maybe some suggestions on what I am looking at

• 11 Replies

Thrangar

« on: June 14, 2016, 02:29:12 PM »
Anybody know what the colored boxes are on the left side under the group heading?

and is that my age next to the heart 42? and rounds played above it?

Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 02:33:01 PM »
That will be the other players in your group for that round

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

chrashbird

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 02:51:15 PM »
I'm curious as to how Pins and Tees will work. Will the designer give options on where to place them or whomever creates the event can place wherever they want?

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 03:02:31 PM »
Guessing the heart will be "likes" ?
"We don't see that on our end"

chrashbird

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 09:26:52 PM »
Just had a thought after reading this again from the Dev Diary:

◾a) Swing – we’re currently looking at a 3 level swing mechanic. The easy level will very much be based off of what we have now, but with tempo added and a distance reduction, Hard will be very punishing if in any way off centre and the tempo isn’t correct but when it’s good you will get a considerably further distance. Doing this gives us the variation we want, the difficulty some want and brings in the actual point of multiple tees.

Is the "Tees" tab to indicate which difficulty you want to play at? Choose "Easy" and you play the round from the forward tees? That's the only thing I can think of what "brings in the actual point of multiple tees" means?

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 11:50:53 PM »
Tees have to be disconnected from "swing".

If golf games look at how golf actually works it usually ends up fine. If not - tatters.

Oswinner

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 01:31:20 AM »
This gets me all giddy with excitement.

With the tees and pins option it would seem designers can assign multi-pins and multi-tees to just one course now? Awesome, keep it all nice and tidy.

I'm guessing/hoping swing will be disconnected from tees. It would just be more advisable to stick to the forward tees if you can only manage the easy swing difficulty yes? If the designer creates a set of forward tees of course.

Will there be different handicap/slope ratings for easier set of tees? I should hope so. With these new difficulty swing modes in the game the handicap system can get taken to the next level now, back tees will play tougher and the handicap/slope rating should be higher because of it :-)
LSG Tour (Legend Sim Golf Tour) - The Toughest Test of Video Golf!

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 06:24:56 AM »
Multi tees and swing options seem to be very much best friends to me.

Imagine playing in the top tours on the longest tees, sure you might hit it straighter with the 'easy' settings but you will be hitting 3 wood into greens and will struggle to hold them... I see this like a beginner using a more forgiving club IRL and you'd never put a beginner on the back tees.  I imagine the top tour players will naturally be using the 'hard' settings which will allow them to tame the longer courses but with the obvious higher risk involved, perhaps with a consideration for using the medium settings on shorter tour courses (assuming we are allowed to choose and TGCTours don't force us to use 1 setting, which I wouldn't be against tbh).

Additionally multi tees will not only be easy to manage/organise as a designer but it will up the variance in terms of landing area and courses will suddenly play more like a proper golf course where we don't really know how far the golfer on the tee will hit it and have to consider all levels of ability/settings/tees.  Love that :)

Full Courses:
Sandy Foot Links (TGCTLive Olympic Entry)
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club
University Links (TGCT 2015 Open Championship)

tastegw

• GroupMember
  • only on tuesdays
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 06:59:32 AM »
the 42 is your handicap! :D
i will....

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 08:11:34 AM »
As to tees. Do we choose which tee we want to use when in a tourney or is it based on skill level?

Thrangar

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 05:21:36 PM »
Guessing the heart will be "likes" ?

well that makes more sense than anything I can come up with.

Tees will not be attached to swing goes against all the reasons they are choosing to do TGC2

They made numerous statements about player created competitions, I believe the tees that are available for that competition will chosen by the creator of said competition
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 11:33:06 AM »
I personally would want the TEES and SWING difficulty to be independent from each other.  You can select whichever one you want separately.

The tour will play Par 4's UP to increase risk reward on different days of tournaments.

I would also like to see green speed and firmness added to the selection process of courses.  There are many courses that are fantastically designed but since they were released for TGCTours play they are setup too hard for many or just not enjoyable for the average round!

This must, I repeat must be added.....I know it's just copying the competitor but it really needs to be implemented.

EDIT:  I think I would even be ok (I'm guessing most would be too) if we could change the settings for firmness, speed etc...and have the round not count for/against our records etc.....  I don't think many care about those things...so if that's so important to HB keep those as it would be hard to implement this option and keep track of records (you'd have a record for each setup, no go)  But allowing players to play a course like they want to ENJOY it would be great!  I know I've seen many posts over the last year about the best courses that have been designed for tournament play (let's admit most are trying for that now a day's...as that's how they get exposure) but are not playable/enjoyable by the average player.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:39:21 AM by StormGolf73 »
StormGolf73 on PC and XB1

My Courses
TPC Four Seasons - Coming
Bay Hill Club & Lodge - RCR
Trump National Philadelphia - RCR
Southern Hills Country Club - RCR
Galveston Country Club - RCR
The DC Golf Club - Design Contest
The Wicklow Hollow Golf Club
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR