What are you most excited about in TGC2?

• 49 Replies

mebby

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2016, 12:06:06 AM »
Those 1,000 are awesome but let's make sure the people responsible for that accomplishment are recognized.  It's the community, not you guys :)  You made it possible but the community took the ball and ran farther than you guys ever would have.

The problem is the 99,000 have weeds so high it's tough to find the 1,000 good ones

Go away....

He's got a decent point actually.  Although, I do find that TGC's "Recommended Courses" point me to some good courses to add to my favorites so it's not THAT hard to find the good ones.  And I know TGC Tours does a good job of finding the gems but the casual user likely won't find that site.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I'm watchin' you.
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2016, 12:36:26 AM »
k, now that this has been kinda brought up...i may have missed this, not sure...
say, i have 20 designers and i want to port 1 course from each designer to tgc2..

will i still be able to access all the other courses that they have designed in tgc? or, do i just get that 1 course...

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2016, 01:27:23 AM »
k, now that this has been kinda brought up...i may have missed this, not sure...
say, i have 20 designers and i want to port 1 course from each designer to tgc2..

will i still be able to access all the other courses that they have designed in tgc? or, do i just get that 1 course...

You don't "port" other peoples courses. The desinger decides and ports any of his/her courses when the time comes.

From what I understand.

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I'm watchin' you.
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2016, 01:42:59 AM »
Whatever, what i am asking ...in my less than techie dialogue.....the question, still seems relevant....

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2016, 02:13:59 AM »
Only the course that gets ported over.  If a designer has 20 courses in TGC1 and they only port over the course named "XYZ", you would only be able to play "XYZ" in TGC2.

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I'm watchin' you.

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2016, 07:42:59 AM »
Whatever, what i am asking ...in my less than techie dialogue.....the question, still seems relevant....

McBogga said the same thing Keith did.

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2016, 09:49:27 AM »
Societies..we already have a great one with C.U.C.C.  hope we can continue as a society in the new game.

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2016, 10:06:08 AM »
1) societies
2) new swing mech
3) easier non friend MP
4) new game modes  EX. 4 ball /alt/ stroke/ you get the idea

you may have just did it out of habbit, but if you didn't know 4 BALL is already in the game.  I play it maybe once a week!  It's a slow round but fun!  I think Alternate shot will help quite a bit.  As it will be more like a twosome time frame with all four players!  Really hope this gets in the game.
StormGolf73 on PC and XB1

My Courses
TPC Four Seasons - Coming
Bay Hill Club & Lodge - RCR
Trump National Philadelphia - RCR
Southern Hills Country Club - RCR
Galveston Country Club - RCR
The DC Golf Club - Design Contest
The Wicklow Hollow Golf Club
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2016, 10:07:45 AM »
Interested in how the math darting has been handled.

And then everything else mentioned above lol.

I think after watching some PG vid's....I'd like to see the option or maybe permanently REMOVE the aiming reticle as well.  Would help make things a bit more varied as well.

My Courses
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2016, 10:16:26 AM »
The swing mechanic and more tee/pin options are by far the most important for me.
Unless they can sort out the multiplayer shot consistency though, so that everyone sees what actually happened each shot then I doubt that TGC2 will convert me as I do all my playing in multiplayer. TGC is a joke in multiplayer because of this problem.
It's the joke that allows us to have 100,000 courses on console. It's the Hut we have to take for that.
We are constantly looking at ways to improve it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You still don't get it

99,000 of those courses are garbage that no one ever plays

You see it as a marketing stat meanwhile your customers see it as a negative

I've never seen anyone say they like this game due to all the autogen courses
So we've got over 1,000 courses you want to play. You still couldn't do that on console without the system we created

BOOM goes the dynamite!  just kidding....

I think if there was a way to FILTER AutoGen courses from search it might help.  I don't think we need to not allow autogen...I'm sure there are some out there that enjoy that type of golf and they can autogen the heck out of courses and play till their fingers are numb.  But many of us want designer courses, sweat blood and tears (many in some cases...lol) to be the ones we look for.  So if there was a way to FILTER out a course that had been AUTOGEN even if they changed everything about it once it was genn'd might help.  Not sure the reproductions on that approach but something to consider.

Now is the time to change how courses and filters and such are looked at since everything in the game will start from scratch so to speak (as it relates to the course library, as I understand it).

My Courses
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2016, 10:24:24 AM »
Imagine an autogen'd course with everything turned up max (water, trees, hills) 200 foot waterfalls and tiny little greens 1/2 underwater with lakes all over the place.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2016, 12:21:21 PM »
The swing mechanic and more tee/pin options are by far the most important for me.
Unless they can sort out the multiplayer shot consistency though, so that everyone sees what actually happened each shot then I doubt that TGC2 will convert me as I do all my playing in multiplayer. TGC is a joke in multiplayer because of this problem.
It's the joke that allows us to have 100,000 courses on console. It's the Hut we have to take for that.
We are constantly looking at ways to improve it

You still don't get it

99,000 of those courses are garbage that no one ever plays

You see it as a marketing stat meanwhile your customers see it as a negative

I've never seen anyone say they like this game due to all the autogen courses
So we've got over 1,000 courses you want to play. You still couldn't do that on console without the system we created

BOOM goes the dynamite!  just kidding....

I think if there was a way to FILTER AutoGen courses from search it might help.  I don't think we need to not allow autogen...I'm sure there are some out there that enjoy that type of golf and they can autogen the heck out of courses and play till their fingers are numb.  But many of us want designer courses, sweat blood and tears (many in some cases...lol) to be the ones we look for.  So if there was a way to FILTER out a course that had been AUTOGEN even if they changed everything about it once it was genn'd might help.  Not sure the reproductions on that approach but something to consider.

Now is the time to change how courses and filters and such are looked at since everything in the game will start from scratch so to speak (as it relates to the course library, as I understand it).

One quite simle way would be to have "verified" courses. one week after release an e-mail is sent to the designer requiring them to go to a web page and enter a code corresponding to their course (have to log on the game and check). After entering this code the course is "verified". Then just ad a filter check box to only search among these verified courses.

How many auto-gens will take the time to verify?

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2016, 08:44:04 AM »
Interested in how the math darting has been handled.

And then everything else mentioned above lol.

I think after watching some PG vid's....I'd like to see the option or maybe permanently REMOVE the aiming reticle as well.  Would help make things a bit more varied as well.
We have that in tgc1, I never play with a reticule

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2016, 09:16:23 AM »
No aids TGC golf is actually a lot of fun. Not easy at all.

space-cash