The Golf Club 2 is a reality!

• 114 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« on: June 14, 2016, 10:14:04 AM »
I just read the new Dev Diary and watched the video.... superb job with the presentation and impact of this announcement!  Honestly, I wasn't expecting anything near this level.  What really surprised me the most was not only the new character creator, but the incredible level of detail it seems to entail.  The golf societies/clubs is also a surprise.  Well done HBS, you've just added tons of personality and depth to your game.

I know it's hard to fully describe your new swing mechanic in that short a piece, but this is the aspect of the game new game I'm most looking forward to... well, that and the new reverse angle snap camera landing view option! ;)   Seriously though, you guys have already hit a home run with the way you've hoisted this upon us.... BRILLIANT! 8)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:15:43 AM by jcauthen04 »
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 10:18:19 AM »
Any chance there will be some E3 gameplay videos of The Golf Club 2 shown today?
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 10:22:17 AM »
Any chance there will be some E3 gameplay videos of The Golf Club 2 shown today?
I'm going to do a twitch on Monday, to take everyone through the build

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Errol1967

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 10:24:27 AM »
Great news
PS4: Errol1967

mnguy12000

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 10:24:36 AM »
Awesome!  That is going to be so cool. 
My Courses:
GunFlint Trail GC
Macaw G.C.
Cathedral Pines G.C.
Spruce Harbor G.C.
Evelyn Hills Golf Club
RCR - Chom0nix
Valley Meadows
Breaker's Point GC
WIP RCR Columbia Golf Club, Mpls MN

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 10:29:27 AM »
I know it's hard to fully describe your new swing mechanic in that short a piece, but this is the aspect of the game new game I'm most looking forward to... well, that and the new reverse angle snap camera landing view option! ;)   Seriously though, you guys have already hit a home run with the way you've hoisted this upon us.... BRILLIANT! 8)

As you know, I have the new build and have been playing with the hardest swing.  It is quite challenging!  I am not the greatest TGC player but pretty decent.  My Little Brook scores in TGC1 were usually around -15.  My best so far is 63.

Between the tempo element and the penalty for non-straight swings, it is much tougher.   Even just a tiny bit off a straight line on the cone will have your ball moving off line for sure.  It wasn't on LBM but I was playing a hole that had water on the right of the green.  I honestly felt myself concentrating a lot harder on my swing and actually worried about going in the water, even though I was aiming left of the flag.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 10:29:50 AM »

Awesome... that will be appointment TV!  8)  Again, I've got to commend you and the team for the way you've played this... at the most, I was expecting an add-on DLC that would be something like The Golf Club (Pro), with a new higher risk swing, new golf clubs, and perhaps some new player apparel options.  This is WAAAAAAY beyond expectations.  I'm very impressed!
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Stan Solo

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 10:30:58 AM »

Brilliant   .... look forward to that

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 10:33:31 AM »
As you know, I have the new build and have been playing with the hardest swing.  It is quite challenging!  I am not the greatest TGC player but pretty decent.  My Little Brook scores in TGC1 were usually around -15.  My best so far is 63.

Between the tempo element and the penalty for non-straight swings, it is much tougher.   Even just a tiny bit off a straight line on the cone will have your ball moving off line for sure.  It wasn't on LBM but I was playing a hole that had water on the right of the green.  I honestly felt myself concentrating a lot harder on my swing and actually worried about going in the water, even though I was aiming left of the flag.

You're killin' me with this Keith!  :P :D  It sounds just like what I wanted, at least as an option for this game.  I'm glad to read that the current gameplay will stay intact for those who like it the way it is,  but this opens up a new dimension to players like me, who seek that more realistically scaled swing.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

HB_BrettM

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 10:33:47 AM »

Awesome... that will be appointment TV!  8)  Again, I've got to commend you and the team for the way you've played this... at the most, I was expecting an add-on DLC that would be something like The Golf Club (Pro), with a new higher risk swing, new golf clubs, and perhaps some new player apparel options.  This is WAAAAAAY beyond expectations.  I'm very impressed!

The guys here at HB are seriously the hardest working guys I've ever seen. They tried to blow everyone away, and they really do care about input from the community. They killed it :)

Stan Solo

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 10:36:08 AM »
The guys here at HB are seriously the hardest working guys I've ever seen. They tried to blow everyone away, and they really do care about input from the community. They killed it :)

you have made a lot of people happy in a short space of time    ..well done

SweetTeeBag

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 10:36:28 AM »
Is there a price point for TGC2?

blueorfe

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 10:37:22 AM »
Wow, this is looking superb. Well done to all at HB  :D

I'll be ready and chomping at the bit, when you need beta testers on PC  ;)

I can't wait until Monday to see the early build in action  :)
Steam -  blueorfe
PSN    -   blueorfe

i5 4690k 4.1Ghz
MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
MSI z97 gaming 3
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W
DS4 Controller
Windows 10 pro 64 bit

HGD Twelve Bridges Tournament Edition
HGD Walkers Heath Park

[img]http://i.imgur.com/

Stan Solo

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 10:38:03 AM »
Is there a price point for TGC2?

who cares   ... I give them $100     ;)

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2016, 10:40:37 AM »

I'd say they care about input from the community... every consequential suggestion that's been offered in the last two years seems to be a part of The Golf Club 2... and I'm still doing a double take over this player creator.  I'm thinking I'll be able to not only create a player that looks reasonably like myself, but doesn't wear a hat when he plays golf, like I do IRL  :)  I can't wait to see the new(?) swing animations ;D
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash