Turnberry Ailsa 2017

• 85 Replies

WindyCityWizard

« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2017, 10:20:22 AM »
I think that's a great name for the course, that should hopefully make everyone happy.
Thanks for being flexible on the name as well.
Thanks for doing excellent work on so many Open Championship courses, and other RCRs. You do an amazing job.  :)

Lots of versions due to refurbishments.
Play the ones exactly how they're listed here:
Tulip Point CC-Queen's Course
Tulip Point-Prince Course
Tulip Point-Royal Forest
Tulip Pt.-King's Course
Tulip Pt.-Royal Meadow
*All courses above have B, C, D versions*

Also,
Timber Trails (RCR)

Royce

« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2017, 02:40:43 PM »
The amount of complaining about a course name is comical to me (the name is the name, get over it already the world doesn't run on your political views). Makes me want to go make an RCR of a trump course and I didn't even vote for the guy.
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

WindyCityWizard

« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2017, 03:58:46 PM »
The amount of complaining about a course name is comical to me (the name is the name, get over it already the world doesn't run on your political views). Makes me want to go make an RCR of a trump course and I didn't even vote for the guy.

Never said it does. I never asked him to change it either. Was happy he did, but I never once asked for him to change it.
I agreed w/RockManDan's sentiment on not playing courses w/the name.
Don't know his rationale, but mine simply is I don't want to see the name on my screen for half an hour while I play my round, it's on there the whole time, whether in the corner, or on the scorecard between holes.
I turn on my game for enjoyment of free time, to step away from the "real world" for awhile. As you know, everything in the news for the past year has been election-related, and still is, for obvious reasons, b/c there's a new president.
I don't want to see it, I want to play a simple round of golf and not be reminded of it.
So I'm not going to pick a course where the name is as such.

I never asked anybody to change anything. Yeltzman was pretty thankful for an honest answer as to why the name mattered to some people, and given a rather non-political answer, decided it would be in everyone's interests to make a change.
Not really sure how your post added to the conversation, which surprises me, b/c I've always considered you to be really helpful to those in the community, playing everyone's courses and giving great feedback.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 04:00:49 PM by WindyCityWizard »
Tulip Point-Royal Forest
Tulip Pt.-King's Course
Tulip Pt.-Royal Meadow

Also,
Timber Trails (RCR)

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I'm watchin' you.
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2017, 05:19:31 PM »
The name is the name...and, the world runs on everyone's political views........

Welcome to 1984(George Orwell)...where power corrupts...........

Enough of that...Really looking forward to your new course Yeltz...you do RCR's proud.........Cheers

Royce

« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2017, 06:56:43 PM »

Never said it does. I never asked him to change it either. Was happy he did, but I never once asked for him to change it.
I agreed w/RockManDan's sentiment on not playing courses w/the name.
Don't know his rationale, but mine simply is I don't want to see the name on my screen for half an hour while I play my round, it's on there the whole time, whether in the corner, or on the scorecard between holes.
I turn on my game for enjoyment of free time, to step away from the "real world" for awhile. As you know, everything in the news for the past year has been election-related, and still is, for obvious reasons, b/c there's a new president.
I don't want to see it, I want to play a simple round of golf and not be reminded of it.
So I'm not going to pick a course where the name is as such.

I never asked anybody to change anything. Yeltzman was pretty thankful for an honest answer as to why the name mattered to some people, and given a rather non-political answer, decided it would be in everyone's interests to make a change.
Not really sure how your post added to the conversation, which surprises me, b/c I've always considered you to be really helpful to those in the community, playing everyone's courses and giving great feedback.

I admit 100% I have brought nothing of value to this conversation....and I wasn't necessarily referring to you, others have made similar comments in the past regarding Trump courses and I  just find it totally wacky but everyone is entitled to enjoy the game however they so choose and if the word "Trump" appearing on your screen is ruining the fun then I understand completely.  I certainly could take less of the constant mention of the word trump on any news outlet you visit, but at the end of the day I don't really give a crap since it doesn't affect me one way or another.

To me it's just a golf course, don't care who's name is attached to it......  when I eventually visit Cuba one day you better believe I'm making a tee time at the venerable Castro Golf & Country de Clube and I've heard Saddam Hills is a can't miss gem...
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

Icyken

« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2017, 07:20:55 PM »
Was he in a brass band playing the Trumpit ?
2K21 , Courses
   Machrihan Dunes, Tour.      (  Prestwick Links  )
   The Celtic Isles...  Tour
   Craigendoran Links..(new)
   Prestwick , Scotland. Tour
   Helensburgh , GC. Tour
   Ayrshire Gailes. Tour
   Rosemount , Scotland
   St Nicholas , Prestwick

WindyCityWizard

« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2017, 07:28:41 PM »

I admit 100% I have brought nothing of value to this conversation....and I wasn't necessarily referring to you, others have made similar comments in the past regarding Trump courses and I  just find it totally wacky but everyone is entitled to enjoy the game however they so choose and if the word "Trump" appearing on your screen is ruining the fun then I understand completely.  I certainly could take less of the constant mention of the word trump on any news outlet you visit, but at the end of the day I don't really give a crap since it doesn't affect me one way or another.

To me it's just a golf course, don't care who's name is attached to it......  when I eventually visit Cuba one day you better believe I'm making a tee time at the venerable Castro Golf & Country de Clube and I've heard Saddam Hills is a can't miss gem...

I was obviously a bit put off by your original comment, but this one has made me feel better about things. How about we look forward to Yeltzman's upcoming masterpiece? :)
Tulip Point-Royal Forest
Tulip Pt.-King's Course
Tulip Pt.-Royal Meadow

Also,
Timber Trails (RCR)

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I'm watchin' you.
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2017, 07:45:03 PM »
And Yeltz..doesn't even need his Twitter account at 3am..to promote his courses...beauty..........  ::) 

Yeltz Turnberry..is cool..

Makes no difference to me...i'll play all your courses Yeltz..........Cheers   :)

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2017, 10:52:59 AM »
i guess if you put hilary in front he will play :)

Wouldn't like that either, but I boycott EVERYTHING Donald.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Colinmafia

• Maker of Enjoyable Easy to play RCR look-a-likies
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2017, 02:25:00 PM »
I Like what Donald T done with the course especially the 9th. so mine remains T Turnberry on TGC 2  :)

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2017, 05:37:32 PM »
All finished just finishing testing firm Conditions,3rd and 11th only holes what really lets it down on those setting a overhead of holes 8 to 15

« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 05:49:37 PM by Yeltzman »

space-cash