First impressions xbox one TGC2

• 73 Replies

FRSTDWN

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2017, 07:25:09 PM »
Wish he had played tgc1 on Xbox. Hard to compare if he didn't. It has to be better. Maybe check out the PS4 streams that are up on twitch and compare that.

Ok I just signed up for the xbox game pass free trial and downloaded TGC1. First off 1080p is just that little bit clearer and sharper than 900p. Seemed to be more stutter in the framerate in general ie more consistent. Menus arent as laggy. Anything you want me to compare specifically ?

You didn't have to do all that. Just curious on how much better it looks and runs. I think you have answered as much as you can. I do have the S and it's running on a 4 K so I will find out Tuesday am on how it looks and will report back.

Minus DOF we did not have those other options before so I don't know what they do. You PC guys probably know though.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

philby85

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2017, 07:26:52 PM »
Wish he had played tgc1 on Xbox. Hard to compare if he didn't. It has to be better. Maybe check out the PS4 streams that are up on twitch and compare that.

Ok I just signed up for the xbox game pass free trial and downloaded TGC1. First off 1080p is just that little bit clearer and sharper than 900p. Seemed to be more stutter in the framerate in general ie more consistent. Menus arent as laggy. Anything you want me to compare specifically ?

You didn't have to do all that. Just curious on how much better it looks and runs. I think you have answered as much as you can. I do have the S and it's running on a 4 K so I will find out Tuesday am on how it looks and will report back.

Minus DOF we did not have those other options before so I don't know what they do. You PC guys probably know though.

Happy to help it was free so no drama at all. It was interesting to compare.

Bobapett

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2017, 07:28:34 PM »
Well after more testing, things have improved. I only have AA on in the graphics settings. Also a restart of the xbone did a world of good. I have installed the game to an external 7200 rpm drive. Pretty much satisfied with the game now.

What are all of the graphical settings?  Any way to get a screenshot?

Also, are your menu issues better now as well?

The menu's are still lagging, slight improvement. After you finish a hole the scorecard pops in sometimes piece by piece. I have seen this a lot in xbox one games.

Graphical settings are Depth of field, Bloom, Anti Aliasing and Motion Blur.

Thanks!  A bit disappointing about the menus. 
Only YOU can prevent word crimes.

philby85

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2017, 07:35:46 PM »

It will be interesting to see if the 7% graphical boost of the S does anything. Look forward to your thoughts.

philby85

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2017, 11:55:53 PM »
just reporting the game has crashed on me twice in 2 days. Sounds locks up and drops back to xbox home dash. Interested to see if anyone else reports it when they get it.

HitItLong

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2017, 05:11:57 AM »
just reporting the game has crashed on me twice in 2 days. Sounds locks up and drops back to xbox home dash. Interested to see if anyone else reports it when they get it.

Haven't seen this yet, graphics better than TGC so I am happy enough, but there is some screen tearing on occasions.

Still getting used to things, started on player clubs and sticking to that for the time being, starting to get a hang of the tempo, and so far getting in the cone 90% of the time.

Tempo is a lot slower than what I was doing in TGC so that is going to take a lot of time to ingrain, will need to work out what the gist of chipping and flopping is now, it will take a bit of time to get use to these changes, but I have had one chip in thus far.

So far liking it a lot
FirstBlitzer Au on Xbox One

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2017, 09:29:13 AM »
I saw some clips just now on Xbox live and really like look. It appears to look a lot better on vids which are usually captured at 720p so I'm excited about the basic visuals

FRSTDWN

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2017, 11:46:10 AM »
Yea I saw the same thing the AM on my xbox app. Looks promising. Certainly better than TGC 1. I will report back how it looks on the S.

Any of you guys know what the settings do below? Should you have them on or off?

Bloom, Anti Aliasing and Motion Blur.

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2017, 11:49:00 AM »
Yea I saw the same thing the AM on my xbox app. Looks promising. Certainly better than TGC 1. I will report back how it looks on the S.

Any of you guys know what the settings do below? Should you have them on or off?

Bloom - on
Anti Aliasing - on
Motion blur - depends on your TV hertz

bigtee

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2017, 11:53:07 AM »
Can the hud be switched off on xb1 ?

HitItLong

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2017, 11:55:54 AM »
Can the hud be switched off on xb1 ?

Yes it can be set to Fade out just like the other platforms.
FirstBlitzer Au on Xbox One

bigtee

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2017, 12:00:33 PM »
Thanks.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2017, 12:01:26 PM »

Bloom - on
Anti Aliasing - on
Motion blur - depends on your TV hertz

The motion blur I think I get but what do the other ones do?

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2017, 12:18:30 PM »
I saw some clips just now on Xbox live and really like look. It appears to look a lot better on vids which are usually captured at 720p so I'm excited about the basic visuals

NBS, those are some pretty good looking grabs; I'd say they're in 720p, at best though.  Also, it appears that the Depth of Field was enabled, as the trees are being blurred excessively and at too short a distance to achieve the "effect"... IMHO.  I simply don't understand the predilection for DOF in this game, so I'd guess I'm in the minority of those who prefer to turn it off.  It's purely a subjective issue though, and really... it's not an issue as we have the option to enable it or not. :)
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2017, 12:36:49 PM »

NBS, those are some pretty good looking grabs; I'd say they're in 720p, at best though.  Also, it appears that the Depth of Field was enabled, as the trees are being blurred excessively and at too short a distance to achieve the "effect"... IMHO.  I simply don't understand the predilection for DOF in this game, so I'd guess I'm in the minority of those who prefer to turn it off.  It's purely a subjective issue though, and really... it's not an issue as we have the option to enable it or not. :)

I think I'll use DOF this time around as the compares of it on vs off in the grabs above, the trees look bad further away but loving what I see.

space-cash