McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2016, 07:55:30 AM »
I want a waterfall on the green.

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2016, 08:01:15 AM »
I want a waterfall on the green.

A small one, horseshoe shaped,where the only shot is from one direction...oh wait, that's minigolf.

Nobody get upset please, just having a bit o' fun seeing as we have to wait about a year anyways.

I'm sure there are some good designers with a decent waterfall in mind.

rdh

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2016, 10:10:13 AM »
YES!  MY MINIGOLF THEME FINALLY!  These almost always have a waterfall or two, so we're partway there now...just need the objects!

(I'm only half kidding here people)

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2016, 10:21:08 AM »
Must have a windmill under buildings or I'm not buying.

HB_Paul

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2016, 10:45:43 AM »
I tell Jim once every week or so that we need a mini-golf style windmill (and a clowns mouth) prop for the courses. 

Ramjet36

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2016, 10:58:21 AM »
Will some people overuse waterfalls on their courses?  I am sure that they will.  I for one, however, am determined to always have at least 4 or even 5 holes on each course that do NOT have a waterfall.  Don't want to overdo.

I  have started planning  for my first hole, however.  Just a little par 5 running along a cliff face. 

Courses created:   PS4  ID:  RAMJET-36
Peppers Point
Lamp Lighter Harbor

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2016, 11:06:29 AM »
Sarcasm...... I like it.   What I'm really curious about is exactly how these are going to work.
Are they going to be stock objects which can be resized and need to be "fit in"?  Or are they (hopefully) going to be the result of running water going over user created terrain?
I would greatly prefer the latter making each one unique.
Also, a question for HB?  Are there going to be any urban backdrops available with buildings in the distant background?  This would be something else which would be awesome.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

rdh

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2016, 11:47:44 AM »
I tell Jim once every week or so that we need a mini-golf style windmill (and a clowns mouth) prop for the courses.

It needs to be a theme!  All the gimmicky stuff in one fun theme, including boards we can lay down to form the boundaries for the holes.  I use retaining walls and sink the land so only the edge board is visible right now, but it's far from ideal (can't have elevation changes).  Plus the physics need some work...the ball thuds into the boards in a dead way currently...needs more bounce/spring.

No time should be spent on this as part of the initial release of TGC2, but I would love to see DLC later to add this theme.

rdh

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2016, 11:49:02 AM »
Sarcasm...... I like it.   What I'm really curious about is exactly how these are going to work.
Are they going to be stock objects which can be resized and need to be "fit in"?  Or are they (hopefully) going to be the result of running water going over user created terrain?
I would greatly prefer the latter making each one unique.
Also, a question for HB?  Are there going to be any urban backdrops available with buildings in the distant background?  This would be something else which would be awesome.

Better/more flexible options on backdrops (including urban) have been discussed/requested a ton...so i'll be disappointed if this isn't addressed in some way.

Colinmafia

• Maker of Enjoyable Easy to play RCR look-a-likies
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2016, 05:54:46 PM »
Went to bed dreaming of trickling water on Valhalla had to use the bathroom Lol

space-cash