XBox One Scorpio & TGC2

• 81 Replies

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2017, 04:12:40 PM »
Got the TV....just need the Scorpio....

That being said, I'm installing my new GTX 1080 FE tonight and hopefully get a couple hours to play before heading to the airport first thing Monday.....

I've just made the HDR upgrade......being delivered next week,took your advice from another thread & waited for the QLED to be launched.(with the intention to buy the 55")
Although it hasn't got poor reviews the general consensus is it isn't a big improvement from the previous 8000 & 9000 series so I opted for the 2016 model.
Pleased that I waited though because I got a better deal.

Great to hear. The 2016 models are great. I got a helluva price on my 65" 8000 series...

Can't wait til next week to pair it with my new Denon AVR-S920 4K receiver....
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2017, 01:08:18 PM »
If the Scorpio runs this truly at 4K and 60 FPS I'll be soooohappy.

Yeah, some of what I said was wishful thinking.  The Scorpio will no doubt run TGC 2 at 4K; whether it can do it at 60 FPS might be asking for a bit too much.  If it can run it at >45 FPS, in 4K res, I still think it will be fine.

Seeing all those nice TG2 photos has me giddy

I think when you see some TGC 2 video, you're going to be ecstatic :)

Looks like we may find out on April 6th of Xboxs plan which then will allow...if rumors are correct...Digital Foundry to weigh in so that should provide realistic ideas or a basis for HBS to comment on the options later.

It seems that the larger issues HBS ran into were the engine, ESRam and DDr3 moreso than just the Xbox one GPU but I've not been around much.

Did the PS4 pro get upgraded for TGC1?

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2017, 01:20:28 PM »

Yeah, some of what I said was wishful thinking.  The Scorpio will no doubt run TGC 2 at 4K; whether it can do it at 60 FPS might be asking for a bit too much.  If it can run it at >45 FPS, in 4K res, I still think it will be fine.

Looks like we may find out on April 6th of Xboxs plan which then will allow...if rumors are correct...Digital Foundry to weigh in so that should provide realistic ideas or a basis for HBS to comment on the options later.

It seems that the larger issues HBS ran into were the engine, ESRam and DDr3 moreso than just the Xbox one GPU but I've not been around much.

No.
PC

Xbox One X

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2017, 01:39:05 PM »

No.

Ahh I see now

Well that should make the interest in TG2 greater for us console folks

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2017, 03:04:49 PM »
Interesting capabilities of the Scorpio.....

Additionally, it appears that Scorpio will have a sizeable library of 4K games out of the box, due to the "change resilience" features we outlined recently. Games that use dynamic 900p to 1080p resolution scaling on Xbox One (reducing visual quality to remain stable during intensive scenes) will be able to scale all the way up to 4K on Project Scorpio. This should give Project Scorpio the content it needs to be a worthy purchase proposition as soon as it goes on sale in the during the holiday season of 2017.

Very impressive....

http://m.windowscentral.com/forza-motorsport-7-4k-project-scorpio-xbox
PC

Xbox One X

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2017, 06:34:49 PM »

Additionally, it appears that Scorpio will have a sizeable library of 4K games out of the box, due to the "change resilience" features we outlined recently. Games that use dynamic 900p to 1080p resolution scaling on Xbox One (reducing visual quality to remain stable during intensive scenes) will be able to scale all the way up to 4K on Project Scorpio. This should give Project Scorpio the content it needs to be a worthy purchase proposition as soon as it goes on sale in the during the holiday season of 2017.

Very impressive....

Yes it is impressive.

My only question now is

1. Will HBS go with 1080p and max it all out?
2. Will HBS offer a 4K mode (if possible) with setting sliders

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2017, 08:56:45 PM »

Very impressive....

Yes it is impressive.

My only question now is

1. Won't matter as Scorpio is being hyped as upscalling 900p and 1080p to 4K.

2. All based on the market....if there is enough demand, I bet they would.
PC

Xbox One X

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2017, 08:57:59 AM »

Very impressive....

Yes it is impressive.

My only question now is

It matters a lot.  Upscaling isn't the same and high fidelity and higher quality textures.

4K has nothing to do with the market demand as PC, PS4 pro and the new Xbox all support it.  Their entire market has the option to be capable of the resolution now but performance is something else but on Xbox one, the textures are very poor regardless of the resolution so on TGC2, it would be great if the higher end console have some option to take advantage of how things look on their tweet videos and photos from the beta

That's all I'm hoping for (if I'm coming off aggressive ignore it please). I'm just excited and want to discuss my hope for TGC2 for console ...specifically Xbox one Scorpio

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2017, 09:15:26 AM »

Very impressive....

Yes it is impressive.

My only question now is

It matters a lot.  Upscaling isn't the same and high fidelity and higher quality textures.

4K has nothing to do with the market demand as PC, PS4 pro and the new Xbox all support it.  Their entire market has the option to be capable of the resolution now but performance is something else but on Xbox one, the textures are very poor regardless of the resolution so on TGC2, it would be great if the higher end console have some option to take advantage of how things look on their tweet videos and photos from the beta

That's all I'm hoping for (if I'm coming off aggressive ignore it please). I'm just excited and want to discuss my hope for TGC2 for console ...specifically Xbox one Scorpio

No worries, I feel the same, just giving my opinion....
PC

Xbox One X

FRSTDWN

« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2017, 01:59:03 PM »
From what I have read it sounds like the Scorpio is better than the PS4 pro. I do not know all the lingo but it does sound really awesome if we can play games in 4k. Like the article I read said having great hardware is good but unless you have good software to go with it then it doesnt matter. So it will depend on the game devs to come up with the products at the end of the day.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2017, 02:02:05 PM »
From what I have read it sounds like the Scorpio is better than the PS4 pro. I do not know all the lingo but it does sound really awesome if we can play games in 4k. Like the article I read said having great hardware is good but unless you have good software to go with it then it doesnt matter. So it will depend on the game devs to come up with the products at the end of the day.

Specs wise and with upcoming software and developer tools it's better than the PS4 pro but to be honest it could just be a situation where there's just more headroom.

I'm not sure developers are going to spend a lot more time other than what's offered for the PS4 pro so my hope is that PS4 pro and Scorpio options provide settings ....

Then again if developers see a lot more opportunity those of us who buy one may be in for a treat due to direct x12 Dev tools and processing

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2017, 01:38:37 PM »
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/new-product/game/xbox-scorpio-latest-rumours-release-date-uk-price-specs-3647506/

Wow... the Scorpio looks like it's going to be a 'good bit 'o kit'!!  I had no idea there were going to be able to boost and in some cases enhance existing XBox One games to the extent mentioned in this piece!

I'd imagine that HBS is coding the XBox One version of The Golf Club 2 to where it will take advantage of all the bells and whistles of the Scorpio when it's released.  I would imagine the XBox One SDK's are already revised to facilitate that?
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2017, 02:28:14 PM »
One thing I just learned is you need a 4 k receiver with 2.2 HDCP  and 2.0 HDMI ports if you run everything through your reciever to your tv. If not your reciever can not handle 4 k. My pioneer was awesome in it's day but I am going to have to upgrade to a newer one. Obviously if you go straight to your tv then this is a non issue.

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

FRSTDWN

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2017, 09:52:11 PM »
So I got a new Denon reciever today. Wanted to stay with Pioneer but best buy doesn't carry it anymore. Anyways holy poop I had no idea what newer receivers can do now. This thing has a ton of bells and whistles. Pumped to hook it up tomorrow and see what she can do.

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

space-cash