Bethpage State Park Black Course

• 122 Replies

Williamhotel69

« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2016, 08:14:23 PM »
Looking good so far BoomBoom.

Rustic would be a great theme for this course based on location.
Courses created:
TGC 2019
Port - The Golf Club of Houston (RCR)
TGC2
The Golf Club of Houston (RCR)
TGC1
Mason Dixon Golf Course
Mistwood Golf Course (RCR)
Hillcrest Golf & CC (RCR)
The Walker Course Clemson SC / Tiger Tees (RCR)
The Golf Club of Houston (RCR)

hockeyisland

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2016, 08:20:12 PM »
Hey BoomBoom,

Have you officially decided to start working on Bethpage Black?  If so I will update my Real Course thread.  I grew up 10 minutes from the Black so would love to see a top tier version of the course in game however I must admit that I always enjoyed playing the Red Course more than the Black Course.  Any chance you want to create 36 holes  ;)
I'm tossed between this or cypress TBH.

I would love to see a great rcr creator do cypress point. This would be a great addition to the database. I am still looking forward to bethpage though. Cant wait.
- Hockey Island

Courses:
Volcano Island (WIP)
Golden Gate Golf Links (WIP)
Maple Valley (Completed)

TeeJay0218

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2016, 09:38:34 AM »
Great work bud.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

PGA Tour Founder/President
Playstation 4's Premier Sim Society!
Play the way the pros do, green grids and scout cam off.

BoomBoom

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2016, 01:21:16 PM »
I think I'm settling in on harvest. Rustic just closes in on to many holes and off the bat on 1, I lost the lofted driver tee shot. Hole 2 I felt way to confined with rustic as well and visually it ruined the visual on the 4th tee. Harvest it is.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

JOE golfer G

• 4 Handicap Golfer
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2016, 04:36:31 PM »
I also started Bethpage a while back and to hole 5 but put it on hold as i couldn't get access to straka. I had a beta up called Bethpage black 2 i think, it might help you for the first 4 holes.

BoomBoom

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2016, 06:02:01 PM »
I also started Bethpage a while back and to hole 5 but put it on hold as i couldn't get access to straka. I had a beta up called Bethpage black 2 i think, it might help you for the first 4 holes.
Currently on Hole 7, it's moving along rather nicely and definitely going to be my masterpiece if I do say so myself. The amount of data available on this course is outstanding. I also purchased straka, however it's on WGT as well.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Glen Abbey GC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

lyleman222

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2016, 06:23:45 PM »
Looking forward to this BB

BoomBoom

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2016, 10:50:22 AM »
Well I'm at that point where I could proceed to the back 9 or finish the front 9 and release it. I was thinking the 3700 yard 2009 US open tee version of the front 9.

Conditions not being firm fast, I'm willing to compromise a little here. I was thinking soft fairways and firm greens as a compromise. The greens will be fast though. That way the first bounce in does not take off like a rocket, but this does not become a shoot out. Birdie should mean something on this course from those tees. Lets face it, as good as we think we are in RL, those tees, that set-up, most of us would not break 120 on the full 18.

Later I will release the shootout versions, no worries for the birdie lovers.

I'm open, I have not ruled out anything yet.

There won't be much polish outside the holes, no Clubhouse, hand planted trees took up 1/2 of my object bar so other planting is minimal presently.

So, would there be interest? What do you think the conditions should be and why?

Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Glen Abbey GC

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2016, 11:13:04 AM »
Greens aren't ever fast there but I'm sure they were for the opens (they wouldn't let me play those days lol)

Care to tease a pic of #8? :)

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

BoomBoom

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2016, 12:03:08 PM »
Greens aren't ever fast there but I'm sure they were for the opens (they wouldn't let me play those days lol)

Care to tease a pic of #8? :)
Not a problem, from the 230 yard US Open Tee. Still need to tidy it up a bit though.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 12:05:14 PM by BoomBoom »
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Glen Abbey GC

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2016, 02:10:34 PM »
the area behind the green is about 30 feet above it - you've got the layout pretty good otherwise and the bunker looks great

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

BoomBoom

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2016, 05:42:17 PM »
the area behind the green is about 30 feet above it - you've got the layout pretty good otherwise and the bunker looks great
I have not touched the area behind the tees. But yep you are right I lowered the tees to get 9 to the proper elevations from tee to fairway, tee to green and fairway to green. Plus there the 9th fairway that was no peach. Anyway I have about 18 feet, from 8th green to 9th front tee and about 8 more to the back tee.  The pond on 8 caused more trouble that it was worth, I was adjusting elevations all the way back to the 5th to get that hole proper. Its a long story but the ninth green also comes into view further back. Hind sight being 20/20 I should of started at the pond. But I'm not certain that would of been ok either. However the holes are all accurate from tee to green. There may be a few things off from previous green to next tee, but not a lot off. If we could import the data, it would make things easier, but most importantly placing water at any level would be handy.

But you are right and I'm just making excuses now. Only way around this is start again fresh. Not sure it would help TBH though, read below.

If I just raised the tees and the area behind 8, I would have to raise all of hole 9, hole 9 comes into view off the tee of 7, hole 9 is 4 feet above the 7 fairway, which it is in mine as well, but raising it 12 feet it would look strange from 7, so I would have to raise 7 as well, which then would throw off the elevation for the 8th tee that comes into view from the 7th green and then in turn throw off the elevation from 8 tee to 8 green, and lets not forget the pond and what would happen there. It just circles forever. Not to mention what I would need to do to 6 and 5 and 4. LOL

You touched on the real hard part of doing these things, you have to think about everything, 1 little thing missed just gets exaggerated throughout the course if you want the holes to be accurate.

TBH, nailing all these elevations beyond the hole is likely outside my pay grade. Importing the terrain I think is the only option for outside the hole accuracy. I just cant seem to get the holes and outside the holes accurate together, something always seems to have to give to get accuracy for the hole itself and try and get most of the views of the other holes from other holes looking close to real. 

But I'm still making excuses. I just don't know what I can do, it all seems so very complicated. One of the reasons this takes me so long. I can run in circles around these holes for what seems like days and days and never really get much accomplished trying to nail down a particular view that no one gives a crap about.

Anyhow:

I added the dummy hole next to 1, but made the fairway OB to save adding a tree to block the shortcut, that is not likely attempted in RL but would be an automatic option here. It really gives the hole 1 a new look, much better look than WGT, WGT just made the whole area OB and removed the hole from the view altogether.

Thx for your input, it's appreciated, it really is, really.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 05:47:12 PM by BoomBoom »
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Glen Abbey GC

ks-man

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2016, 08:30:54 PM »
Wow.  Look at all that open space to the left of hole 1.  Just screams for a Red Course  ;)

Looking good BoomBoom.

BoomBoom

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2016, 09:24:44 AM »
Wow.  Look at all that open space to the left of hole 1.  Just screams for a Red Course  ;)

Looking good BoomBoom.
I have not surveyed yet for the what 5 courses on the plot. LOL, that would be awesome though. Not sure how many it will fit.

Moved on to ten now. You all had your chance at a 9 holer.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 09:27:14 AM by BoomBoom »
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Glen Abbey GC

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2016, 09:44:38 AM »

Looking good BoomBoom.
I have not surveyed yet for the what 5 courses on the plot. LOL, that would be awesome though. Not sure how many it will fit.

Moved on to ten now. You all had your chance at a 9 holer.

Once you plop 18 down I'm sure he means that #1 on the red runs right next to 18 black.  It's truly a unique view in golf... you stand on black #1 tee and look left and see Red and look right and see green.  #1 red might be the hardest hole on the property and it shows you exactly what you're in for from a topography standpoint.  TV does not do these places justice in terms of elevation. 

09 open I'm caddying for a guy who'd end up missing the cut by 1... It's wet if you can remember.  We saw people fall down hills and slide 40 feet down lol.

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

space-cash