Course Designer (Paint Surfaces rather than tile placement)

• 3 Replies

crsthebored2

« on: June 14, 2016, 08:15:46 PM »
Already posted this on the original game's thread, but it would be awesome to see it in The Golf Club 2, if it doesn't make it in to the first one.

I would really like to see an option where you could paint surfaces (do a click and hold to paint a large area with a small brush) rather than having the surfaces placed like stickers or tiles. I think it would make designing smooth corners and intricate details a lot easier. Not sure how possible it would be, but if it's at all possible it would really make it more user friendly to make your own fairways, greens and rough.

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 08:17:29 PM »
If I understand what you are saying properly then you can already do that now
TGC 2019 Courses :
Real Club Valderrama
The Belfry - The Brabazon
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Valle de los Reyes (Ballesteros) - with Scarpacci
TGC1/TGC2 Courses created :
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort
Herons' Reach Golf Links

Reppdogg

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 08:35:58 PM »
I personally still prefer the old designer in GBC where you could draw out the shape and then adjust the points on it to get the detail you wanted. Gave you much more control over designing and made complex shapes much easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 08:00:48 AM »
I personally still prefer the old designer in GBC where you could draw out the shape and then adjust the points on it to get the detail you wanted. Gave you much more control over designing and made complex shapes much easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ahhh. the old move your vortexes around, add one here, take one from there, lift and drop. Does make for pretty landscapes.

The click and hold to paint exists but I would like to see a fading of the edges in some cases.

IRL edges aren't always so defined as they are in this game. 

Not faded so much that things blur together

Like what taste says in this thread - http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=15753.0 (some great ideas there)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 08:02:32 AM by Dusty Roads »

space-cash