Oakland Hills Country Club (South Course) RCR~ TGC2 update

• 254 Replies

FRSTDWN

« Reply #240 on: August 31, 2017, 03:34:39 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

What a sad day for TGC fans everywhere. That sucks man I was so looking forward to OH!

How about we all chip in and bribe you to make it? Does not have to be money. Women, booze ....etc.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Royce

« Reply #241 on: August 31, 2017, 04:00:18 PM »
Okay after playing around with this imported version for about 8 hours I've unfortunately/fortunately realized (depending on how you view it) that this course is not going to be worth the time/effort to make it salvageable in TGC2 compared with how much time it would take to completely redo from scratch directly in TGC2.  I am going to consider this a TGC original and my all time favorite from a great game but it dies there.

The good news is I really realized this after spending a few hours seeing how this would plot out starting from scratch with the knowledge of building 2 fully completed courses along with mapping out Pine Valley.  I can safely say I can make this course far superior starting again from a flat plot & in not a lot of extra time, with the advantage of knowing this course like the back of my hand.  I will create a new thread in the future when I have some progress worth showing.

Is the only thing stopping you from directly publishing the fact the meter is full? I think I remember you saying that somewhere.

Cart paths look terrible, need major work smooth out, my fw's could stand to be improved and tearing them up and relaying on an elevated plot would be a nightmare, sculpting needs lots of work and mostly because I can make it much better starting from scratch.  Concessions were made re the static water table and I don't want to get into major elevating of the existing course and I was never quite happy with the way 18 tee shot interacted with 10 fw as an alternative route.
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

Royce

« Reply #242 on: August 31, 2017, 04:01:16 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

What a sad day for TGC fans everywhere. That sucks man I was so looking forward to OH!

How about we all chip in and bribe you to make it? Does not have to be money. Women, booze ....etc.

I'm working on a new version now, it will be much better trust me.

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #243 on: August 31, 2017, 04:10:28 PM »
Would be Nice for someone from HB if there is any reason why courses from TGC1 Drop or flatten when moved into TGC2,or is it lighting make it looks different but to me it seems the course Flattens.

Completely understand Royce's Decision i think unless your the designer it is hard to understand the logic and just release it.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #244 on: August 31, 2017, 04:13:48 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm working on a new version now, it will be much better trust me.

Ohh ok. Good news!
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

superace33

« Reply #245 on: August 31, 2017, 04:46:24 PM »
Okay after playing around with this imported version for about 8 hours I've unfortunately/fortunately realized (depending on how you view it) that this course is not going to be worth the time/effort to make it salvageable in TGC2 compared with how much time it would take to completely redo from scratch directly in TGC2.  I am going to consider this a TGC original and my all time favorite from a great game but it dies there.

The good news is I really realized this after spending a few hours seeing how this would plot out starting from scratch with the knowledge of building 2 fully completed courses along with mapping out Pine Valley.  I can safely say I can make this course far superior starting again from a flat plot & in not a lot of extra time, with the advantage of knowing this course like the back of my hand.  I will create a new thread in the future when I have some progress worth showing.

Is the only thing stopping you from directly publishing the fact the meter is full? I think I remember you saying that somewhere.

Cart paths look terrible, need major work smooth out, my fw's could stand to be improved and tearing them up and relaying on an elevated plot would be a nightmare, sculpting needs lots of work and mostly because I can make it much better starting from scratch.  Concessions were made re the static water table and I don't want to get into major elevating of the existing course and I was never quite happy with the way 18 tee shot interacted with 10 fw as an alternative route.
Seriously what's up with the cart paths. They work out okay at the default width but when you try to minimize them to a reasonable size they look sooo bad and are very difficult to fix. I feel your pain.. most of my imports look like crap because of the paths being ginormous!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

RussWest44

• GroupMember
« Reply #246 on: September 01, 2017, 02:08:17 PM »
So it is unplayable/unpublishable in its state?
Wrong hole Kobe

Royce

« Reply #247 on: September 01, 2017, 06:23:09 PM »
So it is unplayable/unpublishable in its state?

It does not pass my quality control requirements. It's playable, and I can play it in the designer anytime I want but is not to the level where I'd want to publish it for public consumption. Rather start over from scratch and make it awesome like the course deserves.

TGC2 Completed Courses:

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

nittanydouglas

« Reply #248 on: September 10, 2017, 02:13:38 PM »
Boy, that stinks if you have to start from scratch Royce.  I hope there is something you can salvage from your original.  I did not get a chance to play it in tgc1 but saw you videos on youtube....it looked AMAZING.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

RussWest44

• GroupMember
« Reply #249 on: September 10, 2017, 06:29:50 PM »
devs that release lost projects are generally praised. After all we're not paying for it.
Wrong hole Kobe

markglow

« Reply #250 on: September 12, 2017, 10:41:10 PM »
@Royce,

Can we get a status update on the Oakland Hills South Course development?  I am really looking forward to playing it in this game.  I didn't have TGC1, but I specifically searched for Oakland Hills and did not find it, so I am excited that someone is trying to re-create it in TGC2,,, Please let us know when it is done.  Also, thank you for taking the time to create.

Mark
"I should've yelled 2....."

Royce

« Reply #251 on: September 13, 2017, 12:27:03 PM »
@Royce,

Can we get a status update on the Oakland Hills South Course development?  I am really looking forward to playing it in this game.  I didn't have TGC1, but I specifically searched for Oakland Hills and did not find it, so I am excited that someone is trying to re-create it in TGC2,,, Please let us know when it is done.  Also, thank you for taking the time to create.

Mark

I took a bit of a break from the course designer but I'm going to jump back into it starting with this project.  I've spent some time triangulating each of the holes on Google Earth and pre-planning the TGC plot so everything should go smoothly once the itch comes back.

TGC2 Completed Courses:

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

nittanydouglas

« Reply #252 on: October 17, 2017, 03:34:27 PM »
Royce, sending good mojo your way for progress on Oakland Hills. :-)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Royce

« Reply #253 on: October 18, 2017, 01:57:54 PM »

I'll post an update sometime soon hopefully, it's been slow going in the designer after stepping away after finishing Augusta (which by the way was voted course of the year at TGCTours.com!) and actually playing the game for a bit. 

I'll get back into it once the weather finally turns for the worse here in Michigan, I've been spending all of my free time getting as much golf in as possible & catching all the perch.

TGC2 Completed Courses:

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

nittanydouglas

« Reply #254 on: October 18, 2017, 02:04:46 PM »

I'll post an update sometime soon hopefully, it's been slow going in the designer after stepping away after finishing Augusta (which by the way was voted course of the year at TGCTours.com!) and actually playing the game for a bit. 

I'll get back into it once the weather finally turns for the worse here in Michigan, I've been spending all of my free time getting as much golf in as possible & catching all the perch.
Totally understandable!!!

space-cash