never
1 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 65

When will you buy TGC 2?

• 32 Replies

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2016, 08:29:54 AM »
I have a shortlist of improvements I need to see from the original TGC before purchasing the new game.
Which are?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Gasman

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2016, 12:30:28 PM »
I have a shortlist of improvements I need to see from the original TGC before purchasing the new game.
Which are?

Tuesday's blog covers a lot of what I'm looking for to be honest,lots of good features incoming.
If TGC2 isn't a step up visually I'll find it hard to part with my money,I have been on that rinse repeat road for over 10 years with EA's golf games.(I find in TGC all the textures & assets look good but the blending from one surface to another is to defined).Taste made a great post explaining this.
I'm interested to see how societies are implemented & whether it will have the same negative affect that country clubs had in EA's games.
Career related I would like to see a developer incorporate online events into career to overcome the repition & predictability of AI.
At the end of the day It's HB's project not mine,if I like the overall look of the finished game I will be first in line to buy it.

Anthony Kyne

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2016, 12:51:21 PM »
Which are?

Tuesday's blog covers a lot of what I'm looking for to be honest,lots of good features incoming.
If TGC2 isn't a step up visually I'll find it hard to part with my money,I have been on that rinse repeat road for over 10 years with EA's golf games.(I find in TGC all the textures & assets look good but the blending from one surface to another is to defined).Taste made a great post explaining this.
I'm interested to see how societies are implemented & whether it will have the same negative affect that country clubs had in EA's games.
Career related I would like to see a developer incorporate online events into career to overcome the repition & predictability of AI.
At the end of the day It's HB's project not mine,if I like the overall look of the finished game I will be first in line to buy it.
So we're doing some big changes with the graphics. We're using photogrammetry to scan in players. So the player models will improve massively. And we're going to work on the grass transitions. We also have huge improvements with the lighting.

That being said when you give people the chance to design courses and have 3D grass, those transitions are hard to perfect because you're not baking them in and specifically designing them. And with non 3D grass the transitions are easier to achieve with 2D textures.

Also graphics wise, when comparing to others we have some massive positives over others. Not having a sky box being the big one.

The one thing I won't do though is compromise game play just to make the game look better. And even though we have a decent budget for TGC2 it's still nowhere near the likes of 2K or EA has. So we have to balance this carefully.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2016, 01:00:42 PM »
Physics and gameplay mechanics over looks! Game looks plenty good already.

Gasman

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2016, 01:10:19 PM »
Which are?

So we're doing some big changes with the graphics. We're using photogrammetry to scan in players. So the player models will improve massively. And we're going to work on the grass transitions. We also have huge improvements with the lighting.

That being said when you give people the chance to design courses and have 3D grass, those transitions are hard to perfect because you're not baking them in and specifically designing them. And with non 3D grass the transitions are easier to achieve with 2D textures.

Also graphics wise, when comparing to others we have some massive positives over others. Not having a sky box being the big one.

The one thing I won't do though is compromise game play just to make the game look better. And even though we have a decent budget for TGC2 it's still nowhere near the likes of 2K or EA has. So we have to balance this carefully.

Can the HB team develop transition brushes that have for example a 50/50 split of fairway & first cut.
These brushes could be programmed to have the dividing line between each texture looking more natural than we currently have.

Anthony Kyne

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2016, 01:22:19 PM »
Yes we can, everything is possible. But it's all about priorities, effort needed and bang for your buck.

Game play, lighting, swing animations, player models and character creator and going to get us more sales, better reviews.
We're going to definitely look into it and improve it but if it's a huge task it doesn't give us enough bang for our buck

J3Y 7E9

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2016, 02:33:53 PM »
Physics and gameplay mechanics over looks! Game looks plenty good already.

I more than agree with that even if better graphics is nice.
PSN: J3Y7E9
No training wheels Society

Stan Solo

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2016, 02:47:29 PM »
A game that is aesthetically pleasing is important along with gameplay and physics

Good idea from Gasman about the blending brushes .... I think this part of the game is a priority because the blending in TGC 1 was horrid

Seamount4Life

• golf-beta
  • www.raincitygamers.com
    • Rain City Gamers
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2016, 04:00:02 PM »
Pre-order immediately

tastegw

• GroupMember
  • only on tuesdays
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2016, 04:31:57 PM »
Anthony,   

not sure if it will help out with the budget or not,  but would opening up pre-orders soon help you guys out?

i know these two polls i got going here and over at tgctours are small sample sizes of your overall population, but it looks like a vast majority would like to throw our cash at you guys.

i personally was hoping for a lap dance.
i will....

Thrangar

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2016, 04:53:03 PM »
Pre baby all the way!
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2016, 06:14:57 PM »
not sure if it will help out with the budget or not,  but would opening up pre-orders soon help you guys out?

I don't know if they'd see the funds from pre-orders right away.  Isn't it usually the case that when you pre-order, your card isn't charged until the product ships or is delivered online?  All of my experience with this is with actual disk copies and not digital though... I can't recall ever pre-ordering a digital download.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Anthony Kyne

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2016, 06:28:34 PM »
Yeah the budget is the budget. Nothing is going to change it at this stage

tastegw

• GroupMember
  • only on tuesdays
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2016, 06:55:31 PM »
Yeah the budget is the budget. Nothing is going to change it at this stage

Gotha

i will....

hammers1man

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2016, 08:57:19 AM »
Yes we can, everything is possible. But it's all about priorities, effort needed and bang for your buck.

Game play, lighting, swing animations, player models and character creator and going to get us more sales, better reviews.
We're going to definitely look into it and improve it but if it's a huge task it doesn't give us enough bang for our buck

I think the graphics are fantastic in the current game,some course look amazing on higher resolutions on pc. Anthony any chance we could have the ball sitting down and disappearing in the heavy rough rather than sitting on top of it like it does now?. Maybe also have the grass moving as the club swings through it. Little graphics effects like that would really add to the game

space-cash