The Golf Club 2 is a reality!

• 114 Replies

Gary Best

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 10:41:52 AM »
This is all simply amazing news. Well done to all at HB for their work, and for all the hard work to come.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 10:52:15 AM »
It's going to be tough to wait until the first quarter of next year for this, but it looks like it will be worth the wait!
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

mebby

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 11:03:31 AM »
I know it's hard to fully describe your new swing mechanic in that short a piece, but this is the aspect of the game new game I'm most looking forward to... well, that and the new reverse angle snap camera landing view option! ;)   Seriously though, you guys have already hit a home run with the way you've hoisted this upon us.... BRILLIANT! 8)

As you know, I have the new build and have been playing with the hardest swing.  It is quite challenging!  I am not the greatest TGC player but pretty decent.  My Little Brook scores in TGC1 were usually around -15.  My best so far is 63.

Between the tempo element and the penalty for non-straight swings, it is much tougher.   Even just a tiny bit off a straight line on the cone will have your ball moving off line for sure.  It wasn't on LBM but I was playing a hole that had water on the right of the green.  I honestly felt myself concentrating a lot harder on my swing and actually worried about going in the water, even though I was aiming left of the flag.

This sounds terrific and I love that you guys added a tempo element to the swing. Can't wait to try this out!
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

rdh

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 11:20:18 AM »
I'm glad ea dropped the ball with Rory.  If it had been fantastic and a huge hit, it may have been far harder to get buyin from everyone to invest this big in tgc2.  Based on what I'm seeing...hb will own this space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2016, 11:37:26 AM »
I'm glad ea dropped the ball with Rory.  If it had been fantastic and a huge hit, it may have been far harder to get buyin from everyone to invest this big in tgc2.  Based on what I'm seeing...hb will own this space.

Not having an EA Golf game to go head to head with will be as much of a help for TGC 2, as an not having to compete against with the first one.  The Golf Club now has a more recognizable brand and a new title with all these customizable players, more swing difficulty options, golf clubs/societies, and a more up to date and dynamic career mode is going to put The Golf Club 2 even more into the spotlight, I'd say.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 12:10:20 PM by jcauthen04 »
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

mebby

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2016, 11:46:01 AM »

Not having am EA Golf game to go head to head with will be as much of a help for TGC 2, as an not having to compete against with the first one.  The Golf Club now has a more recognizable brand and a new title with all these customizable players, more swing difficulty options, golf clubs/societies, and a more up to date and dynamic career mode is going to put The Golf Club 2 even more into the spotlight, I'd say.

Agree with this. Two different t games at this point. TGC has always blown EA's offerings out of the water. I'll never forget the first time I played TGC and the joy I had watching the ball launch.  And it's only.gotten better since then.

TGC2 is taking things to the next level. EA remains where they've always been only with improved (but superb) graphics.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

Stein276

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2016, 12:00:42 PM »
It's fine having a beta on pc but this time around it night be prudent to have a beta on console as well.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2016, 12:03:03 PM »
It's fine having a beta on pc but this time around it night be prudent to have a beta on console as well.

I totally agree with this Stein... they've got plenty of time to work this out though, but I think it would be a very wise move to do so.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

mebby

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2016, 12:08:14 PM »

I totally agree with this Stein... they've got plenty of time to work this out though, but I think it would be a very wise move to do so.

An interesting move would be to implement the new swing in TGC1 to go ahead and work the bugs out prior to TGC2 release.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2016, 12:11:56 PM »
An interesting move would be to implement the new swing in TGC1 to go ahead and work the bugs out prior to TGC2 release.

I'd be down for that, although I'd think HBS would have to offer it as an option.  I'd imagine that there a many that are pleased with the swing the way it stands.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2016, 12:17:05 PM »

We can't do that really, it's one of the main decisions to go to TGC2. Although an element of the community want it, most players bought the game for what it is, to change that on them would be unfair

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

mebby

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2016, 12:22:56 PM »

We can't do that really, it's one of the main decisions to go to TGC2. Although an element of the community want it, most players bought the game for what it is, to change that on them would be unfair

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Makes sense. Didn't see it that way originally.

Will the new swing be in your twitch stream?
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2016, 12:31:13 PM »
Not sure what it means But glad to see tees and pins in tournament set up screen.Hopefully can choose which set up you want great for players and designers.

Answered in another thread by HB,seems like you got options in designer for muti-tees and pins great news.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 12:38:28 PM by Yeltzman »

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2016, 12:34:57 PM »
Not sure what it means But glad to see tees and pins in tournament set up screen.Hopefully can choose which set up you want great for players and designers.

I caught that also... I think it bodes well for tournament play.  I want to see everyone's cummulative score up to the current round, not just everyone's score for the current round.  The way the "Tour Tournaments" are set up now, where multiple pin settings are implemented, you only get to see the current round.  It sort of takes the tournament flavor out of it.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Adamhill413

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2016, 12:39:38 PM »
Can we transfer courses from TGC1?
Course Portfolio:
Adam Hill International
Sandy Knee Golf Club
Bushwolf Rise Golf Club
COMING SOON: Shimmering Creek GC