Tye Dunes II (working title)

• 8 Replies

pyates

• GroupMember
« on: February 07, 2016, 06:54:15 PM »
Ok.. So it may be a working title, but it is also quite accurate.  I took the Tye Dunes plot and wiped every hole off of it. I left most of the planting and the sculpting and not much else.  I then proceeded to create an entirely new layout and entirely new holes from the plot.

In just a couple of days I've made great progress with most holes playable, at least half just need light rough added (new method for me as I tend to always do fairway and rough together to get the lines perfect).

Very happy so far, I'm aiming this course at the CC level tours over at TGCTours... It's quite a challenge as I want the course to stretch and entertain both the top guys on those tours and the not so top guys.

I've gone for a lush green colour palette this time... But I might go back to the browns from the original.  I'll look to get a 9 hole beta out at some point soon in the hope that I can get some feedback as to the difficulty.

For now, some pics... Please ignore the rough edges around the fairways, they'll be covered up by a reasonably thick line of light rough when I'm a bit more certain on their widths.  Note that the 3rd pic is basically a reversed version of the 17th on Tye Dunes if you recognise it :)

« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 03:25:19 PM by pyates »
Full Courses:
Sandy Foot Links (TGCTLive Olympic Entry)
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club
University Links (TGCT 2015 Open Championship)

Mrooola

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 04:45:23 AM »
Interesting idea. I like it. If you can pull off the difficulty aspect I'll have a spot for it on the CC tour for sure

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk

New South Flower Golf & CC
The Copse @ Malkie Coast
Aij Kee Ahh Hideaway 9 Hole
Demon Host GC
Carolina Low GC
Cul de Sac GC
Unfinished Sympathy GG
Little Bird Trails
Silent Ivy Hotel, Nattavaara, SE

Royce

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 10:58:34 AM »
I loved the original Tye Dunes, so I'm really looking forward to this one.
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

nickweis

• Go in Your Home!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 11:12:38 AM »
This!

Awesome
My Courses:
Red Rock National
The Links @ Inverness Point
Pine Park Lodge (9 hole)
Helena Island Estate (9 hole)
Grizzly Paw Golf Club
Killarney Golf and Country Club
The Great Northern G&CC
The Links of Isolation Island
Coyote Canyon (Original Members, Tour and now 2016 multi)
Steam/PSN: Nickweis12

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 02:21:22 PM »
Cheers guys, it has been fun to build... going to have a look at the CC course discussion threads a bit more... I don't want it to be easy but would like it to be accessible to the full range of abilities on CC. As hard as making a course for the top pro tours is, the range of skill on CC possibly makes it a harder audience :)

Hope I get it right but if Marazion is anything to go by (which I initially aimed to be easier) I have a lot of work to do :-D
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

hockeyisland

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 09:13:06 PM »
Smart idea. Loved tye  dunes. Can't wait
- Hockey Island

Courses:
Volcano Island (WIP)
Golden Gate Golf Links (WIP)
Maple Valley (Completed)

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 04:25:00 PM »
This is coming along nicely I believe. I think I have the difficulty about right as far as I can tell.  I have gone for a handful of challenging holes, a fair few very easy ones and a lot in between.  Though, all holes are lined by a decent amount of light rough and none of the greens are as crazy as I normally go :). My hope being that a bad shot costs you a shot at most, very few will cost you much more. I.e. reward the best players, but go easy on the not so good :).

I'm pretty happy with all the holes as they are, I'm not decided on textures, I may go lush green which contrasts the sand nicely, or I might stick with the original Tye Dunes colours. I'm hoping I'll be able to throw out a beta version if anyone is interested? Especially if you are on one of TGCTs CC tours. I'll post it up here when ready to go :) along with a few more pics most likely
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 08:12:57 PM »
Published a beta version as 'TD2 Beta 1'. Would love feedback of any kinda good or bad.  In particular I'd like to know if I got the difficulty right as described above.

Some pics:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2016, 01:22:05 PM »
Now published as 'Tye Dunes II'... Completed thread coming soon. Course record of -13 from me ready to be beaten!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

space-cash