this combo work for playability in TGC or should I bump up the firmness a bit?

Rod81simo

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 10:50:03 AM »
I'll try to get some pics up in the near future as I lay more of the course in.

I've always enjoyed playing ET, and thought it would play very well on TGC. It's not going to be chock full of eye candy as there's really not much in the way of flowers, plants, or trees throughout the course. It does, however, give a pretty fair test of your golfing skills.

Most of the fairways are generous driving areas, but the greens usually take a precise shot as they are on the smaller side and narrow in most cases.

One question I do have for other designers: irl the greens play soft, but fast. Does this combo work for playability in TGC or should I bump up the firmness a bit?
I'd go medium firmness fast speeds if it were I, soft in this game replicates 'lift, clean and place IMO' and really with a swing mechanic that is dial your distance at the moment you can take the liberties with speed and firmness to up the difficulty somewhat..... Definately wouldn't go soft and turn your piece of art into a game of darts.
My TGC 2019 Courses:
Royal Ballylough
Congressional Country Club
Settlers Run Country Club
PGA National (Champion)
The Glades Golf Club
The Colonial Golf Club
Samurai Links

space-cash