my swing

• 6 Replies

NIGHTSTOCKER59

« on: June 27, 2017, 03:30:00 PM »
every time i get a perfect upswing and my downswing is fast it goes way right,i'm lefthanded golfer.

Bobapett

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 04:46:05 PM »
I seem to consistently get a slow upswing, and i'm all over the place with my downswing.  Trying to get the tempo right usually makes me veer out of the cone, lol.  Lots of work to do!

Is everyone here going to stick it out with Tour clubs?  I'm thinking i may have to work with Player clubs - at least in the short term.  :-\ ;D
Only YOU can prevent word crimes.

NIGHTSTOCKER59

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 04:48:54 PM »
i'm using player clubs

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 05:24:47 PM »
every time i get a perfect upswing and my downswing is fast it goes way right,i'm lefthanded golfer.

That's the correct behavior of the swing mechanic.

Practice, practice, practice......
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Neutreus6

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 07:06:01 PM »
As above comment, I'm hoping with practice that it improves. I'm playing right handed and mine hooks when I get to fast a downswing so that's consistent with the mechanics anyway. Thinking about real life for a second, a steady backswing and much faster downswing is standard and I think that's maybe my struggle. I mirrored that in TGC1 but in TGC2 it seems you need a constant speed on the back and down swing and it feels alien.

My concern is that there were people (one of my TGC golfing buddies included) who struggled to hit a straight drive consistently in TGC1. I just wonder if adding this tempo is going to make it to difficult for some.

I thought I'd watched an interview at some point that said you would be able to use the old swing mechanic if you wanted. To me that would make sense for those that just couldn't get used to the tempo. Perhaps with a small yardage penalty on your clubs.
My designs (which hopefully improved as time went on - most recent last):
Quedgeley Hills Golf Club
Welland Lakes Golf Club
Autumnal Wood Black Course
Majestic County Golf Club
Buick Grange Country Club
Buick Grange Country Club (2016 revision)
Las Bocas Golf Resort

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 07:15:48 PM »
You guys are finding out that Tour club right out of the box are not for everybody.

Divot said it, I repeat it...practice and then practice some more.

Wait until tomorrow when you have to practice again.

Bobapett

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 07:31:48 PM »
You guys are finding out that Tour club right out of the box are not for everybody.

Divot said it, I repeat it...practice and then practice some more.

Wait until tomorrow when you have to practice again.

Oh yeah, i never doubted it!
Only YOU can prevent word crimes.

space-cash