Unknown network error when starting career

• 18 Replies

TheLastDon

« on: June 27, 2017, 02:29:02 AM »
I just bought GC2 and every time I try to start a new career I get an error that says "An unknown network error has occurred. Please try again later." *Sigh, for once i'd like to buy a game that worked on day 1.

SSenator

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 02:30:41 AM »
I get those everywhere not just in the career. I'm hoping it's just launch over crowded servers.
R.I.P. Divotmaker. It was my pleasure to have known you.

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 02:31:22 AM »
Saw someone playing career on ps4 live stream, it must be just u.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

TheLastDon

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 02:35:17 AM »
I get those everywhere not just in the career. I'm hoping it's just launch over crowded servers.

How many people are really playing a golf game at 10:30pm PST 1:30am EST?...haha. That is some serious miscalculation by HB stuidios if that's the case.  Btw, is this the Super Senator by any chance from Links playing days?

TheLastDon

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 02:37:05 AM »
Saw someone playing career on ps4 live stream, it must be just u.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Yeah EVERY other game I have tried now works fine online. I'm sure it's really me!

HeMan

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 02:39:00 AM »
It's not just you, it's everyone. At least the 10 other people I'm playing with are having the same issues. Could be an XB thing.

TheLastDon

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 02:43:48 AM »
It's not just you, it's everyone. At least the 10 other people I'm playing with are having the same issues. Could be an XB thing.

I seem to remember the GC1 having some sort of issues at launch as well. Oh well, serves me right for buying this game for full price when they have a track record of releasing games that don't work on day 1.

TigerFanBritt

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 02:44:12 AM »
Crash crash, error error. MP not even worth trying.

Rough opening night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 02:48:46 AM »

Terry, I was trying to play a round with FRSTDWN and I got disconnected from the game three times in six holes.  It wasn't the internet because my son was playing Stellaris via Steam on his PC the entire time, without disruption in an 8 player game.

It seems to have gotten better though, as I just now finished a 9 hole course by myself without disruption.  I hope these are just start up pangs... I imagine they are!
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

SSenator

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 03:07:24 AM »

How many people are really playing a golf game at 10:30pm PST 1:30am EST?...haha. That is some serious miscalculation by HB stuidios if that's the case.  Btw, is this the Super Senator by any chance from Links playing days?

I'd say yes to your question It's me 😃

TheLastDon

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 03:26:49 AM »

Nice. What is your gamer tag exactly? I'll add you.  Does Niersty still play?

TigerFanBritt

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 03:28:24 AM »
Man I'm really disappointed in the crashes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SSenator

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2017, 03:36:29 AM »

Nice. What is your gamer tag exactly? I'll add you.  Does Niersty still play?

Senator is my tag. I see Niersty on the box once in a while but haven't seen him on golf.

HB_MitchellK

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2017, 09:41:07 AM »
I just bought GC2 and every time I try to start a new career I get an error that says "An unknown network error has occurred. Please try again later." *Sigh, for once i'd like to buy a game that worked on day 1.

Hey, what's your username and platform? We're trying to track this down.

SSenator

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2017, 11:14:13 AM »
I don't know about the OP but the issues I was having last night seem to be gone this morning.

space-cash