What are you most excited about in TGC2?

• 49 Replies

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 07:12:36 PM »
The swing mechanic and more tee/pin options are by far the most important for me.
Unless they can sort out the multiplayer shot consistency though, so that everyone sees what actually happened each shot then I doubt that TGC2 will convert me as I do all my playing in multiplayer. TGC is a joke in multiplayer because of this problem.
It's the joke that allows us to have 100,000 courses on console. It's the Hut we have to take for that.
We are constantly looking at ways to improve it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Acrilix

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 08:01:42 PM »
The swing mechanic and more tee/pin options are by far the most important for me.
Unless they can sort out the multiplayer shot consistency though, so that everyone sees what actually happened each shot then I doubt that TGC2 will convert me as I do all my playing in multiplayer. TGC is a joke in multiplayer because of this problem.
It's the joke that allows us to have 100,000 courses on console. It's the Hut we have to take for that.

I can understand that, but it really was what made me move on to another game....more than the predictable tee to green play, because I found it an enjoyment killer when we weren't sharing our experiences, which is what multiplayer is all about, for me.
I guess this means that TGC2 will be the same then.  :(
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 08:03:40 PM by Acrilix »
My last 7 courses (newest first):
Binyon Peak
McGonagall Golf Club
Lovelace Bay
Swinburne Forest GC
Brackenridge Nine by Acrilix
Drayton Lakes
Chudleigh Golf Club

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2016, 08:46:35 PM »
Playing it without assists and getting some realistic golf (hopefully).

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 08:16:42 AM »
Practice mode.

Will it also be available for playing on courses?

zarlyy

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2016, 09:06:15 AM »
This caught my eye "You’ll be able to now design courses with multi-level water, crowd placement, lots of new stuff to place as well as lots of new tools to make life easier for the designers out there."

"crowd placement" does this mean spectators will be in the game? walking around? this would be great.

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2016, 09:43:25 AM »

You still don't get it

99,000 of those courses are garbage that no one ever plays

You see it as a marketing stat meanwhile your customers see it as a negative

I've never seen anyone say they like this game due to all the autogen courses

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

rdh

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2016, 09:57:03 AM »
The other 1,000 are pretty awesome...that's where the value lies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anthony Kyne

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2016, 09:58:43 AM »

You still don't get it

99,000 of those courses are garbage that no one ever plays

You see it as a marketing stat meanwhile your customers see it as a negative

I've never seen anyone say they like this game due to all the autogen courses
So we've got over 1,000 courses you want to play. You still couldn't do that on console without the system we created

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2016, 10:04:14 AM »
Those 1,000 are awesome but let's make sure the people responsible for that accomplishment are recognized.  It's the community, not you guys :)  You made it possible but the community took the ball and ran farther than you guys ever would have.

The problem is the 99,000 have weeds so high it's tough to find the 1,000 good ones

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

Anthony Kyne

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2016, 10:16:20 AM »
Those 1,000 are awesome but let's make sure the people responsible for that accomplishment are recognized.  It's the community, not you guys :)  You made it possible but the community took the ball and ran farther than you guys ever would have.

The problem is the 99,000 have weeds so high it's tough to find the 1,000 good ones
I don't think we've ever not given the designers the credit.
All I'm pointing out is that generating the courses on the machine rather than a file means that we can pass data around easily but the knock on is that in some occasions the ball doesn't land in the same place on 2 different machines.

Re: Apple has the same problem with the app store. But we're looking at ways to promote the good courses

BoomBoom

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2016, 02:12:46 PM »
I'm kind of looking forward to the hard swing, but I'm afraid it will be some watered down mess by the time the year is up to appease the people who just wont get it, won't practice it, won't try it, won't like it, will ask for it to be easier so they can continue to birdie every hole.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2016, 03:04:15 PM »
I'm kind of looking forward to the hard swing, but I'm afraid it will be some watered down mess by the time the year is up to appease the people who just wont get it, won't practice it, won't try it, won't like it, will ask for it to be easier so they can continue to birdie every hole.

For those who don't get it or wont' practice until they do, I read the Diary to say that there will be two other swing difficulties, one of which will be comparable to what we have now.  I'd say players will have a far better chance of finding a challenge that suits their skills with what they've got planned, than what we now have.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2016, 03:12:54 PM »

For those who don't get it or wont' practice until they do, I read the Diary to say that there will be two other swing difficulties, one of which will be comparable to what we have now.  I'd say players will have a far better chance of finding a challenge that suits their skills with what they've got planned, than what we now have.
Exactly...why cant people read up on things before they post comments..so many post without reading what has already been said..

Mellow_Swe

• GroupMember
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2016, 04:36:24 PM »
I'm liking all the new features so far, especially the new swing to introduce a little more variance.
Also hope the keyboard mappings for PC in the designer gets an overhaul.
New designer features look great!

One thing I saw in the announcement video that I'm hoping will change is the wind meter.
I think it would be so much better to have a range, like 0-5 mph, 5-10 mph, etc, rather than an exact number.
It wouldn't hurt the average player much but it would stop the number crunchers from calculating the exact effect of the wind.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2016, 09:14:01 PM »
I'm liking all the new features so far, especially the new swing to introduce a little more variance.
Also hope the keyboard mappings for PC in the designer gets an overhaul.
New designer features look great!

One thing I saw in the announcement video that I'm hoping will change is the wind meter.
I think it would be so much better to have a range, like 0-5 mph, 5-10 mph, etc, rather than an exact number.
It wouldn't hurt the average player much but it would stop the number crunchers from calculating the exact effect of the wind.

So true, and making the game more realistic at the same time.

space-cash