IS IT MONDAY STREAM TIME YET!

• 20 Replies

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« on: June 17, 2016, 10:20:43 AM »
Honestly though....the weekend here in Oklahoma with my two regular rounds of real golf is going to be excruciatingly long looking forward to seeing GAMEPLAY of the latest TGC2 Build! 

Good news is it's Fathers day (Happy Fathers Day to anyone out there celebrating) and I'll be spending time with my two boys and watching the US Open so time will go quicker than expected I'm sure!

What time is the stream scheduled for...so I can tell the boss I'll be taking a "long lunch" lol!
StormGolf73 on PC and XB1

My Courses
TPC Four Seasons - Coming
Bay Hill Club & Lodge - RCR
Trump National Philadelphia - RCR
Southern Hills Country Club - RCR
Galveston Country Club - RCR
The DC Golf Club - Design Contest
The Wicklow Hollow Golf Club
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

TheHack

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 01:39:40 PM »
Any other dedicated players feel let down by having to wait another week after the anouncement to see any actual gameplay.If anything we should have had first view. yea I know its only 2 more days now but I question that decision to make the actual players wait another week. ...HB please change your strategy for anouncements.. the current one has failed, I feel less excited now and let down. at least Oakmont is on this weekend.

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 01:48:53 PM »
Any other dedicated players feel let down by having to wait another week after the anouncement to see any actual gameplay.If anything we should have had first view. yea I know its only 2 more days now but I question that decision to make the actual players wait another week. ...HB please change your strategy for anouncements.. the current one has failed, I feel less excited now and let down. at least Oakmont is on this weekend.
Mate, what can we do?
Announcing at E3 gives us maximum exposure, which in turn means I'm out of the office doing press all week.
The day I'm back I'm doing a twitch to make sure everyone will see the build I took with me.
I put out an extensive Dev Diary and a detailed trailer the second it was announced to press, so you guys basically got the news from us first.
And on every possible free moment I've had, I've communicated with you guys on here.

Tell me what other studio that made an announcement of a game release at the last few E3s that have even done what we've do so far let alone will see me playing a build in such an early pre alpha state?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 02:16:22 PM »

The only thing I feel let down by is the so-called "journalists", especially those who are of the sports game ilk, milling about and stopping by The Golf Club 2 booth, and not giving a report on their reactions to at least the new swing interface.  I know I saw a show goer with a controller in hand at the TGC 2 kiosk.  While there may not have been much new in the way of visuals to share, they could have at least taken a stab at a subjective report on how it felt.

Anthony, were there any restrictions on media people videoing or even grabbing direct video of the TGC 2 build you had on display at E3?  I'm just curious; I've never been to an E3 or CES although I had credentials to at one time.

I think we'll get a ton of information on Monday, although I won't be able to see it live.  In the end though, the facet of this game that's going to speak the loudest is how the swing interface actually feels and engages my senses.  The only way I'm going to find that out is to experience it myself, although I can get a pretty good idea of what I can expect through reading descriptions.  I hate to keep using a competing product for an illustration, but it definitely applies here... I can't look at a video of someone swinging a club in JNPG with a thumbstick and have it convey to me the sensation of what it actually feels like... it's not even close!  If TGC 2's new interface is as sensually refined as I suspect it might be, it'll be no easier to convey through words or video either.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Anthony Kyne

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 02:26:22 PM »
We had no restrictions, it was quite disappointing the lack of journalists that came looking for tgc2 and had good knowledge of TGC1.
Matthew Kato is the exception to that. He organised a special personal showing for nearly an hour going over each feature improvement in depth. It was a real pleasure showing it too him.

It's one of the reasons for partnering with maximum games though. They know how to get the press interested so I'm hoping for more reviews and previews this time around

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

smoknpirate

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 02:46:58 PM »
Mate, what can we do?

Bottom line is nothing more. You are never going to please everyone, but I think y'all are doing a great job of pleasing most. Keep it up. I'm excited about the future of TGC.
My best courses

-Tanami Desert Links
-El Tesoro Piratas Golf Club
-William's Landing
-BlackBird Creek Golf Links
-TPC Carolina
-Spanish Oaks Golf Club
-Harbour Pointe
-TideWater Plantation

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 03:56:03 PM »
We had no restrictions, it was quite disappointing the lack of journalists that came looking for tgc2 and had good knowledge of TGC1.

That is disappointing to hear... were they just so fixated with AAA titles that they overlooked TGC 2?  I know one thing, if Digital Sportspage was still in business and I was still its Managing Editor, you'd have had to run me off with a stick!  You'd also have a full front page spread loaded with feature rundowns, videos, subjective opinions of the swing interface, and a descriptive previews of the cosmetic and feature additions to come!

Matthew Kato is the exception to that. He organised a special personal showing for nearly an hour going over each feature improvement in depth. It was a real pleasure showing it too him.

I'm embarrassed to say I'm not familiar with Matthew Kato; maybe I'd better rectify that.  Has he published a piece on the game yet?

It's one of the reasons for partnering with maximum games though. They know how to get the press interested so I'm hoping for more reviews and previews this time around

I hope that partnership works out for you guys.  I like the vibe I'm getting from Maximum games; they seem to be on the same wavelength as HB Studios  8)
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

bigtee

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 04:29:56 PM »
Not remotely let down. More appreciative that they intend to share plans at this stage. They don't have to, but do in part due to peoples enthusiasm. That's my guess.

TheHack

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 04:53:59 PM »
Mate, what can we do?

Well now that I've already screwed the pooch on any chance of getting into any kind of beta with my comment that got directly answered by Anthony I will decline a responce to the reply "What can we do mate" just in case:)

I do agree with jcauthen04 at least expecting a reporter to report on it during E3 and maybe some gameplay video from them.. but for days nothing. I found the report that Kato did
http://www.gameinformer.com/themes/blogs/generic/post.aspx?WeblogApp=playstation4&y=2016&m=06&d=17&WeblogPostName=the-golf-club-2&GroupKeys=games/the_golf_club_2/

that was released on friday, there are a few interesting tidbits in there. I guess I set my expectation to high for what info we would have been shown at anouncement time and I did not expect to have to wait another week after all the hype about "This time next week"

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2016, 05:20:34 PM »
I found the report that Kato did
http://www.gameinformer.com/themes/blogs/generic/post.aspx?WeblogApp=playstation4&y=2016&m=06&d=17&WeblogPostName=the-golf-club-2&GroupKeys=games/the_golf_club_2/

that was released on friday, there are a few interesting tidbits in there. I guess I set my expectation to high for what info we would have been shown at anouncement time and I did not expect to have to wait another week after all the hype about "This time next week"

I did a brief search for Matthew Kato and found he was affiliated with Game Informer, but I didn't dig into the website long enough to find that article... thanks for linking it.  At least Matthew makes mention of the tempoed swing and that it was more difficult to master.  What I'm not quite sure how to take is this comment from Matthew:

"Furthermore, The Golf Club 2 adds three sets of clubs of the normal, pro, and tour varieties that will vary in how easy they are to hit with versus the distance and accuracy you'll get out of them."

This makes it sound like some of the difficulty will be derived from the level of clubs for which you opt.  I'm not saying I'm opposed to that as I can see how it would work.  It also helps me see how HB Studios is keeping with their 'one swing for all' philosophy.  Apparently now that the tempo will be scaled to the risk level of the club set you've chosen, but there will be a tempo component to all club sets?  I'm being a little presumptuous here... anyone else see it this way?
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2016, 05:34:56 PM »
Just guessing here, but maybe the different club sets will have shafts like Senior flex (Normal), Stiff flex (Pro) and Tour flex (Tour).  ???

-MERACE

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2016, 06:09:04 PM »
Just guessing here, but maybe the different club sets will have shafts like Senior flex (Normal), Stiff flex (Pro) and Tour flex (Tour).  ???

Yes, that would work... I believe we've seen a precedent for that before somewhere ;)
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

SweetTeeBag

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2016, 06:11:16 PM »
For those who don't know Matthew Kato is "The" sports guy for Game Informer and they are 4th largest subscription magazine is the US at 7.5 million. Getting him for an extended amount of time is awesome news for TGC2 as a whole.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_magazines_by_circulation

Haymaker Snoopy

• golf-beta
    • The GP Golf Report
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2016, 06:20:07 PM »

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm a journalist as well (Used to be with Fox Sports Network, now on my own), I would have loved to have visited your booth and interviewed you guys as well as check out the game.

I had a radio show. If I still had it, I would've had you guys call in to talk about TGC 2.

Too bad I couldn't make it. My site's not popular but any little exposure counts.

Glad Matt K was there. He's always been one of my  favorite writers in the sports/sports gaming world.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 06:21:41 PM by Haymaker Snoopy »

Silver Dome Award Winning Golf Blog: ThePunchbowlGolf.com

All of my courses are nine-holers:

TGC at Diamond Lake
The Nine at Black Pines
Sheep Villiage Golf Course
Pitch & Putt at Algonquin Park
Genesis Island Golf Course

Go White Sox.

Anthony Kyne

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2016, 06:24:40 PM »
Mate, what can we do?

Well now that I've already screwed the pooch on any chance of getting into any kind of beta with my comment that got directly answered by Anthony I will decline a responce to the reply "What can we do mate" just in case:)

I do agree with jcauthen04 at least expecting a reporter to report on it during E3 and maybe some gameplay video from them.. but for days nothing. I found the report that Kato did

I think you need to understand we're still 10/11 months away. Not many other titles announced at E3 this week are coming out as late as ours.
The only reason to announce was so we could start talking about the game with you guys, it took a lot of persuasion to get maximum to agree as it takes a lot away from the marketing build up.
To us the community is no1 priority and that's why we've announced

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

space-cash