Highland Dunes Preview Play

• 16 Replies

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 10:15:05 PM »
Thought the course had a great layout and plenty of variety Nd stunning views.

Difficulty wise, the 3 scores on PS4 are -12, -10 and my -8. I think perhaps a few too many pitch shots in, but all good fun.

There are a few areas that need some sculpting work IMO. The downhill par 5 when you first hit the ocean is very bumpy but smoothing this out takes a lot of time and patience with the softest brushes. I think there are quite a few bunkers that are more arch than bowl in terms of shape, but you have so many it would take forever to get them perfect.

The only other issue is the clubhouse area. In terms of realism it looked fenced in by course to me, I'm sure something could be worked out, would make a big difference to the level of polish IMO.

Overall loved the layout and style.  In parts simply wow! With a bit more work you have a super course on your hands. Well done :)
Full Courses:
Sandy Foot Links (TGCTLive Olympic Entry)
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club
University Links (TGCT 2015 Open Championship)

Rjwils30

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2016, 03:23:46 AM »
Pyates. Really appreciate the feedback. Thanks for playing the course. I fully agree with all
Of your comments. The way the layout panned out I ended up with quite a few shortish par fours on the course that I think the really good players can take advantage of by hitting driver and not laying back. Plus the par fives are all reachable with a favourable wind so there are lots of birdie opportunities out there! Many of the bunkers require some more sculpting however i do want to retain some of the deliberately inverted bunkers as they are intended to look a bit like eroded dunes. Good point about the clubhouse. It was a bit of an after thought and I didn't realize It's completely surrounded by course!....might have to run a secret tunnel below the cliff off 18 and have it only accessible by boat. I will take a look and see if I can connect a road or trail through the holes to make it seem a bit more feasible.

Ill take another go at the course in the next few weeks and hopefully have it ready soon.

Thanks again.
Blue River Dunes GC
Elysian Downs Golf Club
Falling Water Golf Club
Reverand Green Golf Club
Ellie Cliffs
Ollie Heath
The Sandbelt
Ollie Links
New Highland Dunes GC

space-cash