Ability to change the orientation of a bridge/wall across different axis.

• 8 Replies

XGN_DerpyBurger

« on: November 04, 2016, 08:34:39 PM »
As of now, most objects can only be adjusted on the 'X' axis. We can rotate the object to any degree, but that is it. There is no tilt, roll, or height changes that can be made. There is so much more that a designer can do if these changes to these objects can be added. For starters, bridges can be used at higher elevations, and be tilted downwards or upwards if there is an elevation change between the two points. The same applies to walls, fences etc. If you are able to tilt them up a hill, or tilt them at all, there will be so many different new looks that desigers could never achieve before.

Another thing my brother brought up is that basic building blocks arent apart of this game. To give an example of building blocks that could be added, I think of Roller Coaster Tycoon. They had a whole section of roof peices, walls, windows, and supports that allowed creative people the ability to design their own buildings and scenery. Another exanple of building blocks is something else my brother got into recenctly: the Hammer tool for CS:GO. In this tool, he can create an entire map for the game by just making blocks, adding in props and doors and even adding in custom textures that he makes himself. Im not saying that this Hammer creator is the way to go, I'm just saying that adding in building blocks may be worthwhile eventually so that designers can create actual skyscrapers instead of giant land masses in the distance.

Thanks for listening.

Edit: Apparently they have added in the ability to tilt and raise walls, water and bridges, but the building blocks suggestion is still relevant.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 01:05:52 PM by XGN_DerpyBurger »

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 11:26:32 PM »
By Roller Coaster Tycoon do you mean Planet Coasters? Same folk making it but different name and not officially a sequel. Assuming it is that game, man they have really opened up a world of customisations for their designers. 3D edit tools as you described above allow them to do all sorts of crazy things. Would love them in TGC... and I think we are getting them from the early videos we had. 

One thing Planet Coasters revealed is a range of really basic objects which can be coloured and combined to make all sorts of things. I would love HB to take a similar approach, giving us basic elements that we can combine and make our own stuff. We wouldn't need a huge number of objects, being able to change colours etc and some basic variations would equal some incredible stuff I'm certain.
Full Courses:
Sandy Foot Links (TGCTLive Olympic Entry)
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club
University Links (TGCT 2015 Open Championship)

XGN_DerpyBurger

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 11:37:56 PM »
By Roller Coaster Tycoon I mean all games like it: 1, 2, Planet Coaster, the good tycoon games anyway.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 11:46:03 PM by XGN_DerpyBurger »

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 12:06:58 PM »
Hb Keith said in his stream the other day,you can select rocks and lift them up and spin them round any direction you want,also can put a bridge say 100 feet in air across a canyon etc.....that sounds a outstanding feature not sure it answers your question.

XGN_DerpyBurger

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 12:50:34 PM »

Hb Keith said in his stream the other day,you can select rocks and lift them up and spin them round any direction you want,also can put a bridge say 100 feet in air across a canyon etc.....that sounds a outstanding feature not sure it answers your question.

Oh. I havent seen anything like that. But I still dont think you can tilt the bridges. That answers a part of my suggestion.

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 01:00:46 PM »
By "spin them around any direction", I believe Yeltz means around any axis.  So, yes you can tilt bridge.  When we saw some early TGC2 when it was first announced we saw them rotating/moving water planes around and I think HB Paul said that you would be able to do that to pretty much everything.  Sounds like Keith pretty much confirmed that as well which is awesome :)
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

XGN_DerpyBurger

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 01:04:35 PM »
By "spin them around any direction", I believe Yeltz means around any axis.  So, yes you can tilt bridge.  When we saw some early TGC2 when it was first announced we saw them rotating/moving water planes around and I think HB Paul said that you would be able to do that to pretty much everything.  Sounds like Keith pretty much confirmed that as well which is awesome :)
Yes I did see the water, so that means the building blocks is the only relevant question now (awesome!).

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 05:36:44 PM »
wasn't anything said about tilting bridges all what was said they snap together now so quick takes seconds to do a bridge.

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 05:59:29 PM »
wasn't anything said about tilting bridges all what was said they snap together now so quick takes seconds to do a bridge.
Damn... I thought he said that everything could be moved and rotated freely... I guess bridges could be a special case. This was so long ago I wasn't sure, I would say I'll have to watch back the old video but... aren't we getting a bit more info this week??? Will see what surfaces :D
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

space-cash